Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2020 8:00:33 PM EDT
Seems this is not isolated to me, as others are reporting the same issue.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Sending-PM-s-but-people-not-receiving-them-/5-2336663/

The plot has thickened as I sent a reply to a member and I specifically checked the box to save a copy in my sent folder (I have started doing this now), so I had proof I sent it and did not have to re type it all, if it did not go through. I have not heard back from them. I just went and checked and there is no copy in my sent folder. It was a kinda long winded reply and now I am frustrated that it did not go through (again) and I lost what all I typed.
So it would seem that if it does not go through, it does not save a copy in the sent folder either. Even though after hitting submit, it gives the message "you action was completed"
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
I have not had a issue in the last few days, but back when I posted the thread in GD and here, none of them were going through.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I've also experienced this.  Others in the EE mention it, too
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Same here, been going on for a while
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Same.  And I don’t get the @ notifications until later (usually up to a week after).
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Once I started noticing it happening, I started clicking the "save copy in sent folder".
Once I "sent" it, I would go to my sent folder. If it was not there then I know it fell into the black hole. If it is there, then I know it actually sent.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ok this doesnt make sense. The messages are instant. If they get lost, that's most likely a non-logged error, so to me that's the issue we are working on. In regards to something like this, it's not really possible unless you are caching your page and just pulling up old info and just need to reload the page.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same.  And I don’t get the @ notifications until later (usually up to a week after).

Ok this doesnt make sense. The messages are instant. If they get lost, that's most likely a non-logged error, so to me that's the issue we are working on. In regards to something like this, it's not really possible unless you are caching your page and just pulling up old info and just need to reload the page.

I don’t know what any of that means.  I surf this place primarily on an I-phone if that helps and refresh the page fairly frequently.  Very rarely am I on a PC.  The last time this happened was in this thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2353482/?page=2#i86835322
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Once I started noticing it happening, I started clicking the "save copy in sent folder".
Once I "sent" it, I would go to my sent folder. If it was not there then I know it fell into the black hole. If it is there, then I know it actually sent.
View Quote

Yep. I ended up doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]
This is still happening for sure.  I was directed to this thread after posting in the Teams forum.

MANY messages that I sent to an EE seller (after many successful messages and payment) seemed to be going into the ether.  I had already turned to the "save a copy in Sent" trick and they were not going there either.

Just now I made a NEW message to the same seller and that seems to have gone through...saved in my Sent anyway.

So maybe the problem is related to, or worse with, Replies and longer exchanges?  Dunno.

Rob
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a good idea. Ive had some good looking EE transactions fall through due to not receiving IMs or mine apparently not getting through.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So maybe the problem is related to, or worse with, Replies and longer exchanges?  Dunno.

Rob
View Quote

This makes sense. It's the best way I've been able to re-establish comms via IM
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top