Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2022 10:44:02 PM EDT
I currently have a Honda pioneer 1000-5 and have decided it's not what I want. I'd like to get into a sport model like a talon/rzr. I talked to my dealer and with how crazy things are the difference between selling myself and trading is like 4k. The problem is I'm fairly rural and have never sold anything this expensive private party. I've looked at craigslist for my area and there are hardly any utv's I assume they sell quick. I assume let people check it out at my house and then trailer it to a bank to close the deal?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve bought sold trades motorcycles Utvs farm equipment etc. if you would like to leave my property with the item bring the full amount in cash.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve bought sold trades motorcycles Utvs farm equipment etc. if you would like to leave my property with the item bring the full amount in cash.
View Quote

You'd have no problem taking 18-20 grand in cash?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve taken in over 30k in cash for a truck sale. Took 12k cash to buy a bike. Any doubts, then take the cash to a bank for counting.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Op you might see if your dealership will sell it on a commission or see if a local used car lot will sell for commission? Plus they have financing options available to widen your client base.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Craigslist is dead and facebook marketplace or specialty groups is where I sell most everything.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I just sold one for $11,500 the dealer offered me $8,000 for trade.
It was on Craigslist for less than 24 hours and I took only cash for it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Op you might see if your dealership will sell it on a commission or see if a local used car lot will sell for commission? Plus they have financing options available to widen your client base.
View Quote

My dealer said they haven't had much luck with commission. I appreciate my salesman letting me know the difference between trade and private sale right now. I guess if I sell for cash I'll pick up a bill marker or something.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Pick up a bill marker or if you want extra protection meet at their bank and get a cashiers check or cash straight from the bank. I’ve done it this way for some over $20k transactions.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Dealer aka stealership is there to make money, period. Question is how much money do you want to throw away having them "help" you sell.

Being the market the way it is. If your worried tell people up front about going to bank. If they really want the rig it won't be an issue. Take this time to learn how to buy and sell. It's a very valuable skill that will save you thousands of dollars in the future.

STOP GOING TO DEALERS. They will and are ripping you off.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dealer aka stealership is there to make money, period. Question is how much money do you want to throw away having them "help" you sell.

Being the market the way it is. If your worried tell people up front about going to bank. If they really want the rig it won't be an issue. Take this time to learn how to buy and sell. It's a very valuable skill that will save you thousands of dollars in the future.

STOP GOING TO DEALERS. They will and are ripping you off.
View Quote

Our dealership sold my buddy’s General on six percent and got $2,000 over the asking price. But buggy’s are in demand here. Plus sold extended warranty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top