Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2023 12:12:04 PM EDT
I am interested in recommendations for a rubber band to replace a second Seiko band on my 009. I do dive with it so it should expand for wetsuit sleeves, but is there a decent band to replace or should I just get a NATO? I’m not terribly familiar with size adjustments on those straps.

Anyone have ideas or recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
NATO for diving.  More secure than a strap.  22mm width for a 009
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
With a nato, if a spring pin let's go, you won't lose your watch.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Leather type breaking or what? The materials that failed are rubber-like, metal, or leather-like? Be specific about the 009.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leather type breaking or what? The materials that failed are rubber-like, metal, or leather-like? Be specific about the 009.
View Quote

Rubber like. It’s been comfortable, replaced it once, but it’s starting to rip near the hole I usually use for securing it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Rubber like. It’s been comfortable, replaced it once, but it’s starting to rip near the hole I usually use for securing it.
View Quote

I think Seiko has a silicone version for some of their Titanium divers.  Might try that.  

I really like NATOs on SKX Seikos, and they now make a rubber NATO, which is neat in that the watch tends to flop around on the wrist less than the regular NATOs.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think Seiko has a silicone version for some of their Titanium divers.  Might try that.  

I really like NATOs on SKX Seikos, and they now make a rubber NATO, which is neat in that the watch tends to flop around on the wrist less than the regular NATOs.
View Quote

That’s why I had been worried about NATO straps already, I’ll look into this.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried a strap from Uncle Seiko?
https://unclestraps.com/collections/standard-rubber-straps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top