Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/4/2022 4:34:55 AM EDT
I got the first two jabs in the past but neither of the boosters. I don't know whether to get the booster(s). I'm in my 50s and about 100lbs overweight for my frame size. I rather not get Covid and die. OTOH, I also rather not get the booster(s), then die either soon after or a few years in the future due to it. My hunch is if a person gets vaccinated, then gets Covid, it is less severe than if that person is vaccinated.

I was hoping to get advice about what to do.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I got the first two jabs in the past but neither of the boosters. I don't know whether to get the booster(s). I'm in my 50s and about 100lbs overweight for my frame size. I rather not get Covid and die. OTOH, I also rather not get the booster(s), then die either soon after or a few years in the future due to it. My hunch is if a person gets vaccinated, then gets Covid, it is less severe than if that person is vaccinated.

View Quote

Get started on one of the prophylaxis protocols, either Zelensky, McCullough, or FLCCC.  All of them stress getting Vitamans D and C in proper amounts.  I would acquire ivermectin  and Hydroxychloroquine to have on hand, preferably via prescription.  Get outside in the sun, get some exercise.

And work on your weight.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Lose weight, exercise more, work on your cardio, if you are diabetic, work on getting your numbers down.

Those are probably the best things you can do.

None are free and easy. The alternative is a far higher risk of dying.

The choice is yours.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
You have an opportunity to change your life right now .

Covid was fake, what was not fake was the shit (whatever it was) they injected into you in the name of a vaccine.  I am 47 and unvaccinated, living life, working out, getting sun, at least 15-20 minutes a day, sometimes full body,  sleeping a lot and managing my job.  Cell phone turns on at 8 and goes off at 5.  

We have been programmed by big medical to sit inside, never get sun, put on sunscreen, etc .

My philosophy moving forward is to do the opposite of whatever big medical/govt is pushing ..
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Ask your doctor.

If you don't trust your doctor, find one that you can trust.

Don't take medical advice from anonymous strangers on the Internet.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ask your doctor.

View Quote
There is a huge difference in life advice and medical advice.  big medical is corrupt, might be more corrupt than big govt.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ask your doctor.

View Quote

Here let me help Op and what any Doctor should tell him. Stopping eating excess calories and lose weight.

OP has had 2 years to fix himself and here we are. He could have easily lost that 100 pounds or even 50-60 pounds over the last 2 years and be in a much better place then he is now. Same principles on why he got overweight is also why he is still over weight 2 years into the worlds deadliest pandemic.

OP GL with your boosters. My FIL is on his 3-4 time of covid and has moderna. Nobody in the entire extended family has had covid more then once as far as anyone knows. My FIL cases are all test confirmed. The intervals between each is narrowing and his symptoms this last round lasted a month, possibly thanks to that paxvoild shit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I suspect you already know what to do: start eating healthy and exercise. Starting down that path is always a challenge given that it involves modifying regular routines, but once you make it a habit and stick with it you will realize the benefit. Whether vaccinated, booster, or neither, leading a healthy life is the best thing you can do.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Boosters are the same as the other shots. To little to late. They're based on the original strain and Omicron (BIvalent), The original strain is no longer in circulation and pretty much everyone has been exposed to Omicron. Not to mention Omicron is fading away and there's a new variant on the rise.
They'll never stay ahead of a respiratory virus.
"Just ask your Dr". Yeah ok, has anyone paid any attention to what's going on in CA? If the Dr says anything that goes against the Board of Health they can be charged. Great trustworthy source there............
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#9]
The other day I saw this commercial with Jeff Bridges which at first seemed like it was for a booster, but it wasn't.  Is was by AstaZeneca, but not for their vax, but for monoclonal antibodies as a prophylactic.

I guess I hadn't heard of that as an option, and seeing as how they have to spend their own money to get the word out, rather than the media/government complex doing it for them, explains that.

If the aim is to load up on antibodies why not consider that instead?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
My family is unvaxxed. We all got it last month for the 3rd time. Wife/kids got sick on 9/11, and I got sick on 9/19. No one had a fever, loss of smell/taste, or fatigue. Wife/kids had a sore throat/cough for 3 days. I had a sore throat for 2 days, and some mild congestion in the mornings until this past Sunday. My wife, and I started the FLCCC regimen at the first sign of symptoms, my kids took an extra vitamin C gummy a day.

We hauled our trailer up to our favorite spot at 8000’, and isolated around a campfire while trying new cast iron, and Dutch oven recipes.

Edit: 40’s, overweight, controlled HBP.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd be more worried about Type 2 diabetes and heart problems.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Talk to your doctor aout vaccinations AND an exercise and diet plan.

FWIW, AfrCom is the LAST place I'd come for vax advice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks very much to all who left posts. 100% agreed about exercising and losing weight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ask your doctor.

View Quote

OP just be aware that doctors are not at all agenda free when it comes to dispensing covid advice;

FSMB: SPREADING COVID-19 VACCINE MISINFORMATION MAY PUT MEDICAL LICENSE AT RISK
https://www.fsmb.org/advocacy/news-releases/fsmb-spreading-covid-19-vaccine-misinformation-may-put-medical-license-at-risk/

Of course, 'misinformation' is whatever the govt says it is.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Best protection against COVID is lose weight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ask your doctor.

View Quote

I got better advice about diet and exercise on Arfcom than I ever got from my Dr.

Advice is just that - advice. Point me in the right direction and allow me to research it for myself. Arfcom did that. I'm now in the best shape I've been in in 25 years. Meanwhile my Dr insists how I got here was via a "fad". Yeah. I swam 1100 yds today and ran 5.5 miles. Fad my ass.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I got better advice about diet and exercise on Arfcom than I ever got from my Dr.

Advice is just that - advice. Point me in the right direction and allow me to research it for myself. Arfcom did that. I'm now in the best shape I've been in in 25 years. Meanwhile my Dr insists how I got here was via a "fad". Yeah. I swam 1100 yds today and ran 5.5 miles. Fad my ass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ask your doctor.

This. Ask your doctor about nutrition advice and they will point you to the FDA food pyramid, lol.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Being fat will cause all sorts of problems.
Lose weight, eat well, exercise.

Vaxxx or boosters weren't effective at prevention.  They appear to me to carry significant risk for some.
Far more risk than taking vitamins and supplements recommended by FLCCC or similar protocols.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There is a huge difference in life advice and medical advice.  big medical is corrupt, might be more corrupt than big govt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ask your doctor.

all about the kick backs

OP, think of the wooflu simply as the flu.  And lose weight, maybe keto, it works
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ask your doctor.

Telling someone who is admittedly overweight to lose weight is obviously righteous and reasonable.  That's lifestyle advice that a lot of people who aren't in the medical profession are perfectly qualified to dispense.

The OP asks a specific medical question about whether or not he should get a vaccine booster.  I am pleasantly surprised that nobody so far has come right out and said he should or shouldn't get one, though several replies kind of dance around it by saying he should lose weight, that losing weight is the best protection against COVID-19, etc.  All perfectly sound advice, but those replies don't address the core question.  And nobody on this forum is qualified to give out specific advice on that question.  Even the MDs, NPs, PAs, etc. among us don't have enough information to make a recommendation on that question for a stranger.

It's a very important question and more time-sensitive than any possibility of the OP losing 100 pounds.  A wrong answer in either direction could have devastating consequences.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Telling someone who is admittedly overweight to lose weight is obviously righteous and reasonable.  That's lifestyle advice that a lot of people who aren't in the medical profession are perfectly qualified to dispense.

The OP asks a specific medical question about whether or not he should get a vaccine booster.  I am pleasantly surprised that nobody so far has come right out and said he should or shouldn't get one, though several replies kind of dance around it by saying he should lose weight, that losing weight is the best protection against COVID-19, etc.  All perfectly sound advice, but those replies don't address the core question.  And nobody on this forum is qualified to give out specific advice on that question.  Even the MDs, NPs, PAs, etc. among us don't have enough information to make a recommendation on that question for a stranger.

It's a very important question and more time-sensitive than any possibility of the OP losing 100 pounds.  A wrong answer in either direction could have devastating consequences.
View Quote

@California_Kid

Good post. I wonder if the professionals bolded above would have enough info to make a recommendation for people/patients they know. My guess is the companies don't tell them everything about the jab. The clinic where my doc is may get kickbacks based on the number of people who get the jab for all I know.

Recently, 4 or 5 doctors near each other in Canada croaked not long after getting the jab. Only one had some years on him. One was a girl in her 20s. Shame. I saved the link.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was offering a counterpoint to your assertion that we should only accept advice from "professionals". Said "professional" advice I've been given would have kept me overweight and on medication. In fact I was disparaged and discouraged from the path I took to personal success because my doctor disagreed with it. Results be damned.

OP sought advice in an open forum. I'm sorry you can't accept that not all good advice comes from doctors.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was offering a counterpoint to your assertion that we should only accept advice from "professionals". Said "professional" advice I've been given would have kept me overweight and on medication. In fact I was disparaged and discouraged from the path I took to personal success because my doctor disagreed with it. Results be damned.

OP sought advice in an open forum. I'm sorry you can't accept that not all good advice comes from doctors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm familiar with bad medical advice from doctors.  One of the three that I have fired in my life instructed me to avoid all dairy (i.e. milk) products, because she thought that would help keep my cholesterol numbers under control.  She overlooked clear evidence in my blood work that I had a calcium metabolism problem, basically a Vitamin D deficiency.  A few years of avoiding some of my favorite foods such as cheeses resulted in osteoporosis, which she also tried hard to ignore.  A form of parathyroid hyperplasia runs in my family, and she wouldn't listen to anything about that either.

After consulting with a parathyroid expert in Florida and getting established with a good internal medicine doctor who was a good listener, my instructions were to take Vitamin D3 supplements and calcium every day for the rest of my life, and to eat all the cheese and other milk products I wanted.  The new PCP put me on alendronate (Fosamax) for two years, and my bone density was restored back to the normal range.  Unfortunately the damage I experienced from the calcium deficiency probably contributed to the failure of my right hip joint, which had to be replaced.

The other two doctors that I have fired were both opthalmologists.  One was just inept, the other tried to sell me an expensive procedure that was not only unnecessary, it wasn't indicated at all.  I have only one correctable eye (the other is lazy) and can't afford to take any chances on my "good" one.

It's important for people to keep a close eye on their doctors.  As my mom has said many times, one in three doctors graduated in the bottom third of their medical school classes.  Or, there's the old saw about "What do you call someone who got the lowest grades in his medical school class?"  The answer of course is "Doctor."

But the Internet in general and this forum in particular is a very poor place to seek advice on treating or avoiding COVID-19.  A lot of conflicting information gets posted here - It can't all be right, but it can all be wrong.  I personally avoid advising people on medical issues because 1) I'm not qualified to give medical advice and 2) I don't want to incur the responsibility (or liability) for what happens if I give advice that turns out to be wrong.  Some of our fellow members here apparently feel that they know better about certain subjects than any doctor, or that doctors are all part of a global malevolent conspiracy (except of course for CERTAIN doctors.)

My advice on pretty much any medical issue is always going to be to discuss it with a doctor that you know and trust, and ignore advice given out by strangers who don't know much about you.

ETA bonus video!

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#24]
@California_Kid

Good to hear you got your health on track.

Obviously, not all doctors are part of a conspiracy. OTOH, I have to wonder if many are too influenced by the drug companies. I had a male nurse practitioner who wanted me to take a certain medicine. It wasn't for me so I declined. Not long after, he dropped me as a patient, claiming he doesn't work with patients in my town anymore. I should probably verify that using a pseudonym via email.

Advice from strangers can be considered if it seems good. It doesn't hurt to look into a person's advice.

Are you willing to say whether you got the jabs?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:. My hunch is if a person gets vaccinated, then gets Covid, it is less severe than if that person is vaccinated.
View Quote

That's MSM BS.  Skip the booster and find a means of detoxing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:. My hunch is if a person gets vaccinated, then gets Covid, it is less severe than if that person is vaccinated.

That's interesting. Is it also BS for the flu shot? I've been getting the flu shot for years.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Well the vaccines dont work... so.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's interesting. Is it also BS for the flu shot? I've been getting the flu shot for years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least with the flu shots, there is a chance that the flu strain you may get exposed to is one of the strains that was in the flu shot cocktail of strains. If that is the case, you won't catch that strain of the flu.

With the HEGT shots, they do not confer immunity *at all* and were never designed to from the beginning. Turns out, there a piss-poor therapeutic as well and cause more harm than they prevented.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@California_Kid...

...Are you willing to say whether you got the jabs?
View Quote

Yes.  I got the 2-shot Pfizer series, and one booster in December 2021.  I haven't ever had any obvious symptoms or been sick at all other than mild seasonal allergies, and have consistently gotten negative results on the at-home antigen tests.  I haven't had a PCR or antibody test.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes.  I got the 2-shot Pfizer series, and one booster in December 2021.  I haven't ever had any obvious symptoms or been sick at all other than mild seasonal allergies, and have consistently gotten negative results on the at-home antigen tests.  I haven't had a PCR or antibody test.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@California_Kid...

Your immune system is compromised .I hope you don't run across something your system cant handle
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 12:14:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Your immune system is compromised .I hope you don't run across something your system cant handle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@California_Kid...

Why? Because he didn't get the booster?
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@California_Kid...

I got the two Pfizers as well. I was due for the booster earlier in the year but didn't get it. I'm going to get the flu jab, but I'm having trouble deciding whether to get the booster.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#33]
If a person has not had any trouble with the two non-booster jabs, does it mean it is extremely unlikely a booster will cause an issue?
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If a person has not had any trouble with the two non-booster jabs, does it mean it is extremely unlikely a booster will cause an issue?
View Quote

Check out the newly released v-safe data from the CDC. It's pretty bad...
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@California_Kid...

the intial shots are harmful, boosters just keep deteriorating the system
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@California_Kid...

That is baseless speculation.  I get cuts and scratches and scrapes frequently.  If my immune system wasn't working properly then surely an infected skin injury would have done me in by now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I got the two Pfizers as well. I was due for the booster earlier in the year but didn't get it. I'm going to get the flu jab, but I'm having trouble deciding whether to get the booster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@California_Kid...

A pharmacist advised me to space different vaccines out by at least two weeks rather than getting any two or more at the same time.  Some combinations can be dangerous.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you provide a link to the raw deidentified data?

Never mind, I found it.

https://www.icandecide.org/v-safe-data-files/

Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

10,000 variations of the flu and the CDC does a statistical analysis to figure out which three will be the most prevalent strain.  It's a crap shoot  as to whether they're right or wrong.  You still trust the CDC after wuflu?
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Hit the gym and eat healthier and lose some weight man. Being overweight or diabetic have caused more deaths than Covid. Of course these same people tend to die of Covid as well. People in good shape tend to bounce back.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That is baseless speculation.  I get cuts and scratches and scrapes frequently.  If my immune system wasn't working properly then surely an infected skin injury would have done me in by now.
View Quote
Why are you getting cuts, scratches and scrapes frequently?   That should be an infrequent part of your life?

It is not baseless at all.  It has not been studied.   You are part of the trial.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Why are you getting cuts, scratches and scrapes frequently?   That should be an infrequent part of your life?

It is not baseless at all.  It has not been studied.   You are part of the trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have hobbies that include working with hand tools, working with and on machines, gardening, cooking, riding a mountain bike, and I have a cat.  I go through more bandages than anyone I know, and it's no big deal because my immune responses have always been strong.  I haven't had a sinus infection that required medical attention since I stopped swimming in the ocean.

If the COVID-19 vaccines were really damaging peoples' immune systems, there would be mounds of bodies of people who died from infected paper cuts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If the COVID-19 vaccines were really damaging peoples' immune systems, there would be mounds of bodies of people who died from infected paper cuts.
View Quote

Excess deaths are up 10% nationwide
Meanwhile the local hospital has people lying on cots in a tent in the parking lot, people in beds in the ER hallway for days at a time. Buddies wife is an ICU nurse there and hasn't seen anything like this since she did volunteer work in 3rd world countries. Said it's not any single thing bringing them in, people are just really really sick. Looking at the HHS hospital utilization site most hospitals around here are like that. At capacity in late Sept/early Oct. It's never like that around here. Gets that way in Jan/Feb when flu season is peaking but not this time of year. Woman in a local FB group went with afib, did a conversion while she sat in a wheelchair in the tent outside. Things are nutty right now.

Keep in mind by law they're only allowed to fill whatever beds they have staffing for.
https://public-data-hub-dhhs.hub.arcgis.com/pages/Hospital%20Utilization
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Meanwhile the local hospital has people lying on cots in a tent in the parking lot, people in beds in the ER hallway for days at a time. Buddies wife is an ICU nurse there and hasn't seen anything like this since she did volunteer work in 3rd world countries. Said it's not any single thing bringing them in, people are just really really sick. Looking at the HHS hospital utilization site most hospitals around here are like that. At capacity in late Sept/early Oct. It's never like that around here. Gets that way in Jan/Feb when flu season is peaking but not this time of year. Woman in a local FB group went with afib, did a conversion while she sat in a wheelchair in the tent outside. Things are nutty right now.

Keep in mind by law they're only allowed to fill whatever beds they have staffing for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

these things happen when you fire a chunk of your staff for not getting a vaccines that doesn't work.

That didn't happen where I am, and where I am the hospitals are no where near maxed out. It is normal normal.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

these things happen when you fire a chunk of your staff for not getting a vaccines that doesn't work.

That didn't happen where I am, and where I am the hospitals are no where near maxed out. It is normal normal.
View Quote

I assumed that was the case, this hospital fired a handful of staff, buddies wife got an exemption with no problem.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A pharmacist advised me to space different vaccines out by at least two weeks rather than getting any two or more at the same time.  Some combinations can be dangerous.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

10,000 variations of the flu and the CDC does a statistical analysis to figure out which three will be the most prevalent strain.  It's a crap shoot  as to whether they're right or wrong.  You still trust the CDC after wuflu?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I can't say I trust the CDC, though with the flu and it's jab I guess there is less incentive to lie/distort truth/lie by omission, etc.

IIRC, a person who gets the flu jab and catches a flu strain that is different what they thought was prevalent, the illness will be less severe.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe they are lying about that 10% figure. I think last year or the year before it was 40% according to the insurance industry or an insurance company.

Fellas, this is scary stuff.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope staff fired due to that was able to find other work quickly.

If your hospitals have space available, my guess is you live in a warm part of the country.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I know a couple of internists who were initially promoting the vaccines and received the primary series themselves.  They won’t take a booster due to what they’ve seen in their patient population.

That tells your everything you need to know.

Personally, if worried about it, Id wait until Novavax rolled out their omicron specific vax and was approved for use as a booster.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top