Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2020 7:15:35 PM EDT
Protesters are currently gathering and marching in downtown Louisville. They have already blocked traffic in multiple locations. They are protesting the killing of Breonna Taylor by Louisville police in March.

Kentucky State Police will be assisting Louisville Metro Police tonight.

https://www.wdrb.com/wdrb-livestream/
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
But will they burn a Auto Zone?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But will they burn a Auto Zone?
View Quote

They're currently marching in the general direction (west) of the only AutoZone downtown.

It looks like all of the police are in front of government buildings, the Yum! Center(arena), and 4th Street Live(entertainment district). There was a huge line of police in front of the Yum Center. The media, seemingly trying to direct the protest, quickly ran over to the line of police, but the protesters continued walking west down Main street.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Did Autozone support the police or are people tired of replacing their bad alternator with a shiny new one from Autozone that doesn’t work?

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty chilled right now.

Let’s wait until the sun goes down and see what pops.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m just glad the state police are here. They are still allowed to police.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Stay away from angels envy distillery you fucks!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
"Protesters" currently spray-painting and throwing objects at The Hall of Justice. They've taken the, Louisville, Kentucky, and US flags down and burned them.

No police in sight on the feed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
They’re fixin’ to git their free stuff once the sun sets
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#9]
If aliens were spying on us they would be pretty perplexed as to what Atrocities Autozone
And Target committed
This is why they don’t visits
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They’re fixin’ to git their free stuff once the sun sets
View Quote

There's not a whole lot of retail stores downtown. Commercial/business buildings, bars, medical facilities... Gas stations are about the only places ripe for looting.

Right now, it's just a bunch of AntiFags taking pics of their "Fuck 12" graffiti.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did Autozone support the police or are people tired of replacing their bad alternator with a shiny new one from Autozone that doesn't work?

View Quote

No, that would be O'Reilly's.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're squaring-off with them now. All KSP; no LMPD on the feed.

ETA: KSP putting on gas masks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Do what you will...   But don't harm the Bourbon!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Call in the Cavalry and start shooting. Screw it, they are done.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm just surprised that they're not busy writing tickets on little old ladies at church.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Obviously the officer that killed that guy was in the wrong, but I see another Dallas type terrorist attack coming soon against random officers somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#17]
There was looting and property damage last night. The mayor has issued a "dusk-to-dawn" curfew and requested the National Guard, which the governor has activated to be deployed to Louisville in anticipation of more riots tonight.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#18]
My guard friends reported to their armories in Eastern KY this morning and will be in place tonight in Louisville.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Curfew in effect tonight. National Guard on the way. Many jurisdictions here helping out including state police and several from other small departments.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Crowds gathering for third night. In addition to downtown, they are gathering in the Highlands; the eccentric/lib area of town. Curfew goes into affect at 9pm. Tear gas already deployed earlier. National Guard present downtown.
https://www.wdrb.com/watch-live-wdrb-team-coverage-third-night-of-protests-demanding-justice-for-breonna-taylor/html_bbf5793e-a2d0-11ea-9e8f-fb1fc016dd88.html
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Apparently shit is happening in Washington DC. I’m like 16 miles out, drunk, and armed to the teeth. Bring it mother bitches!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top