Posted: 7/29/2019 11:39:25 PM EDT
Trailers have dropped.

Just reposting in the new forum.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I need popcorn!
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Noticed that too, but they don't have a date of release in them-well at least the one I watched.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Trailers have dropped.

Just reposting in the new forum.
View Quote

Link?  Just kidding. I know how to use DuckDuckGo.

A link would still be nice.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Noticed that too, but they don't have a date of release in them-well at least the one I watched.
View Quote
The last one I saw did. 12/13/19, if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I enjoyed the first season but lost interest in the second season.  The books are better...
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I am looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The Expanse Show Season 4 Premiere | Prime Video
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
hurry up and drop already!
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Best news I've heard all day !!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Starts today. I'll be starting my binge tonight.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Starts today. I'll be starting my binge tonight.
View Quote
I think we will too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Not too spoilerish:

Finished up season 4 this morning. I enjoyed it. Amazon spent big money on this and it shows. It follows the book fairly close except they added following Bobby around on Mars and more backstory for events to come in the next season. Some of this came from some of the novellas written around the main books. Same with Dummer and Ashford, they weren’t in book 4 at all. Drummer and Ashford’s character was kind of an amalgamation of characters that the series made up which really gutted season 3. I don’t recall the book having anything about Crisjen’s re-election campaign either. They ditched the Havelock story line when was a good choice in my opinion. He was Detective Miller’s rookie partner on Ceres. I groaned anytime one of his chapters came up like the lesbian ministers. Goodie-goodie chapters are boring. No Elvie falling in wuv with Holden which was an improvement. Lots of Amos being Amos that everyone will enjoy. Alex had some decent character development for a change. Holden is always Holden. Same with Naomi with a brief setup for what is to come next season. They tried developing Bobby some, but it comes across as flat. The guy they got to play Murtry Did an excellent job. You hate is fucking guts just from his smug gaping dickhole looking face. Many good conversations between him and Amos.

Events on the planet were nearly an identical match for the books sequence. It’s like the director read the book and envisioned what was being described and they made the scenes match. I had a hard time visualizing the end in the book so much that I read those chapters a few times. The series showed it well but the end felt a bit rushed. Being on Amazon, they really let the cussing sync up with the books which makes Crisjen’s character so much better.

Firearm handling improved a lot these season. It’s no Way or the Gun, but for a sci-fi it’s about as good as you’re going to get.

A lot is left unanswered which I assume is part of the series arc that hasn’t been hashed out yet by the authors. Supposedly the last book is due out in 2020. Amazon just started filming season 5 this month. I chatted with Shohreh Aghdashloo, who plays Crisjen Avasarala a little bit about the move to Amazon and her take on it. Overall it seems like it is a huge improvement for the fans and source material. So much was lost that occurred on the Behemoth. General consensus was that season 3 was an absolute clusterfuck where they jammed two books into one short season. Season 4 seems to be trying to correct this and ending diverging storylines by tying them off.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I chatted with Shohreh Aghdashloo, who plays Crisjen Avasarala a little bit about the move to Amazon and her take on it.
View Quote
There is a very small list of actors that I would like to just sit down and have a conversation with. She is on that list.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Started, not finished.  Great so far!
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Finished Season 4 last week and I've gone back and started watching Season 1 again last night.

It's really amazing all of the subtle references and foreshadowing that I missed on the first go around.  There's stuff you see in Season 4 which is referenced in Season 1 in a way that you'd just never catch unless you swing back around to Season 1 for a re-watch.  It's also more enjoyable now that I'm not trying to understand the basics of the fictional universe and the characters.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 3:14:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Made it into season 4, episode 8 or so.... the surface refugees have recovered from  green blindness, due to the Doctor lady's  most AMAZING medical kit,  and the show has devolved into an un-watchable fester of good intentions... I am done with series, don't believe I have any more vomit available to project  for  future episodes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Made it into season 4, episode 8 or so.... the surface refugees have recovered from  green blindness, due to the Doctor lady's  most AMAZING medical kit,  and the show has devolved into an un-watchable fester of good intentions... I am done with series, don't believe I have any more vomit available to project  for  future episodes.
View Quote
A TV show made you vomit?

Toughen up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered all the books (and preordered #8) when I finished season 4.  I'm done with book two.  I'm bringing book three with me to work and hope to get through most of it tonight.
Trying to time it so I finish book 7 when book 8 arrives.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 4:46:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm anxiously awaiting the last audiobook.

Also anxiously awaiting season 5 of the show.

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Just finished my second watch through of Season 4 last night.  Such an amazing show, casting is perfect.  Having also just finished the Tiamat's Wrath audiobook I'm jonesin' for some new Expanse.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#21]
The other day I turned on NASA TV, and the short educational segment that was on starred Cas Anvar and Cara Gee.  The cockpit set looked like it was borrowed  from the Expanse, however the subject of the segment was about selecting planets that could support life.

They weren't playing their Expanse characters.  They were two generic astronauts, and one had to explain to the other what constitutes the conditions that would support life on a planet (as if they're not taught that in space camp.)

At first I recognized them and the set look familiar, but the rest was writing targeted to grade school kids.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The other day I turned on NASA TV, and the short educational segment that was on starred Cas Anvar and Cara Gee.  The cockpit set looked like it was borrowed  from the Expanse, however the subject of the segment was about selecting planets that could support life.

They weren't playing their Expanse characters.  They were two generic astronauts, and one had to explain to the other what constitutes the conditions that would support life on a planet (as if they're not taught that in space camp.)

At first I recognized them and the set look familiar, but the rest was writing targeted to grade school kids.
View Quote

Cara Gee can teach me anything she wants, as long as she does it in Belter Creole.  Such a hottie.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Season 5 inbound. Trailer just dropped.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:10:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Just watched the trailer today. It looks like it's going to be amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top