Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2021 7:34:19 AM EDT
So. Long story short. I have a savage action that is not up to my expectations for the tac driver I was going to build with it. The original stock was texture coasted and when I sanded it down was hiding a lot of flaws.  So, the butt end of the stock is beyond repair to bring it to a good result. My idea was to make a pass through window filled with acrylic and throwing some rounds to free float in it. The wood on this is absolutely gorgeous and it’s a shame I can’t just sand and hand rub it but it is what it is. I know I could get a stock for cheap and bed my hardware in it and call it a day. But like I stated, it’s beautiful and my idea will actually look kinda cool when finished. My question is anyone have any experience pouring resin on something with negative space? How would I pour it? Do I make a mold or the intact side and make a reverse? I’ve searched forums in acrylic and can’t quite get resolve of my question. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't get the link to work.

I'm not sure what you need done. I have poured resins to build car stuff, and hand built wood die models.

I'm north of GR
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Check youtube I see guys doing stuff like that with resin all the time, not with gun parts though, but it's the same thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top