Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2021 7:04:35 PM EDT
My son has a possible chance of getting this bike from where he works. . . He thinks it's a Scott Spark 35, but the odd thing is what appears to be Korean markings on the top tube. . .

Special Edition?  Or marketed for S. Korea?

sorry for the not so good pics. . .

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't buy that old junk. How are you going to service the suspension?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you serious?  I don't know anything about mountain bikes.  I'm a roadie, but I haven't kept up with all the developments. . . on either.   I ride a Kona hybrid now. .

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Totally serious. I know bikes are getting scarce but an old full sus like that is a quagmire. If you're going to get an old one, best to get an old hardtail. Then there's no linkages or rear shocks to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Totally serious. I know bikes are getting scarce but an old full sus like that is a quagmire. If you're going to get an old one, best to get an old hardtail. Then there's no linkages or rear shocks to worry about.
View Quote

Agree.  It's getting hard to find supplies for the 2015 Giant I just relegated to backup duty.

eta: here's an example...I can't find a derrailleur hanger for it anywhere (for the 142 I converted it to, but I still have the QR wheels and skewer and hanger, just in case).  That's kind of important.  For a spare I figured out, after studying pictures and then coughing up cash to be sure, that I could use another model but have to over-drill a retention screw hole in my frame. PITA.

- another example. I think I got the last set of suspension pivot bolts for that frame a couple years ago.  I kept the old ones when I replaced, just in case.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I ride a new spark, don’t think I would mess with that old one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top