Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/3/2018 1:32:11 AM EDT
And found her a home after an unsuccessful Facebook, Craigslist and Nextdoor campaign.  Even drove around the neighborhood a few times looking for posted notes.

This sweet little lady was eating a PB&J in the middle of an intersection, and came right to me when I called her.  She was shaking, cold, and dirty as all get out.

Attachment Attached File

Poor thing was covered in fleas, so I gave her meds + a ridiculously labor intensive bath. I kept her separated from my dogs at first, but I got her to the vet for some shots on day 2 and let her join the pack. I was shocked at how well she behaved, I didn't think the boss (my GSD) would allow her around, but he has a petite fetish I guess...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

She made herself right at home

Attachment Attached File

Well, great and sad news, Charlie is going to her new home tomorrow. She's going to be loved.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:39:19 AM EDT
[#1]
You are awesome OP for doing that.  She looks like such a sweet girl!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
That escalated quickly.

Good job!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Good for you OP.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Good on you OP.  There's nothing like rescuing a pup.  I was able to grab one in a parking lot.  I brought her home and gave her a batch.  The only thing to recommend Facebook is that you can match lost pups with their owner pretty quickly.  From picking her up, until her owner came to get her, I must have been all about three hours.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:44:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Good save.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:46:51 AM EDT
[#6]
A happy outcome for a good dog.  She was lucky you found her OP.  Well done.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:48:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good on you OP.  There's nothing like rescuing a pup.  I was able to grab one in a parking lot.  I brought her home and gave her a batch.  The only thing to recommend Facebook is that you can match lost pups with their owner pretty quickly.  From picking her up, until her owner came to get her, I must have been all about three hours.
View Quote
My buddy found a handsome, sweet beast of a mastiff in the street the other day, too, while eating lunch. He had the pizza joint owner post on the neighborhood Facebook and a little old lady came and got him in 30 minutes, while my buddy was still eating lunch.

I told him he's lucky his good deeds are convenient for his schedule lol.

Gotta love the internet.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:51:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Excellent work OP!

What a good looking pup!

Nice
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Good on you, OP!!!  Great save!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:52:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good save.  
View Quote
Cute save too. (Yeah, I said cute).

Have 7lbs of jet black terror sleeping in my lap as I type this. Never liked little dogs until I wound up with two. Now I love my minidogs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Have 7lbs of jet black terror sleeping in my lap as I type this. Never liked little dogs until I wound up with two. Now I love my minidogs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good save.  

Good job OP

I was the same way Atomic_Ferret until the wife brought this thing home, now he is my lil buddy..... 6 Lbs of terrifying terrier........Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:00:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You are awesome OP for doing that.  She looks like such a sweet girl!
View Quote
Thanks man, I'm just a sucker for pups. I had my dog get hit and killed in front of me leaving the vet when I was a kid and I think that gave me a serious soft spot for dogs near traffic.

I can't help myself lol.  She absolutely is the sweetest, most even tempered little dog I've ever met.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:00:41 AM EDT
[#13]
That's how I ended up with this mongrel.

Attachment Attached File

He was in the middle of a busy four way intersection pawing at an empty McDonalds bag. Nothing but skin and bone when I picked him up. Unfortunately I had to have him put down last year due to cancer. Boston Terrier mutt I guess he was.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:02:49 AM EDT
[#14]
If there is such a thing as heaven, you may have just secured a spot there.
Damned fine work, OP.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:04:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Love these types of threads.

Thank you for saving the dag

Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:04:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I won't live in a world where a grown man can't call a puppy cute!

I wanted a little dog recently, but my wife adopted a moose of a hound mutt. 2 dogs is my limit until I get some property, which can't happen soon enough. If I stay in the city, my next dog will be a little guy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:05:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good job OP

I was the same way Atomic_Ferret until the wife brought this thing home, now he is my lil buddy..... 6 Lbs of terrifying terrier........https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/245609/18278214_324439684642258_4235513741281084256_o_-_Edited-439800.JPG
View Quote
He's awesome!!!!

What's his name?

I have a buddy with a Scotty mutt bamed Duncan and he's just the coolest little dude.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:06:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's how I ended up with this mongrel.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427882/IMG_3670-439801.JPG

He was in the middle of a busy four way intersection pawing at an empty McDonalds bag. Nothing but skin and bone when I picked him up. Unfortunately I had to have him put down last year due to cancer. Boston Terrier mutt I guess he was.
View Quote

What was his name ? I feel like Boston's always have to have a regal/royal name lol.

Hope you had some good time with him.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If there is such a thing as heaven, you may have just secured a spot there.
Damned fine work, OP.
View Quote
Thanks bud, I'm a blessed man, the least I can do is help those that can't help themselves.

Everything will work itself out in the end if I just stay the course
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Great work! I don’t know how cold it gets there but it is cold enough to kill small animals here tonight, and that’s a terrible way to die. I hope everyone here would be as compassionate if they came across a lost dog, or if not, that they’d call someone who would, or at least take the dog to the Humane Society.

And don’t forget rescue organizations. If you find a dog and don’t want it to be locked in a tiny cage, find a local rescue website and call them. There are lots of organizations doing great work too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:15:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Take the dog to the pound.  That's the first place owners look first.
When they're close to doggie death row, then buy the dog back.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:15:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What was his name ? I feel like Boston's always have to have a regal/royal name lol.

Hope you had some good time with him.
View Quote
I named him Woody because he tried to fuck everything. Even getting him fixed proved little relief to the cat, stuffed animals, shoes, etc. Not regal but fitting lol. Nasty, horny little thing he was. Wherever he came from he was obviously abused. He'd run and hide whenever I picked up a broom to sweep.

Perfect gentleman in the house aside from the rape. We had about three years before I noticed the tumor. Vet confirmed it for cancer and a month later he started having seizures and other issues that required his euthanasia. He's buried right off the back porch and I drink beers with him all the time when the weather is decent enough to sit out there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Might want to put a barrel on that gun, OP.

Great job!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:19:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:22:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Guy was moving to Texas, said “If you don’t take him... I’ll just shoot him”. He was tied up next door to my buddies house for 9 months... Needeless to say, he’s my best friend in the world now!

Great job OP!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:27:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He's awesome!!!!

What's his name?

I have a buddy with a Scotty mutt bamed Duncan and he's just the coolest little dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good job OP

I was the same way Atomic_Ferret until the wife brought this thing home, now he is my lil buddy..... 6 Lbs of terrifying terrier........https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/245609/18278214_324439684642258_4235513741281084256_o_-_Edited-439800.JPG
He's awesome!!!!

What's his name?

That is Brutus, Our oldest westy Conner passed and about 6 months later the wife started going for rides on her bike all over the state to different shelters.  She didnt even see him till he reached out of his cage and grabbed her leg with a paw.  He chose her, so she rode home, and grabbed the other two dogs so they could meet.  Our other male Murphy sniffed him and then they started playing chase the puppy, so home he came.  I give her shit because she said she wanted a dog, and brought home a cat....  But he is a great lil dog. Here is a pic with our daughters westy about 2 months ago, the pup is now 2 of Brutus, but they are buddies  so there is wrestling and humping and carrying on every weekend when he comes to visit....We call them our gay interracial couple.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:31:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Take the dog to the pound.  That's the first place owners look first.
When they're close to doggie death row, then buy the dog back.
View Quote
OP did better than this. Took the bull by the horns and rescued this pup from death.

How many people drove by and did nothing. I bet quite a few.

OP is a hero.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:34:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That is Brutus, Our oldest westy Conner passed and about 6 months later the wife started going for rides on her bike all over the state to different shelters.  She didnt even see him till he reached out of his cage and grabbed her leg with a paw.  He chose her, so she rode home, and grabbed the other two dogs so they could meet.  Our other male Murphy sniffed him and then they started playing chase the puppy, so home he came.  I give her shit because she said she wanted a dog, and brought home a cat....  But he is a great lil dog. Here is a pic with our daughters westy about 2 months ago, the pup is now 2 of Brutus, but they are buddies  so there is wrestling and humping and carrying on every weekend when he comes to visit....We call them our gay interracial couple.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/245609/IMG_9826_-_Edited-439815.JPG
View Quote
Bike as in bicycle? That's awesome!

Lol at wrestling humping interracial gay couple...
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:38:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll be honest, if I already didn't have 2 dags, 2 cats, and a 5 year old, I'd prolly do the same sort of work.  I hate it when people chuck animals out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:54:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Good on you, OP!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:58:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Bike as in bicycle? That's awesome!

Lol at wrestling humping interracial gay couple...
View Quote
LOL, no, HD 1200 sporty.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:14:49 AM EDT
[#32]
You a good man op.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Nice job OP.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:33:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Outstanding work OP
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Good on you, OP. That doggy is going to be somebody's buddy for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#37]
I'll bet your boss was disappointed.  He was probably thinking "Alright, new lady in the neighborhood."
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#38]
dogthread!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Carson says “Great job, OP! “

Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Good job OP. On behalf of dag lovers around here -  thanks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Great looking dog.  My parents got a great Feaux-desian Ridgeback off the street.  Flea-bitten scrawny pup now a big dog thats healthy and good natured.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for doing that. You're a good dude.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Good for you OP.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Mission Accomplished
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#45]
You guys are all making me want another small dog with all these kick-ass little pups!

Where are the big dog pics? Lol
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Great looking dog.  My parents got a great Feaux-desian Ridgeback off the street.  Flea-bitten scrawny pup now a big dog thats healthy and good natured.
View Quote
That's great, love those stories.

Man, I'm telling you, if a dog can make it on the street, they're not dumb.  If someone just gives them some love, stray mutts will be the best damn dogs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You guys are all making me want another small dog with all these kick-ass little pups!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This guy is the best watchdog ever!

Untitled by Adam C, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#48]

Last time I found a dog I swear the owner's wife let it get out deliberately.  She looked PISSED off when I finally tracked them down.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Good on you OP....in this fucked up, shitty world, there is some good that can be done.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#50]
OP saved a dog...yet has a keymod rail...

I think we'll call this one a draw.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top