Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 2/1/2023 8:48:06 PM EDT
Would like something that looks like/ legally doubles as a leather money clip so it’s surreptitious, but open to other suggestions.

Example of form factor: Hot link
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Foster Impact Devices or go home

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Insert "But why" meme.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Buddy I gave one to used it public transit against an offensive drunk.  Dropped him like a sack o' potatoes too.    Nobody said anything and everyone turned away when that happened and when he hauled the drunk off and dumped him.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Insert "But why" meme.
View Quote

"you cain't hunt with it"
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Insert "But why" meme.
View Quote
OP's 1970s time machine got stuck in 2023, and he's not sure how to run his pimping operations without one?

Perhaps we should suggest he look into running some OnlyFans sites instead?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#6]
mean gene coin purse.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#7]
180 grains at 1250 fps saps most anything.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Would like something that looks like/ legally doubles as a leather money clip so it’s surreptitious, but open to other suggestions.

Example of form factor: Hot link
View Quote

They removed many of the restrictions on saps from Texas law in 2019, so you can just order a sap.  IIRC, you can't carry them into places described in section 46.03 of the Penal Code; but you're otherwise good to go.

As far as options go, you can get a cheap 2-ply Buchmeier or S&W copy for $20-30.  There are several people custom-building leather saps to a very high standard; but those start at around $120.  On the other hand, you can get a 1lb midget sap and all kinds of custom options, 10ga steel plates, etc.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone had a “coin purse” thread here a short time ago. There were some pretty nice folding ones posted in that thread.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I carried a blackjack for years while I was a bouncer. It was tiny but made drunks think you were superman when you used it. My favorite was thigh shots and the back of the hand.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
In the old days...and in the hands of a schooled handler, a sap was a sight to behold

It's an ambush weapon for sure, the flat on chins and cheeks, the edge on shins, collarbones and elbows. It was the ultimate railroad bull or jailer's "get off me" piece

Standard close quarters attack was to come up from an underhanded strike to the groin. With one up then down motion; Hit him in the balls, enough to stick out his chin, come straight up through the chest uppercutting the chin with teh flat of the sap, pushing their head straight back and setting them up for the knockout. Then smash straight down the face (now facing straight upward from the chin blow) with first your open hand palm (1) and then your sap hand (2). It would knock them out cold and you could cuff them and stuff them or work on their collarbone, shins, knee and elbows until they woke up again..,It was over so fast it looked like some drunk would be playing buck-buck (chest bumping drunk telling bouncer to fuck off and trying to intimidate others with his size) then in one motion the jedi draws from the scabbard and the same motion the big drunk drops like a sack of flour

Nowadays, it is a historic weapon only. There is no legal means of qualifying with a sap or slap as far as I know
(still bitterly clinging to my collapsible baton certification)
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Foster Impact Devices or go home
View Quote

Better value here

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Thunk
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Insert "But why" meme.

I hope somebody here proves that statement wrong, for our entertainment
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.swordsknivesanddaggers.com/self-defense/slapjacks/

Found this a few weeks back; I’m looking for an alternative to my ASP
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Someone had a "coin purse" thread here a short time ago. There were some pretty nice folding ones posted in that thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I carried a blackjack for years while I was a bouncer. It was tiny but made drunks think you were superman when you used it. My favorite was thigh shots and the back of the hand.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#19]
don't plan on mentioning it in your reports
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@pale_pony

what's the one on the left called?
View Quote

I don't know...you can find them on Facebook
they're not cheap
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
don't plan on mentioning it in your reports
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I have my great grandfathers sap.  He was a sheriff in Nebraska and died in 1950.  I wonder how many people he used it on.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Boston Leather made the ones that were still laying around our jail before the last of them got snarfed up

I've still got my old 4-ply "Denver" and a smaller 2-ply "Junior" that slipped into a front pants pocket discreetly
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:24:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have my great grandfathers sap.  He was a sheriff in Nebraska and died in 1950.  I wonder how many people he used it on.
View Quote

I would very much like to see any pics you might share, that sounds great

PS: I have an old pair of Peerless handcuffs that were made sold in 1928 (serial numbers were not recorded until sale invoice) that were completely gummed up/jammed up bad. I soaked them out in machine oil and found the cuffs were full of decades old dried blood. Soaked them out, cleaned them up, work good as new
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Illegal in 40+ states ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Illegal in 40+ states ?
View Quote

since the advent of Tasers? you betcha, probably illegal everywhere

In Oklahoma, they are named specifically in the statute IIRC
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

PS: I have an old pair of Peerless handcuffs that were made sold in 1928 (serial numbers were not recorded until sale invoice) that were completely gummed up/jammed up bad. I soaked them out in machine oil and found the cuffs were full of decades old dried blood. Soaked them out, cleaned them up, work good as new
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wild!  Here it is along with my great, great grandfathers railroad watch.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Good hippie stopper.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

what's the one on the left called?
View Quote

@JLPettimoreIII

It’s a wrapped blackjack.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wild!  Here it is along with my great, great grandfathers railroad watch.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/3F0F4FBF-755B-4695-A8FC-3BE6AC9DE6A5_jpe-2694346.JPG
View Quote

AWESOME, TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

" I always liked to hear about the old-timers. Never missed a chance to do so... " - Sheriff Tom Bell, No Country for Old Men
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
mean gene coin purse.
View Quote

This is what I carry. It works.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I have laying on my desk that Colorado State Patrol
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wild!  Here it is along with my great, great grandfathers railroad watch.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154626/3F0F4FBF-755B-4695-A8FC-3BE6AC9DE6A5_jpe-2694346.JPG
View Quote

Great post.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I am not a salesman for FID and I'm not making anything for posting these photos
(unless they just wanted to give me something, for being so nice and all)
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Boston Leather
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#37]
My father in law was one of Denver’s first arson detectives and was a founding member of Denver’s bomb squad. His Nick name was “Thumper”. He got there because he was a brutal beat cop. He carried a Bucheimer Texan which I inherited. It was in sorry shape. Foster rebuilt it for me. It’s a treasure. If you want a sap or a blackjack then there are only two places worth going to. Foster Impact Devices in the US and Davidson Leather in the UK. All others are shit. I carry a Davidson Ulster every day. One smack with that and it’s coloring books for Christmas.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#38]
well yells going to cost me money.
but d3 will be happy .
I've been a fan of flat saps for years but I never seen a wrap around one.
want
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#39]
My Bucheimer Junior from when I got started in law enforcement.  It took the fight out of folks.  In those days there was no tasers or pepper spray.  Most stuff was hands-on.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#40]
They are legal to carry in maryland when you have a carry permit.

We can carry nunchuka and brass knuckles as well with a carry permit ( along with many other items )
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Do you hit the jaw or side of the head ?

Wondering what's most effective.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Saps and blackjacks will break a jaw like nothing. A skull shot will kill or retardify someone.

Legs, hands, arms and shoulders ate the best targets if you don't want to kill someone.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Up under the jaw with the flat then down with the edge on the collar bone.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Up under the jaw with the flat then down with the edge on the collar bone.
View Quote

Unless you are cleared to shoot a motherfucker, hitting someone like that is a super bad idea.  Deadly force is deadly force.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just to be crystal clear, smacking someone upside the head with 6-9oz of cast lead on a spring steel shank is considered lethal force just about everywhere.  So, if you can legally smack them in the head with a sap, you can probably legally shoot them.

Saps will do some damage.  Even used against big muscle groups like the thighs or chest, you can leave some serious rug burn and bruising.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
mean gene coin purse.
View Quote

This is what I was thinking.  

Mean Gene Leather Someone needs to help me out.  Didn't this guy used to be a member here?  Work for HSGI or something?  When I first read the OP's thread this is the guy I was thinking of.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Saps and blackjacks will break a jaw like nothing. A skull shot will kill or retardify someone.

Legs, hands, arms and shoulders ate the best targets if you don't want to kill someone.
View Quote

Exactly.  Impact weapons (outside of deadly force) are supposed to be to big meaty pain compliance body parts. Smacking faces, heads, necks, genitals, will get you in a world of legal hurt unless you are already good to shoot the person.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Mean Gene Leather Someone needs to help me out.  Didn't this guy used to be a member here?  Work for HSGI or something?  When I first read the OP's thread this is the guy I was thinking of.
View Quote

I don’t know if he is a member here, but I’ve spoken to him about his products, and seems like a good guy. I have some of his stuff and jokingly smacked a friend of mine in his thigh with his coin purse, and it was extremely obvious how effective his products are. I’ll leave it at that. He is still mad didnt even do it that hard.

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Insert "But why" meme.

Umm.. Assholes !
You can hunt assholes.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think he was HSGI.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top