Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/17/2018 10:16:43 AM EDT
Thursday on MSNBC’s “Deadline,” campaign strategist for former President George W. Bush and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) Steve Schmidt said, “40 percent of the country has surrendered their intellectual sovereignty to Donald Trump.”

Schmidt said, “He’s pursuing the only strategy he can pursue, which is try to incite his base. As he incites that base, that base gets smaller, and the majority grows in opposition to Trump, but the smaller base is a harder more intense one. If you go back to inauguration day, Trump has less support today than he did then. His base is smaller. The Republican party is smaller. But it is more faithful and more intense in its loyalty to Trump. Forty percent of the country has surrendered their intellectual sovereignty to Donald Trump.”

He added, “There is for them no such thing as objective truth anymore. What is true is what the leader says is true, what the leader believes is true. Trump has exercised that power and 40 percent of the country has submitted themselves to it. It’s extraordinary and frightening to see, but thank goodness not a majority of the country. In fact, it’s not even close to being a majority of the country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/08/16/schmidt-40-precent-of-americans-have-surrendered-their-intellectual-sovereignty-to-trump/
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
“There is for them no such thing as objective truth anymore"

I suspect by 'objective truth' you mean things like Hillary Clinton was an appropriate choice for POTUS.

Sorry your girl lost.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
He's clearly talking about democrats, not Trump.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't tell if he's projecting or intentionally insulting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't these idiots realize that are just helping the Donald?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh he mad.  The numbers aren't really meshing with what he's saying, much like most of the current dem/rino speak.

Campaign strategist for McCain huh?  LOL, just go away dude.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep projection at it’s finest, they’re assuming he’s doing what they’re doing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Globalist. Not surprised.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, all the people who voted for Trump are stupid, racist, sexist bumpkins.  Got it.
Feel free to keep insulting voters.  It worked well for you in 2016.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't these idiots realize that are just helping the Donald?
View Quote
Nope, you see they surrendered their intellectual sovereignty to marx.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He added, “There is for them no such thing as objective truth anymore."
View Quote
Erm, lefties have been telling us for a long time that there was no such thing as objective truth.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#12]

fuck you, pathetic sack of shit

these types ego can't handle how wrong they've been about everything
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#13]
His base is getting smaller? Sure, whatever you have to tell yourself, pal.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Every major media outlet is repeating the same shit, verbatim, but I'M supposed to worry about my intellectual sovereignty?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#15]
We know how he voted.

So, if 40% surrendered their intellectual sovereignty to Trump, does that mean 60% surrendered theirs to Hitlery & the DNC?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Change 'Trump' with 'FBHO'...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I was going to say the only ones surrendering are the libtard pawns; but that would mean they had to have intellect.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#19]
The left has always maintained that they are intellectually superior to the masses.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yep, all the people who voted for Trump are stupid, racist, sexist bumpkins.  Got it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well how else are they supposed to rile up their supporters against the basket of deplorables?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#22]
There is for them no such thing as objective truth anymore. What is true is what the leader says is true, what the leader believes is true.
View Quote
This part is absolutely correct and disturbing. Though I have no idea what the percentage is, there is a scary amount of people that viciously defend any dumbass thing the Great Cheeto declares without the slightest thought. Witness all the folks on this site defending gun control just because Trumplethinskin farted out his mouth.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Also, the trumpsuckers will call everyone they disagree with or who hurts their feelings a "libtard" and/or "snowflake" completely oblivious to the fact that this person is arguing a more conservative position and that the trumpsucker is always the one getting triggered.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#24]
It would be astounding (and pleasantly so) if 40% of the people had "intellectual sovereignty" to give up.
Sadly, the combination of indoctrination in government schools and the constant barrage of propaganda has resulted in a population which is largely unable to think for themselves.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I suspect by 'objective truth' you mean things like Hillary Clinton was an appropriate choice for POTUS.

Sorry your girl lost.
View Quote
Lol. Predictable and an excellent example of the problem.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I can't tell if he's projecting or intentionally insulting.
View Quote
They vomit projection as easy as breathing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Democrats had the same problem with Obama. Trumpsuckers are indistinguishable from obamabots, except by team color.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#28]
He'd prefer I "surrender" to his candidate, I suppose.

Ha! Stop thinking everyone that disagrees with you is stupid or crazy. If people rejected you it's possible they did it for a clear reason; try to find out what that is rather than trying to psychoanalyze everyone.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yep projection at it’s finest, they’re assuming he’s doing what they’re doing.
View Quote
He's a Republican strategist. Please try to keep up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

fuck you, pathetic sack of shit

these types ego can't handle how wrong they've been about everything
View Quote
Lol. So triggered.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#31]
He's dropping out anyday now
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Donald Trump has surrendered intellectual sovereignty to 40 percent of America.  
AND I'M NOT TIRED OF WINNING YET.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, that's how I read it too. He's projecting. "Sad"

EDIT:

What he and his fellow travelers don't get is that some of us support President Trump if nothing more than to troll them for being a bunch of arrogant elitists.

At least President Trump has done what he said he would do.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It would be astounding (and pleasantly so) if 40% of the people had "intellectual sovereignty" to give up.
Sadly, the combination of indoctrination in government schools and the constant barrage of propaganda has resulted in a population which is largely unable to think for themselves.
View Quote
Quoted for truthiness.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He'd prefer I "surrender" to his candidate, I suppose.

Ha! Stop thinking everyone that disagrees with you is stupid or crazy. If people rejected you it's possible they did it for a clear reason; try to find out what that is rather than trying to psychoanalyze everyone.
View Quote
Reference everyone in this thread declaring that liberals are stupid and/or crazy and/or evil. The tribalism and confirmation bias is thick.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Trump is President BECAUSE of our intellectual sovereignty.

But thanks for reminding us about your collaboration with the enemies of the Republic, Steve.

TC
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#37]
But voting for a Presidential candidate simply because he's black isn't surrendering your intellectual sovereignty
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's a Republican strategist.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#39]
More people every single day are getting on the Trump train.

Many don’t want to talk about it, because they don’t want some unhinged liberal losing their shitin their face, but I’ve been finding more and more that people are quietly getting red pilled.

Trump will sweep in 2020
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Communist brainwashing of our children thanks to public education, all media, (especially entertainment), from cradle to grave.

Seems to me he's upset because their brainwashing doesn't have the potency they hoped it'd have.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#41]
The Bush family was as much a threat to the Republic as the leftists.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Liberals are Totally Insane.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Lol. So triggered.
View Quote
Let me guess...  Non-rated Zoomie?

My GF’s ex is one of those. I kinda recognize the ‘features’.

TC
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Planting the seeds of doubt for upcoming elections
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Sorry your girl lost.
View Quote
The truth is the truth even if no one believes it...and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#46]
The swamp is fighting back, with the media's blessing and help.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He's a Republican strategist.
View Quote
You should probably apply some of that intellectual sovereignty the OP's link was talking about and REALLY think about that statement. Like really, really try to use that gray matter for something besides hunting-and-pecking out the keys to your thoughtless replies.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He's a Republican BOOSH! strategist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a Republican BOOSH! strategist.
It's not your party anymore.  Feel free to go cry about it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#49]
This thread is one giant exclamation point to OP's article.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Oh he mad.  The numbers aren't really meshing with what he's saying, much like most of the current dem/rino speak.

Campaign strategist for McCain huh?  LOL, just go away dude.
View Quote
He was the de facto manager for the campaign. Good choice, as he has a history of winning:

In 1995, Schmidt managed the unsuccessful campaign for Kentucky Attorney General of Will T. Scott,
In 1998, Schmidt ran California State Senator Tim Leslie's unsuccessful race for Lt. Governor of California.
Communications Director for California State Treasurer Matt Fong's unsuccessful campaign
In 1999, he was the Communications Director for Lamar Alexander's unsuccessful  presidential run,

oops!

Steve Schmidt has a long history of campaign espionage. McCain wanted to win the republican nomination as revenge for losing to Bush2 in 2000, and had no interest in actually winning the presidency, and a saboteur like Schmidt was perfect cover.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top