Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2018 9:28:45 PM EDT
First off, hello. I think this is my first post here.
I've wanted to make country sand plum wine for a while. Have made beer in the past, still have a 7 gallon plastic crock. May not be suitable for wine? Sadly I sold my glass carboy years ago. Have found the conical crocks online.

https://brew-wine.com/products/fast-ferment-conical-fermenter

Are these worth buying if my end goal is 5 gallons of plum wine? I tend to over buy then use stuff a few times and lose interest.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
the FastFerment is so much easier than using carboys. Haven't used it for wine, just beer, but should work the same.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you bolt yours to a wall with the supplied bracket? This alone sounds worth the money. I'm limited in my back and knee movement. Can you give a better description of dumping the bad sediment then saving the yeast for the next batch?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you bolt yours to a wall with the supplied bracket? This alone sounds worth the money. I'm limited in my back and knee movement. Can you give a better description of dumping the bad sediment then saving the yeast for the next batch?
View Quote
There are several videos of the FastFerment on youtube.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Scored a 6.5 and a 5 gallon carboys on fb. Guess I'm still old school. Guy I bought them from went conical.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
May start a batch of apple or watermelon wine tomorrow. Tips? Apple/watermelon?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Found a glass carboy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Only added about half a cup of sugar per gallon. Tempted to throw some honey in. Anyone figure out a way to get a hygrometer in a carboy?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#8]
You use a " wine thief" to take the fluid from the carboy to your hydrometer flask, or simply pour it in.  If you sanitize, you can pour it back.

Or your racking cane and hose.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only added about half a cup of sugar per gallon. Tempted to throw some honey in. Anyone figure out a way to get a hygrometer in a carboy?
View Quote
Humourusly, getting it in is easy.  Getting it out is difficult.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top