Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2020 4:17:05 AM EDT
Checked Google, pink = HDMI cables, green = blown speaker / magnetic interference.

I checked and swapped out the HDMI cables, no joy.
The speaker works just fine.

I reset the TV to factory specs still no joy.

Is this the excuse I have been looking for to buy a new TV?  
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 4:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes time for new TV. Unless you want to pay to have the Plasma replaced which is around the same cost of a new current LED TV's. Although will if a movie guy the new TV's just are not as good as the Plasma TV's with their true colors. Still great just not the same.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes time for new TV. Unless you want to pay to have the Plasma replaced which is around the same cost of a new current LED TV's. Although will if a movie guy the new TV's just are not as good as the Plasma TV's with their true colors. Still great just not the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plasma TV's have over-saturated colors.  LCD tv's are closer to reality, IMO.

ETA: If you get a good one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 4:39:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the plasma TV, it works great as a secondary heat source.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 4:57:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Plasma TV's have over-saturated colors.  LCD tv's are closer to reality, IMO.

ETA: If you get a good one.
View Quote
Maybe yet the blacks on Plasma is so much better than LCD. At least were till the newer LCD's we have now. I haven't compared them next to each other.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:08:16 AM EDT
[#5]
It's all a moot point, no one makes a Plasma TV anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top