Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2021 1:42:57 PM EDT
My phone will not connect to the server to update the firmware. It was originally a Verizon phone, and currently I have service through TKS in Germany. Up until about 4 months ago, it worked fine with the TKS setup, and the phone had automatically downloaded updates for install. From that point on, whenever I try to manually tell the phone to search for an update, it "thinks about it" for a few minutes, then pops up with the message that it cannot connect to the server to check for updates. This happens whether or not I am connected through mobile data or WIFI.  

I have reset the network settings, which did not make any difference. I have rebooted the phone with no difference. I tried to do an update through the Smart Switch desktop app, which began to download the latest update, but hung at 90% and caused the phone to go into a boot loop. I had to hold down the power and volume buttons, and then quickly hit the other button that allows booting into safe mode in order to do a factory reset. Fortunately, the factory reset worked to get the phone working, but I still cannot update the firmware...I still get the same "cannot connect" message. I am hesitant to try to update the phone through the desktop app again, as it took me a week of phone calls to get my access back to bank accounts, RobinHood, etc, etc through the apps on the phone, since the factory reset killed all of my account data and I had to re-set everything up.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd pose this question over at XDA Developers. They are the android gurus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top