Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2020 8:27:22 PM EDT
So it took me 2 years to use up 100 Astra Platinum blades, I went to reorder and it looks like Astra has been getting really bad reviews lately. I ordered this sampler pack to see what I would like. Any ideas what I should start with?

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just try them all.  Different blades shave differently based on the person, razor, technique, soap, cold vs hot shave,  etc.

Lord Platinums that are awesome is my Merkur 34c are terrible for me in vintage Gillettes!   Voskhods that are terrible in the 34c are really nice in a vintage TTO.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 2:13:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just try them all.  Different blades shave differently based on the person, razor, technique, soap, cold vs hot shave,  etc.

Lord Platinums that are awesome is my Merkur 34c are terrible for me in vintage Gillettes!   Voskhods that are terrible in the 34c are really nice in a vintage TTO.
View Quote
I butchered my face with Gillette 7 o’Clock blades in my old Gillette Slim Adjustable, but the same blade in my fairly-new Van der Hagen razor from Walgreens is a great shave.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top