Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2018 8:49:20 PM EDT
Just curious why there aren't more Saisons or farm house ales out there? I love them but can almost never find there either at the supermarket or local watering holes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it is just an unknown style to most people. I love them as well and have a hard time finding them in my areas.
Most of your retail and bars aren't going to carry something that is a slow seller or doesn't even sell. All about that shelf space and how much money each spot makes the owner.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it is just an unknown style to most people. I love them as well and have a hard time finding them in my areas.
Most of your retail and bars aren't going to carry something that is a slow seller or doesn't even sell. All about that shelf space and how much money each spot makes the owner.
View Quote
Yeah, I get it but how well can every one of 100 different (but in reality, pretty much all the same) IPAs sell? It cant sell if its not offered.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it is regional based on popularity.    Saisons are all over in the northwest.

I think Portland OR and Seattle have driven a lot of that with their funky farmhouse ales and sours.    Portland has a wild ale festival every year you might want to look in to if that is what you like.

The great thing about home brewing is you can brew and create beer styles that you can't always find in your local area.

The nice thing about farmhouse or saisons is that you can ferment in the summer without worry of temp control.    I have ramped French saison yeast up to 90 deg and had really good beer as a result.    Temp control is not a concern.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top