Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2021 3:25:48 PM EDT
I want to find the profile of a member that emailed me about something he's selling but I can't seem to do so now.

I used to search Google for the user name and a post but that method no longer works.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry.

Glad it works that way.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry.

Glad it works that way.
View Quote

I guess I'd just kind of like to know if a member has a 5% feedback rating before buying something from them :shrug:

ETA: Since you've never bought or sold anything on here it appears I wouldn't expect you to understand.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I guess I'd just kind of like to know if a member has a 5% feedback rating before buying something from them :shrug:

ETA: Since you've never bought or sold anything on here it appears I wouldn't expect you to understand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry.

Glad it works that way.

I understand why you want to search by name but there's a higher reason involved which is vastly more important.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
[Quoted:
I want to find the profile of a member that emailed me about something he's selling but I can't seem to do so now.

I used to search Google for the user name and a post but that method no longer works.

Thoughts?

@jlficken:

Hold mouse (finger) on user info and when drop down shows up, click user info is how I look @ feedback
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[Quoted:

Thoughts?

@jlficken:

Hold mouse (finger) on user info and when drop down shows up, click user info is how I look @ feedback
View Quote

I can't do that though when they send an email so I don't have a post of theirs to click on "User Info".
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I understand why you want to search by name but there's a higher reason involved which is vastly more important.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry.

Glad it works that way.

You can still search by name you just have to know a keyword to search for that will exist.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You should have their username right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't do that though when they send an email so I don't have a post of theirs to click on "User Info".

You should have their username right?

Right but I don't see how I can get to their profile from there?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You tried a search? Go into search, open the options (click the options button), enter the username, click search.

I am assuming the person is active.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right but I don't see how I can get to their profile from there?

You tried a search? Go into search, open the options (click the options button), enter the username, click search.

I am assuming the person is active.

He may be active...I have no way to know without being able to find his profile.

Search doesn't work if you don't enter a keyword as it won't return anything.

All basic (and, they, them, etc.) words are blocked as being "noise" so unless you know a word that they would have used that won't work either.

Bah...search defaulted me to General Discussion and I didn't notice it.  Search works fine without a keyword.  That was the first thing I tried but I didn't notice the filter.  Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top