Link Posted: 1/22/2019 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Alrighty then; FIRST!

Edited to say Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Where is the SHOT Show forum section. It has disappeared from the General Forum?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where is the SHOT Show forum section. It has disappeared from the General Forum?
View Quote
This.  Also where is the compilation of links to other shot show blogs, news, etc.  I really don't care to wade through videos.  I'm old enough to read.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Its gone?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
My thread asking for different sources and Miami's thread seem to be gone.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess so, I started a thread thinking it was a mobile issue. Not sure why it would have been nuked.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Miami's thread is still here
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this, just thought I was dumb.

Well, I might be, but the forum is still gone
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Miami's thread is still here
He started it in GD and had a mirror thread in Shot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
ARFCOM really dropped the ball with that.  There are links to discussion in the official section but they just go back to General so they don't exist.

@goatboy
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah here it is 2019 and the internet coverage of Shot Show is a pittance compared to 20 yrs ago...
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#14]
WTF!

Why would they remove the SHOT show section on the first official day of SHOT Show?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This.  Also where is the compilation of links to other shot show blogs, news, etc.  I really don't care to wade through videos.  I'm old enough to read.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All of this.  It was nice having everything in one place and not have to wade through GD to find SHOT Show threads.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

All of this.  It was nice having everything in one place and not have to wade through GD to find SHOT Show threads.
View Quote
The SHOT Show link under Site Notices goes to this page: https://www.ar15.com/shot-show-2019/ and there are links to some dead discussion topics so I'm going to to guess that subforum wasn't supposed to be nuked?
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like the shot show forum got nuked.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:15:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm hoping to see more delayed bliw back type 9mm AR's and some nagpul 7.62x39 mags and drums.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why would they remove the SHOT show section on the first official day of SHOT Show?
View Quote
Because it's the only way to monetize their coverage??
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To be honest the SHOT Show forum was confusing as hell. Topics from SHOT Show 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 were all mixed together and impossible to decipher.

Having a SHOT Show forum for each year would have made more sense. Or maybe curating one forum properly, by locking all of the prior year threads around December.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Would it have been that hard to just archive threads started move than a year old? So that just current SHOT threads show.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Would it have been that hard to just archive threads started move than a year old? So that just current SHOT threads show.
View Quote
That would require at least two lines of code... Fuck it, I'm out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#23]
OST
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Any updates from anyone who's there?

Glock carbine?

Trijicon Accupoint with a horseshoe reticle?

LWRC 45?
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Few photo's from Larue booth in OP here:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/-/219-291038/?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:54:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any updates from anyone who's there?

LWRC 45?
View Quote
According to a reply on their IG page, it's not there but is indeed going to be shipping soon. I don't know if soon is a relative term to them or if it's an LWRC employee trolling.

Edit: after more comment surfing, they're saying May-April goal and to expect it at NRA show. Not holding my breath though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Battle Arms charging handle looks pretty nice.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Why do I have to go someplace else for my SHOT show coverage? This is very disappointing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Heard rumors of an ambi PRI gas buster... they got a table there?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why do I have to go someplace else for my SHOT show coverage? This is very disappointing.
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Most disappointing shot show coverage to date and the nuking the thread has made it worse.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Most disappointing shot show coverage to date and the nuking the thread has made it worse.
View Quote
The nuking caused my check out. SHOT is pointless these days. No one in the industry innovates....
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Why did they nuke it?

Looks like they stopped by the sig booth and a few others but that's about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I agree coverage has been lack luster.

I will just have to assume there wasn't much that was new.

But I definitely wanted to see it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The nuking caused my check out. SHOT is pointless these days. No one in the industry innovates....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Innovation is happening. Just that the tacticool stuff gets boring. You can only make a AR-15 so many ways.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, anybody know a good source other than many diff youtube channels?

I get they may be busy or there isn’t much new but I don’t want to learn what’s at SHOT after it’s over.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Well this really sucks! So much for the shot show info! Who ever decide on this format well it really is confusing to say the least. Terrible!
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Worst Shot Show ever? I've seen nothing come out that gives me a hard on.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The forum wasn't getting much traffic but pulling it late was our bad.

As for coverage, check out the new page we setup here: https://www.ar15.com/shot-show-2019/

We have aggregated video, photo, forum posts and twitter feeds into one place to make it easier. Other shot discussion threads are also in the GD.

We have been releasing videos each day and will continue to do so until they are all completed!!! We have a lot of footage from the show!
View Quote
Thanks GB.  But I don't see any real innovation in any of those videos.  I'll stick to buying ammo for now...
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The forum wasn’t getting much traffic but pulling it late was our bad.

As for coverage, check out the new page we setup here: https://www.ar15.com/shot-show-2019/

We have aggregated video, photo, forum posts and twitter feeds into one place to make it easier. Other shot discussion threads are also in the GD.

We have been releasing videos each day and will continue to do so until they are all completed!!! We have a lot of footage from the show!
View Quote
Did you fix all the broken thread links on that page such as the link to the PTR5 that just sends you back to the General Discussion subforum?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Guys, if you want to see some good general daily coverage, go to YouTube and enter "shot show 2019 mixflip"
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:38:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Will do. Thanks. What a disappointment this time around here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
It’s sponsored coverage, which means companies with strong business ties to arfcom get the most exposure (duh). Hence the bazillion videos about Sig products, the bizarro video about the Eotech name change, etc.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Any news about the Liberty 1911 (the 80% polymer one)?  Or is it dead before arrival?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's sponsored coverage, which means companies with strong business ties to arfcom get the most exposure (duh). Hence the bazillion videos about Sig products, the bizarro video about the Eotech name change, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's sponsored coverage, which means companies with strong business ties to arfcom get the most exposure (duh). Hence the bazillion videos about Sig products, the bizarro video about the Eotech name change, etc.
None of my posts and videos were sponsored.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t think they were talking about you
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Sig is almost a shot show video post whore. Phil S. has his presentation polished to an art and a bunch of youtubers, AR15.com, the NRA, the gun mags, etc just fall all over themselves to do an exposure video on Sig's product(s) of the day. I mean how many reviews do we really need of their (NOT) new P320 Xcompact. Its not a new model, just an update to a previous model.

I should have never bought an original P320, Sig always comes out with better in a year or two. Its like planned obsolescence. (rant mode off.)
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Anyone stop by the PRI booth?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sig is almost a shot show video post whore. Phil S. has his presentation polished to an art and a bunch of youtubers, AR15.com, the NRA, the gun mags, etc just fall all over themselves to do an exposure video on Sig's product(s) of the day. I mean how many reviews do we really need of their (NOT) new P320 Xcompact. Its not a new model, just an update to a previous model.

I should have never bought an original P320, Sig always comes out with better in a year or two. Its like planned obsolescence. (rant mode off.)
View Quote
Video on that 338 Norma MMG would be awesome
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top