Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2022 6:52:32 PM EDT
Anyone playing this these days? I haven't played in years and I wanna get back into it. Partially so I'm doing something other than look at and buying gun parts on he internet. However, I don't have a computer right now...

So now I'm looking at computer parts and thinking about buying everything I need. If anyone else here is playing stalker, in particular with the anomaly mod and EFP, and could help me figure out the cheapest PC build that would run the game at a reasonable graphics setting without super low fps, I would be eternally grateful.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have played every single one to completion.  

I've been playing Anomaly mod, but mine is screwed too bad to complete it.  Every time I load into the Radar to go after the brain scorcher the game just crashes, so I gave up.  Couldn't find a fix.

Anomaly is awesome though, which is sad.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have played every single one to completion.  

I've been playing Anomaly mod, but mine is screwed too bad to complete it.  Every time I load into the Radar to go after the brain scorcher the game just crashes, so I gave up.  Couldn't find a fix.

Anomaly is awesome though, which is sad.
View Quote

Is there a specific list of systems require for anomaly? I played all the stalker games to completion then started playing call of misery a lot and just loved the game. Eventually my computer broke and I was too poor to buy anything other than $100 pawn shop computers for years- then I got into guns and gear. Now I'm ready to get back into games (partially to distract myself from continuing to buy guns and gear all the time if I'm honest lol). I just don't know fuck all about buying or building computers, pretty much the only thing I remember is that stalker games really prefer Nvidia graphics cards.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is there a specific list of systems require for anomaly? I played all the stalker games to completion then started playing call of misery a lot and just loved the game. Eventually my computer broke and I was too poor to buy anything other than $100 pawn shop computers for years- then I got into guns and gear. Now I'm ready to get back into games (partially to distract myself from continuing to buy guns and gear all the time if I'm honest lol). I just don't know fuck all about buying or building computers, pretty much the only thing I remember is that stalker games really prefer Nvidia graphics cards.
View Quote

If you can run the games you can run Anomaly.  Anomaly is a standalone game though, you don't use the base game from steam.  It's somehow included in the mod.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
They should remaster the previous ones into one hybrid game with some of the better features taken from mods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top