Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is true, but None of them spread communism like the Russians, did, and none of them are threatening to nuke europe at this instant. Heck 90% of the problems with minorities around the world is the infestastion of communist thought and propaganda that ate away at their countries, and caused the productive populations to flee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can say the same about many ethnicities but some will get you banned.

This is true, but None of them spread communism like the Russians, did, and none of them are threatening to nuke europe at this instant. Heck 90% of the problems with minorities around the world is the infestastion of communist thought and propaganda that ate away at their countries, and caused the productive populations to flee.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Conscripting hundreds of thousands to feed into the western meat grinder didn't work well for Nicholas II.  Perhaps history will repeat itself and we'll see another Russian revolution
View Quote
Worked OK for Stalin. He died of a stroke at his desk and the cleaning lady was the only one not too scared of him to poke him with a stick
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I keep wondering how they can (re)train 300k troopa, feed them, arm them, house them, ... In any amount of time that would benefit the war before winter.

No fucking way they get them ready in time.

This is throwing meat to the grinder for hardly any purpose.

Well, at least pootypoo didnt start lying about WMD in UKR and sucker dozens of other countries into that lie.

Pootypoo just claimed it was good old fashioned Nazi... Yellow cake free story for pootypoo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Conscripting hundreds of thousands to feed into the western meat grinder didn’t work well for Nicholas II.  Perhaps history will repeat itself and we’ll see another Russian revolution
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very good thread follows on why mobilisation is a problem for Putin

Conscripting hundreds of thousands to feed into the western meat grinder didn’t work well for Nicholas II.  Perhaps history will repeat itself and we’ll see another Russian revolution

Ummmmmmmm

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I keep wondering how they can (re)train 300k troopa, feed them, arm them, house them, ... In any amount of time that would benefit the war before winter.

Well, at least pootypoo didnt start lying about WMD in UKR and sucker dozens of other countries into that lie.

Pootypoo just claimed it was good old fashioned Nazi... Yellow cake free story for pootypoo.
View Quote

They tried.   Bio-labs!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

TLDR

It's the wests fault we attacked Ukraine and Russia is the victim.
View Quote
It's from The WaPo TASS what do you expect?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]

You might want to do some more reading? The Revolution was fomented in part by conscription during WW1 and large casualties.  Lenin was in part supported by Germany to hurt the Russian war effort. The disgruntlement of the Russian people over the war and the draft helped the revolution immensely

And my comment about seeing another revolution was in relation to deposition of the current government by people not happy about war and conscription, not support of Bolshevism. Revolutions against absolute rulers have produced good countries. You might be familiar with one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I gotta believe a former KGB guy has those bases covered.   He'll have true believers on the buttons, and other true believers standing behind them with pistols.

China is going to "liberate" big chunks of Russia at some point.  I'm thinking the parts that have food and energy.
View Quote

The kgb guy who said Ukrainians would welcome them from their oppressors with open arms?

How did that work out?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You might want to do some more reading? The Revolution was fomented in part by conscription during WW1 and large casualties.  Lenin was in part supported by Germany to hurt the Russian war effort. The disgruntlement of the Russian people over the war and the draft helped the revolution immensely
View All Quotes
Quoted:

While I'll fully admit I'm no Russian history expert, I was simply pointing out the fall of what had been around for a very long time led to something much worse.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#10]
This will be a test of Putin's control over the Russian masses.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Their reservists are usually old and fat.
View Quote

Category 3 units………. Their combat effectiveness is questionable
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their reservists are usually old and fat.

Similar to their category 1 units.

Who the fuck was threatening russian territory that putin keeps banging on about?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

While I'll fully admit I'm no Russian history expert, I was simply pointing out the fall of what had been around for a very long time led to something much worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough, however, regardless the outcome, history clearly shows that one good way to get deposed is to piss off your people a lot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This will be a test of Putin's control over the Russian masses.  
View Quote

Absolutely. I think the state wins this round; they’ve perfected squashing dissent for 20 years. Much more practice than the original Nazis.

But these bodies won’t last long and round 2 or 3 of mobilization will be more of a test.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Who the fuck was threatening russian territory that putin keeps banging on about?
View Quote

It's being said for the consumption of Russians. Keep repeating a lie long enough and people will believe it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Speaking of "realistically fair elections" when did the folks in Crimea ever vote to leave Russia and become part of Ukraine?
View Quote

Hmm.

No one left Russia

The USSR desolved

These Tracks of land then said I am my own country

Again no one left Russia.     The USSR left
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Are there any bets on where they get the supplies for "300k" soldiers?

I mean, those are gonna come from the general population and store shelves at this point.

I really dont think pootypoo has thought this thing through. (Does he ever?)

Puttin = slightly more commie LBJ

I estimate no less than 10k ruskies die from the cold because of this chowderhead.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The kgb guy who said Ukrainians would welcome them from their oppressors with open arms?

How did that work out?
View Quote
It'll be interesting someday to learn if that was an actual assessment or just bullshit prop.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Similar to their category 1 units.

View Quote
Partly the UKA fought them back to the actual Russian border.  And partly its a ploy in combination with referendum votes in the donbas to extend the nuclear threat into Ukrainian territory. If the referendum "votes" go Russia's way the occupied donbas becomes Russian territory and can be defended with nukes.

It's bullshit, but that might not matter.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Whatever happened to the talk of the Norks sending over a few divisions?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
The whole world took a look and said "yeah..nah, let us know how that turns out"

Nobody is coming to help putin.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Polish government expects mobilized Russian to start arriving in Ukraine in about 3 weeks. Others have said up to 3 months so basically for next year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

DPRK claims fake news
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Polish government expects mobilized Russian to start arriving in Ukraine in about 3 weeks. Others have said up to 3 months so basically for next year.
View Quote
3 weeks would be impressive. So that can't be right.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do we even know if these troops have or have not had ANY training? So much of what goes on there is unknown.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have.

Numbers do mean something. If I was Ukraine I'd be shitting my pants.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Setting up for a Spring Offensive?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Setting up for a Spring Offensive?
View Quote

Mixed info - before Kiev said no winter warfare, now winter warfare is on the table. Russia could get some of this 300,000 in October or Christmas but currently Ukraine Chas made no major gains since their big offensive rolled back Russia. For some odd reason they’re not focused on Lyman but they did make a bridgehead in the north east that could give them momentum for the rest of this month if they can exploit it and puts Luhansk at risk. But zero for Kherson or Zap oblasts. Russia spinning its wheels inching around Bakhmut. I think Moscow can’t or won’t do shit offensively until these 300,000 are mobilized. So Ukraine has at least 3 weeks to capitalize if they can. It’s possible they took enough casualties in Kherson that they may have to focus on the east? For Kherson offensive info watch this video to see it’s largely stalled now
"All in!" The Ukrainian Offensives in Cherson and Charkiv
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Supposedly the well to do are already heading for visa free countries now
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Do we even know if these troops have or have not had ANY training? So much of what goes on there is unknown.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have.

Numbers do mean something. If I was Ukraine I'd be shitting my pants.
View Quote

Yeah former military service, supposedly Syria/Libya/Chechen war vets are being tapped first
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I mean if 3 mobilized guys show up advance party then on paper 3 weeks criteria has been met. 300,000 is highly doubtful but in between? 10,000? 33,000? We’ll find out
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I mean if 3 mobilized guys show up advance party then on paper 3 weeks criteria has been met. 300,000 is highly doubtful but in between? 10,000? 33,000? We'll find out
View Quote
mobing a company of nasty girls from orders to the field in 3 weeks would be impressive for us.  Granted we tend to like to have them have zero'd weapons and actual gear....and God forbid they aren't current on SHARP or have drivers licences.

Russia probably doesn't trifle over such details.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah former military service, supposedly Syria/Libya/Chechen war vets are being tapped first
View Quote

If they're grabbing random people off the road at checkpoints, I don't thing they're being very selective
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very good thread follows on why mobilisation is a problem for Putin

Ummmmmmmm

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20220921_210021-2534609.jpg

Exactly.  Post Putin Russia will be as shitty as ever.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
mobing a company of nasty girls from orders to the field in 3 weeks would be impressive for us.  Granted we tend to like to have them have zero'd weapons and actual gear....and God forbid they aren't current on SHARP or have drivers licences.

View Quote

We’ll Fort Bliss has a better food court than Camp Shelby
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I though Russia already had 1 million active personnel and 2 million reservists.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I though Russia already had 1 million active personnel and 2 million reservists.
View Quote

950,000 but they suffered 200,000 casualties. And struggled with recruitment. Their reservists are almost all equivalent to our IRR.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just an FYI, I've heard that several people received activation orders on the day Putin made the announcement.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Just an FYI, I've heard that several people received activation orders on the day Putin made the announcement.
View Quote

Make sure you tell them goodbye.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ll double check off top of my head their active is only 280,000.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, don’t give up. Defend mother Russia
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been done here as well.
During the Vietnam War.
They lost millions.
We did that and our allies of that time. If they weren't a big whore house now they would be nothing. I would still use their troops against the Chinese triad today. It's only good business. Something some other people aren't doing. Fucking rookies.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

And dental. For God's sake, don't forget dental. If Lcpl Jones still has his wisdom teeth, the war is as good as lost.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well, don’t give up. Defend mother Russia
View Quote

Destination Lyman, Ukraine finally hitting the gas again up north.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top