BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are the gun laws like in the Ukraine?
View Quote

You have to be citizen. Lots of cool guns are available. You can get a license for just about anything but for pistols concealed/class 3 stuff you need to know someone to get the permit. Shotguns are really common and I think you need to start there before you can apply for semi auto rifles. Cans are over the counter. The real bugger is the ammo cost. It makes recreational shooting a rich mans game.

Hunting is not great unless hunting boar or your in the car pathians. The soviets pretty much turned everything into Ag land.

With the war lots of black market guns are available too. However shooting them is not easy unless you own a giant farm somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I always assumed Russians would want to be armed considering the consistent problems they have with Russia...
View Quote

Quoted:
A woman's feet are a window into her soul.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always assumed Russians would want to be armed considering the consistent problems they have with Russia...

Quoted:
A woman's feet are a window into her soul.
https://i.postimg.cc/KvG5MPBr/Girl_Wiggling_Feet.gif

What?

ETA- in case you're unfamiliar with Russian history, 99% of the average Russian's problems are due to Russia itself.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

The fact that most Russians aren't insisting on being armed to me is mind boggling.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, but it's a strange way to say it, rather than Russians dealing with corrupt governments/criminals/dictators. It sounds like *Russians are scared of themselves.*
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok, but it's a strange way to say it, rather than Russians dealing with corrupt governments/criminals/dictators. It sounds like *Russians are scared of themselves.*
View Quote

Who runs the government? Who are the criminals? Who turned in "enemies of the state" to the KGB or Cheka?
Russians.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
great thread OP
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who runs the government? Who are the criminals? Who turned in "enemies of the state" to the KGB or Cheka?
Russians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russians.

If you ever speak against anyone in our current administration, do you label them Americans? *I can't believe what the Americans are doing to our economy/Constitution/etc.*  I just think that's a very odd way to phrase things, and I'd have never guessed that was what you meant. I wondered if you meant to put Ukrainians there, especially in a thread about Ukraine. [shrug]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:48:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you ever speak against anyone in our current administration, do you label them Americans? *I can't believe what the Americans are doing to our economy/Constitution/etc.*  I just think that's a very odd way to phrase things, and I'd have never guessed that was what you meant. I wondered if you meant to put Ukrainians there, especially in a thread about Ukraine. [shrug]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russians.

It was in contrast to the statement about Ukrainians having guns due to Russians.
I said Russians should also have guns due to Russians.

I'm super bored of this digression though, I don't think it's important.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 2:27:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Love these threads, but I also reminds me of how many things I should have tried when I was younger. She's absolutely gorgeous Op.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:11:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Great thread - thanks. My son married a girl from Uzbekistan. Wonderful girl. Very traditional. Unbelievable beauty and one hundred percent mother.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#11]
One thing I discovered over the weekend is Ukrainian Netflix is better.  I got part way through Rick and Morty during downtime there and didn't know it's not on USA version of Netflix.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One thing I discovered over the weekend is Ukrainian Netflix is better.  I got part way through Rick and Morty during downtime there and didn't know it's not on USA version of Netflix.
View Quote

HBO Max has the rights to it here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#13]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-My-Ukrainian-was-delivered-shooting-pics-pg8-now-married-page-11-/5-2153952/?page=1

Will OP be man enough once she gets her perm greencard and files for divorce to let us know?
View Quote

Forgot to update previous thread that perm greencard was last year.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Great thread op !
Very interesting to see all pictures and explanations.

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congrats!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's great. Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Awesome thread!

Thank you for sharing!
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That store is much different than the grocery stores in Lviv here (but understandable):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF1Mp3X_g1k
View Quote

The country store was a smaller village, in the hometown (around 10-15k people ) there is Sipo that I posted pictures of (one of largest chains in Ukraine), a McDuck, and this new store Trash Market.

Prices in video seemed accurate.  One thing a bit off from here is often large city stores are cheaper, there is more competition so stores in countryside would pay the same prices, with less competition and more delivery costs.  So a Roshen factory chocolate store on outskirts of Kyiv you would pay 13.9 hryvnia (about $.50) for bubble cholocate but it may be 20 hryvnia in a store outside capital.  In restaurants it varies of course, but in some beer will be cheaper than water,  this is when you have a local beer vs a European Water both around ~$.70.  

Also from the video water is mis-represented a bit, you will find a bottle of Morshinska in the store but this almost always over 8 hryvnia ($.30) or small for ($.23), but in USA you would buy a 32 pack for $5 (about $.15 ea), most Ukrainians are actually paying more to drink water than people in USA are.  In the country you would always get drinking water from the well and the bottle of water is just for traveling.  Not sure what they do in larger cities.

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 4:14:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I always thought JD was made in Lynchburg VA
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That was the best part about my last Russia trip. 90% of them simply do not give a fuck about covid, and will only maliciously follow the rules if absolutely required (mask under nose, mask on forehead, lol) and even that kind of rule following was rare.
View Quote

If you don’t mind, what kind of hoops does an American have to jump through to visit Russia nowadays, if any?  I’d like to see the Moscow subway and some live music next year if things work out.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you don’t mind, what kind of hoops does an American have to jump through to visit Russia nowadays, if any?  I’d like to see the Moscow subway and some live music next year if things work out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the best part about my last Russia trip. 90% of them simply do not give a fuck about covid, and will only maliciously follow the rules if absolutely required (mask under nose, mask on forehead, lol) and even that kind of rule following was rare.

Right now you have to be married to a Russian citizen until covid is over. You'll also need a visa through the Russian consulate. I'd recommend going through a place like visa HQ to make sure it gets done right.
There are some exceptions where if you're there for only a few days and only in Moscow or SPB then you don't need a visa... But you'll have to research that because I'm not sure of the details.

Worthwhile trip though, highly recommended.

The subways are indeed awesome.

Attachment Attached File

This one is SPB though
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Russia is open for USA citizens or residents, I used VisaHQ also, they are great.  Currently they require negative covid test and do not accept vaccines (Same as USA policy). The "invitation letter" from them (Visa-HQ) is overpriced and you can buy it from another source.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Excellent pic thread - thanks, OP.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Russia is open for USA citizens or residents, I used VisaHQ also, they are great.  Currently they require negative covid test and do not accept vaccines (Same as USA policy). The "invitation letter" from them (Visa-HQ) is overpriced and you can buy it from another source.
View Quote

Oh nice! good to know, last time I went it was only open for immediate family members. Yes, the VisaHQ invitation is overpriced, but man it is easy lol.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Right now you have to be married to a Russian citizen until covid is over. You'll also need a visa through the Russian consulate. I'd recommend going through a place like visa HQ to make sure it gets done right.
There are some exceptions where if you're there for only a few days and only in Moscow or SPB then you don't need a visa... But you'll have to research that because I'm not sure of the details.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45602/IMG_20190604_155219_jpg-2043376.JPG

This one is SPB though
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks you two.  Hopefully I’ll be able to go next summer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45602/IMG_20190604_155219_jpg-2043376.JPG

This one is SPB though

Quoted:

I'll probably be there next summer too with my son and wife. Let me know if you need any tips

Oh btw the short term exception to visas doesn't apply to Americans
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Belarus is like Russia-Lite if you want to avoid the visa, but you can't buy tickets from a US vendor.  I think we are going to meet the Russian family in Europe in future.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top