Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/28/2021 8:02:27 PM EDT
With the weather getting nicer I am running outside more. What are you using to carry while on your runs?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the best solution I've found.  HPG KIT BAG
It works really well for hiking and hunting pistol carry as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
LCP clipped to my running shorts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried a belly band with a S&W 442/642, still bounced around a bit.  Eventually went with a running arm band pouch like for keys and phone, would wear my phone as a running tracker and music on one arm and the other pouch on the other arm with a Seecamp 32 inside.

Something like this.

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
G43
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Another for HPG
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Another for HPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another for HPG
and another

Critics say the bags are too obvious for ccw, but around me lots of people run with weighted vests or camelbacks so the bag fits right in.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, I got one in December and it works wonders.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Pistol Wear PT-2
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I never carried when I ran.  If someone wanted to jack me during a 12 miler, I guess I would have been fucked.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
and another

Critics say the bags are too obvious for ccw, but around me lots of people run with weighted vests or camelbacks so the bag fits right in.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/8F1072BD-0C5E-4FCC-B42A-4B00644FE361_jpe-1923232.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another for HPG
and another

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/8F1072BD-0C5E-4FCC-B42A-4B00644FE361_jpe-1923232.JPG

This. Also you can get them without molle and in non-tactical colors.  I don't think they scream "gun".

I use the snubby model. Room for G26, wallet, phone and keys, not much else.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Have used one for what seems like forever.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I prefer the hpg fanny pack
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Beretta 21a or 71 and a tiny Fanny pack. It’s too small to fit a phone and gun at the same time so I bought an Apple Watch to keep track of my runs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Until Arthur visited my knees, I'd jog in my neighborhood w/ a SUB-2000 wrapped in a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#16]
If I'm not carrying anything then a small pepper spray clipped to my shorts.  If I'm trail running or have to carry anything such as my wallet and keys (trail running) then a small fanny pack and a LCP.  I don't bother carrying a phone most places anymore.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  If I'm not carrying anything then a small pepper spray clipped to my shorts.  If I'm trail running or have to carry anything such as my wallet and keys (trail running) then a small fanny pack and a LCP.  I don't bother carrying a phone most places anymore.
View Quote

I bought my 1st cell phone when I started carrying in my car back in the 90's.  I realized if I did have the misfortune to shoot someone I'd need to call 911.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I bought my 1st cell phone when I started carrying in my car back in the 90's.  I realized if I did have the misfortune to shoot someone I'd need to call 911.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  If I'm not carrying anything then a small pepper spray clipped to my shorts.  If I'm trail running or have to carry anything such as my wallet and keys (trail running) then a small fanny pack and a LCP.  I don't bother carrying a phone most places anymore.

That's about the time I got one of those blocky Motorala flip phones from Bell Atlantic Mobile (now Verizon).  While I can see the utility of carrying my phone, I just don't care anymore.  I don't need it most of the time, I don't like the idea of it listening and tracking me (it's the principle of it) and I just plain don't want to.  I'm not offended by being called a Luddite.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:  That's about the time I got one of those blocky Motorala flip phones from Bell Atlantic Mobile (now Verizon).  While I can see the utility of carrying my phone, I just don't care anymore.  I don't need it most of the time, I don't like the idea of it listening and tracking me (it's the principle of it) and I just plain don't want to.  I'm not offended by being called a Luddite.  
View Quote

Ah.  I run Graphene OS, so unless it's been hacked by a .gov agency, it's not listening.  And I can turn it off.  Pine Phone, I think you can throw a microswitch and physically turn off the radio, GPS, microphone, etc.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI

/thread
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ah.  I run Graphene OS, so unless it's been hacked by a .gov agency, it's not listening.  And I can turn it off.  Pine Phone, I think you can throw a microswitch and physically turn off the radio, GPS, microphone, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  That's about the time I got one of those blocky Motorala flip phones from Bell Atlantic Mobile (now Verizon).  While I can see the utility of carrying my phone, I just don't care anymore.  I don't need it most of the time, I don't like the idea of it listening and tracking me (it's the principle of it) and I just plain don't want to.  I'm not offended by being called a Luddite.  

It looks like the Pine Phone won't be available until later this month, I'll have to look into it but to be honest I'm not the most computer savvy when it comes to alt operating systems.  It's not that I'm doing anything I shouldn't be, I lead a boring life these days, I just hate the things on general principle and I don't like carrying extra stuff or anything of value.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LCP clipped to my running shorts.
View Quote

This or AIWB J-frame
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#23]
have you guys looked at the chest rigs that fly fishermen buy?
I've been using a no-name basic one for a couple of months now, I was surprised - I really like it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fly+fisherman+chest+rig

But, I like to carry more stuff than the average person. When I started, I didn't really change anything from streetwear, and all the stuff in my shorts pockets beat my thighs mercilessly. With a chest rig, all that crap is off my legs, so I can wear shorts that keep my thighs from rubbing together. Looks ghey, but I don't give a shit. It also holds my phone and a bottle of water so I don't have to dig when I accidentally hit the volume button.

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Running with a gun is a PITA. I have found that wearing a stiff belt under my clothes makes the gun ride better and flop less than just clipping it to my shorts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I just can't run with a weapon concealed.

If you're ever tasked with assassinating me wait until go for a run.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:07:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:  I just can't run with a weapon concealed.

If you're ever tasked with assassinating me wait until go for a run.
View Quote

Just wrap it up in a tshirt and carry it in your hand.  Anyone watching will assume you're carrying a sweat rag.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I pocket carry a NAA .22mag revolver in thin track shorts.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#28]
OST

Just took the dogs out for a run and discovered pocket carry doesn't work for me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I tried repurposing a Haley micro rig, no hanger, plenty of room for a 43x and flashlight for an evening run and you can cinch it as tight as you desire.

If you pull the Velcro mag retention clips out there's even room for a water bottle or a small towel to wipe your forehead or whatever.

No more tactical looking than the hill people rig just leave all your gunfighter patches at home.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Just saw this.

Here’s a Glock 20 retained on an Ultimate Direction Mountain vest.

I usually have it concealed inside a handkerchief if I’m on populated trails at lower elevation. I usually carry a G19 when I’ll be alone for long runs in the mountains, but wanted to test the G20’s weight.

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#31]
ComforTac Belly Band and a G43 has worked for me for thousands of miles of double-digit runs. The only things that have changed since my initial review are that I'm no longer on Reddit and I don't use the retention strap since it's simply unnecessary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comments/5pd6lo/review_running_with_the_comforttac_ultimate_belly/
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:52:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm using this. It barely fits most sub compacts, and won't fit one with a light or red dot.

https://www.511tactical.com/select-carry-pistol-pouch.html
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I don’t know how anyone can stand running with a gun in one of those chest pouches.

I’ve been using the Galco Underwraps belly band for over 5,000 miles. It’s comfortable, concealed, and quicker than any sort of pack. Having the gun in the same spot as with my regular belt and holster is a big advantage to me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
ComforTac Belly Band and a G43 has worked for me for thousands of miles of double-digit runs. The only things that have changed since my initial review are that I'm no longer on Reddit and I don't use the retention strap since it's simply unnecessary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comments/5pd6lo/review_running_with_the_comforttac_ultimate_belly/
View Quote

I’ll second the ComforTac.
My only complaint is that, with a heavier gun like a G30, the stitching at the top of the holster part frayed after 100 miles or so. Easy enough to fix.  
Even with the weight of the G30 it was very comfortable and didn’t bounce.
I picked up a new ComforTac and switched to a G43 a while back and it’s held up fine.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#36]
My ComforTac that I ordered during their father's day sale came in the other day but I haven't tried it running yet.  It seems pretty comfortable when partially covered by my shorts (low ride position); doing some jumping jacks didn't cause it to move much so I'll probably try running with my Shield.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#37]
I use Alien Gear's belly band set up.

I carry my G19 with TLR1 while I run. It does ride a little high, so it takes a little practice getting used to the draw stroke, but it's easy enough.

Is the gun secured with a zipper on those hill people packs? I only ask because fine motor control skills kinda go to shit under stress.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I carry my G19 with TLR1 while I run. It does ride a little high, so it takes a little practice getting used to the draw stroke, but it's easy enough.

Is the gun secured with a zipper on those hill people packs? I only ask because fine motor control skills kinda go to shit under stress.
View Quote

The pistol is in the main zippered pocket. I use a raven concealment holster tethered inside the main pouch. Similar to below(from HPG website). It pulls off during your draw.

Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The pistol is in the main zippered pocket. I use a raven concealment holster tethered inside the main pouch. Similar to below(from HPG website). It pulls off during your draw.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Portals/21/CVStoreImages/IMG_8541_1000.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the exact setup I use, it is perfect for running and great for hiking as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

HAHAHHAHAHHAHA  you jogging in Ramadi?
View Quote

Don't have to carry a LTC w/ a rifle.  I biked w/ my M4 in Iraq.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m not sure any other micro nine could stand up to this. This 43 gets drenched in sweat daily and I’ve never once oiled the outside of the gun. I wipe it off with I dry rag when I get home and that’s it. It’s never shown any sign of rust.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is the exact setup I use, it is perfect for running and great for hiking as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. Been to three National parks and hundreds of running miles.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's about the time I got one of those blocky Motorala flip phones from Bell Atlantic Mobile (now Verizon).  While I can see the utility of carrying my phone, I just don't care anymore.  I don't need it most of the time, I don't like the idea of it listening and tracking me (it's the principle of it) and I just plain don't want to.  I'm not offended by being called a Luddite.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you conceal carry but don't have a phone as part of your EDC, you're just asking for trouble. In the event you shoot someone, you need to report it to 911 immediately so you can be the "complainant" and your case looks good in court, then you call your lawyer so that they can tell you what to say.

Paul Harrell talked about this and how it impacted one of his self-defense incidents when he was younger and OCed another kid. It's called the "race to the courthouse."
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don’t know how anyone can stand running with a gun in one of those chest pouches.

I’ve been using the Galco Underwraps belly band for over 5,000 miles. It’s comfortable, concealed, and quicker than any sort of pack. Having the gun in the same spot as with my regular belt and holster is a big advantage to me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34777/8BB01B4B-3112-468B-BA60-351503EB9DD1_jpe-2005188.JPG
View Quote

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but nice setup, brother.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This, I got one in December and it works wonders.
View Quote

Here's another for the HPG Kit Bag.  I'd recommend the runners kit bag.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#47]
I've been running since early 2008, and have never carried.  I live in a very safe area and stay on known routes.  The risk isn't zero, but it's always been low enough for me to accept without much worry, and I've never had any experiences while running to make me reconsider.  I'm not a long distance guy, just 4-5 miles in the morning 3 or 4 times per week.  All I have with me is my little iPod Nano from 2010 or so.  I am out pretty early, so I don't usually see many people.  Lately I've been thinking that I should probably have my phone with me in case I fall and hurt myself, get hit by a car, or have a heart attack.  With what I wear, I really don't have a good way to carry the phone, so I guess I'd be looking at something like the HPG bag.  If i'm strapping a bag to my chest, I might as well put a pistol in there too.  So, a few questions for those of you using them:

1. Does the bag move around at all when you run?  
2. Do you get chafing from the straps or from the bag itself?
3. Is it hot?
4. Do you use a holster inside the bag?  It seems like if not, the pistol could possibly flop out when you open it.  But I've never used one so I don't know.  

I'd only use this for running, no hiking or anything else.  I would just be carrying a P365 and phone in it, so I'm thinking the Snubby sized bag would be right for me.  Seem reasonable to you guys?  

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've been running since early 2008, and have never carried.  I live in a very safe area and stay on known routes.  The risk isn't zero, but it's always been low enough for me to accept without much worry, and I've never had any experiences while running to make me reconsider.  I'm not a long distance guy, just 4-5 miles in the morning 3 or 4 times per week.  All I have with me is my little iPod Nano from 2010 or so.  I am out pretty early, so I don't usually see many people.  Lately I've been thinking that I should probably have my phone with me in case I fall and hurt myself, get hit by a car, or have a heart attack.  With what I wear, I really don't have a good way to carry the phone, so I guess I'd be looking at something like the HPG bag.  If i'm strapping a bag to my chest, I might as well put a pistol in there too.  So, a few questions for those of you using them:

3. Is it hot?
4. Do you use a holster inside the bag?  It seems like if not, the pistol could possibly flop out when you open it.  But I've never used one so I don't know.  

I'd only use this for running, no hiking or anything else.  I would just be carrying a P365 and phone in it, so I'm thinking the Snubby sized bag would be right for me.  Seem reasonable to you guys?  

Thanks for any info.
View Quote

You are lucky to have been running that long and never encountered an aggressive dog. I carry everywhere, all the time but dogs are my primary concern when running. I use an arm band for my phone and a belly band for my Glock and spare mag.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You are lucky to have been running that long and never encountered an aggressive dog. I carry everywhere, all the time but dogs are my primary concern when running. I use an arm band for my phone and a belly band for my Glock and spare mag.
View Quote

Nope, no dog problems.  I've been chased twice in 13 years by smallish dogs.  Both times I knew I could outrun them, and both times I did.  Both times I was sore the next day.  It's a safe area, and I'm out at a safe time of day.  Relatively-speaking, of course.  So far, my threat assessment has been 100% correct and I don't expect that to change, but if I'm going to carry a bag I may as well put a gun in it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

3. Is it hot?

Thanks for any info.
View Quote

1. no
2. no
3. yes
4. no

ran this morning with mine. S&W 396
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top