Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2021 1:48:27 AM EDT
A little bubble gum, a little cheese ball.  But a little kick ass.  Overall, thumbs up.  I wouldn’t watch it twice, I won’t reflect on it tomorrow, but it was worth the watch.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:49:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this that Shapiro thing?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this that Shapiro thing?
View Quote

It had a banner for dailycaller at the beginning, so I rectum he is involved somehow
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:55:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It had a banner for dailycaller at the beginning, so I rectum he is involved somehow
View Quote

They're the distributor of the film.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:09:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Very good movie.

But there is a part where hero girl takes cover behind an open locker door, and it stops bullets.
Which sucked.

And another part where a single distracted gunman is holding dozens of able-bodied high-schoolers at bay and nobody even bothers trying to take him out. Probably realistic, but still infuriating.

Still better than some of the shit they put in Shooter.
Fight me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Always some inconsistencies.  Like when the obviously suppressed rifle produces an unsuppressed report.  

Overall though, this movie is worth watching.  It's a slap in the face to victim mentality, and I can get behind that.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#6]
It's basically Die Hard in a high school.

You could consider it a pro gun piece in the sense that the heroes solve the problem with guns while showing the authorities and the school personnel as incompetent fools (like the security guard who pisses his pants and afterwards is only seen worrying about changing his pants, to never be seen again).

OTOH, I don't like the ideas it gives to prospective future school mass murderers, like holding hostages as leverage to ensure that censor trigger happy big tech doesn't cut their social media live feeds by threatening to kill students for stopping the live stream. They also used a shotgun to breach locked doors to class rooms and attempted to methodically clear rooms to gather the students and staff to the sit in the cantina by the car bomb.

The shole live stream was also a ploy to delay tactical response and allow them to get as many people next to the bomb, probably to reach a high score in victims.

All sound ideas from a purely tactical (hostile side) prespective. Also, there were many references to Columbine, like the distraction bombs to tie rescue and police to remote locations and also to block major roads to the school. The real school mass killers almost always study past real incidents and also watch movies and other creative content about imaginary mass killings.

I found it extremely odd the initial scene with coup de grace of a deer with a rock. Like WTF? Who the hell takes someone hunting for the first time and doesn't talk in advance about what to do in case of a lung shot? Or thinks it's a good teaching moment to start jabbering about how to kill the pray from short range, instead of doing it promptly and then discussing it?

I know it was supposed to show her as being decisive in a stressful situation and taking unilateral action with the best means available. But someone who knows nothing about hunting will instead think she's the psycho school killer. Not a good juxtaposition either.

I'm not aware of any select fire reproduction version of the MP40. So how is it possible Chris Jelick fired single rounds to execute the students at the beginning of the attack in the cafeteria, yet never deployed the folding stock or ever hit anyone after going cyclic? If you are supposed to be familiar enough with an open bolt subgun to fire single shots with tripping the trigger, you should be able to properly deploy it in short burst automatic fire as well. And the MP40 is such an easy gun to shoot full auto. It makes no sense.

I guess the movie makers' idea is to start it slow and make it look like it's a semi replica, but then up the ante when he starts to spray and pray. Overall, a very strange choice of gun for one of the main antagonists. If someone has an original MP40 to use in a school massacre, how come he is an utter moran who hears sounds in his head? And doesn't actually know how to shoot except single shots?

When Zoe is fighting with Anna Jelick and struggling with the Glock, Zoe intentionally pushes the slide out of battery and so prevents Anna from shooting her in the face. After she kills Anna, she finds that the gun is now empty and Anna didn't have any spare mags. A school mass killer part of a gang armed with full auto weapons, shotguns, revolvers and knives, but doesn't have any spares? Hello? Earth to orbit, do you read me?

The guns in this supposedly pro gun movie were rather horrible McGuffins. And a VERY odd choice for the subject matter of the first DM entertainment venture. Sure, it was fun to watch, but perhaps too edgy. I hope their next one is not going to be about abortion...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#7]
break contact, regroup, retake.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A little bubble gum, a little cheese ball.  But a little kick ass.  Overall, thumbs up.  I wouldn’t watch it twice, I won’t reflect on it tomorrow, but it was worth the watch.
View Quote

Where did you watch it?  I put a thread up about this yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's basically Die Hard in a high school.

I'm not aware of any select fire reproduction version of the MP40. So how is it possible Chris Jelick fired single rounds to execute the students at the beginning of the attack in the cafeteria, yet never deployed the folding stock or ever hit anyone after going cyclic? If you are supposed to be familiar enough with an open bolt subgun to fire single shots with tripping the trigger, you should be able to properly deploy it in short burst automatic fire as well. And the MP40 is such an easy gun to shoot full auto. It makes no sense.

The guns in this supposedly pro gun movie were rather horrible McGuffins. And a VERY odd choice for the subject matter of the first DM entertainment venture. Sure, it was fun to watch, but perhaps too edgy. I hope their next one is not going to be about abortion...
View Quote

^Very good points, also I felt the students stuck in the lunch room didn't seem in realistic distress for the situation they were in. I.e. the kid filming acted like it was just another day filming a massacre

I could not get over the fact the kid had a mp40 in full auto, it just seemed too unrealistic. Maybe they were trying to avoid using a ar-15 to prove a point?

The double barrel shotgun seems like a terrible weapon yet the kid always had extra shots somehow.

Also didn't really like the ending, seemed crazy she could just sneak over there and shoot that guy without the cops noticing.

Seemed like the message was, social media is bad, mental health is a problem, authorities are stupid?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#10]
OFFICIAL TRAILER RELEASE: Run Hide Fight

Looks interesting, where can it be watched?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I could not get over the fact the kid had a mp40 in full auto, it just seemed too unrealistic. Maybe they were trying to avoid using a ar-15 to prove a point?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Then is should have been an AC-556 or something like that. I think the angle is that it's a German weapon, an iconic Nazi artifact. But if you know what it is, you also probably know how it's a gucci class collectible. It would make as much sense if they drove a million dollar Becker JetVan with the bomb through the cafeteria doors or the first Volkswagen Kleinbus prototype.

The double barrel shotgun seems like a terrible weapon yet the kid always had extra shots somehow.

Zoe is shown taking shells from Kip and reloading it. Chris is also shown reloading the MP40 once. It's a common gripe with action movies that they don't show reloads matching the number of rounds fired, but nobody but autists care about that level of detail. Movies rarely show people wiping their asses when taking a shit either.

Also didn't really like the ending, seemed crazy she could just sneak over there and shoot that guy without the cops noticing.

Yeah, you wouldn't leave an unsecured firearm unguarded at a scene of multiple shootings, that was just weak sauce.

Seemed like the message was, social media is bad, mental health is a problem, authorities are stupid?

I don't think a county sheriff would be calling the shots in a school massacre and hostage situation. The whole compartmentalize and contain protocol for the entire site for a hostage situation makes very little sense either. You would rather expect small entry teams evacuating and clearing the building and just keeping out of the cafeteria with a smaller primary perimeter around it.

The whole lockdown protocol theory hinges on two things. First of all strong doors that cannot be shot through or breached quickly (barricades are typically useless in a room without emergency escape). Secondly it assumes also external threats. There have been extremely rare cases of shooters outside trying to pick off fleeing students (in addition to Columbine, I can think of only one another case, the Westside Middle School, which was an inspiration to Columbine, also rare in that there were more than one perpetrator). In two other cases the shooters started their overt action outside and then went inside (Sandy Hook and Red Lake).

In contrast there have been a huge number of cases where delayed evacuation has cost lives, including cases where students outside or otherwise within clear avenues of escape have been herded back inside by teachers due to the ill adviced lockdown protocol.

The protocol for unarmed victims should really be Run Run Run. If you are close to a door outside, open the door and run. If you are by a window, grab something heavy, break the window and run.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Ha! I just watched it 20 minutes ago, pretty good.......if you aren't able to imagine a female, teen, Die Hard like lead you better pass on it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I take it this isn't the corporate HR film on how to cower behind your desk when there is an active shooter in your work place?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

^Very good points, also I felt the students stuck in the lunch room didn't seem in realistic distress for the situation they were in. I.e. the kid filming acted like it was just another day filming a massacre

View Quote

Like David Hogg?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kh3jccZocc

Looks interesting, where can it be watched?
View Quote

Legally? Only with a dailywire membership...

But there are other... Methods
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#17]
My sister told me about this and I just watched the preview. It’s our old junior high school!

A lot of movie magic to pull this one off. Lots of glass, open areas, long hallways, no way a couple of guys could hold a building like this without getting greased.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I liked it, that girl was pretty tough. Made the cops look like idiots which seemed a little disingenuous. I recommend it, worth a watch overall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top