User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Annnnnddd I bought one!!!

Ended up paying ~$10 less than the AR I sold to get it.  I'll break it down...  I took one of my budget builds off the wall, took it to my dealer and said I wanted $825 for it.  He said no problem and already had several buyers lined up.  I paid $816 shipped for the 22/45 MKIV Lite.  So instead of it costing me additional money....came out ahead.  

....the build only cost me $400 to begin with!

Thanks again for all of the replies!
View Quote

MSRP on the 22/45 lite is 559.

I paid 420 for a 22/45 tactical less than 2 years ago. Sad times were living in.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I paid 420 for a 22/45 tactical less than 2 years ago. Sad times were living in.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ended up paying ~$10 less than the AR I sold to get it.  I'll break it down...  I took one of my budget builds off the wall, took it to my dealer and said I wanted $825 for it.  He said no problem and already had several buyers lined up.  I paid $816 shipped for the 22/45 MKIV Lite.  So instead of it costing me additional money....came out ahead.  

Yeah it's crazy. OP is happy and I understand the math it's just silly how things are going.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah it's crazy. OP is happy and I understand the math it's just silly how things are going.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, totally.  

Not sure when the 22/45 Mk IV Lite came out but if I had the chance to pay $420 in times of normalcy and keep my AR, I would have.  But I'm also happy with getting rid of a budget build and not having to pay anything out of pocket for a pretty tricked out gun right out of the box.  Only plan I have for it before even trying it is disabling the trigger disconnect/mag safety.  Because fuck PC-Culture!  

Aside from that I'll be buying a handful of mags, a good kydex OWB, and possibly a trigger depending on how the Lite's trigger is.  Never had the motivation to replace my MkII's trigger and that gun cost me close to $1k getting it setup how I wanted it! lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yup, totally.  

Not sure when the 22/45 Mk IV Lite came out but if I had the chance to pay $420 in times of normalcy and keep my AR, I would have.  But I'm also happy with getting rid of a budget build and not having to pay anything out of pocket for a pretty tricked out gun right out of the box.  Only plan I have for it before even trying it is disabling the trigger disconnect/mag safety.  Because fuck PC-Culture!  

Aside from that I'll be buying a handful of mags, a good kydex OWB, and possibly a trigger depending on how the Lite's trigger is.  Never had the motivation to replace my MkII's trigger and that gun cost me close to $1k getting it setup how I wanted it! lol
View Quote

Don't forget a McFadden mag loader.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't know about the MK4 trigger but the MK3 22/45 trigger was garbage.
$100 bought the six-pac of upgrades from TK.
Included the firing pin, the mag disconnect, extractor, LCI delete, extended mag release (didn't use it) and slingshot upgrade.
$50 from VQ got a trigger and sear.
So for $150 on top of the initial $300, I made a very nice target shooter.
Top off with firesights and/or red dot and a good time can be had.
The takedown was still a pain in the dick but improved without the mag disconnect.

Is all of that worth it over the MK4? Maybe, maybe not. At a $100+ premium, the MK4 still has the mag connect and LCI.
Don't know about the slingshot.

What do you want from life?

View Quote

What if I told you the magazine disconnect remover would have fixed 80% of the bad trigger pull. Enough where you never would have bought all the other stuff?  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like my MKIV quite a bit so I picked up another upper to have cut to be a host.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79569/PXL_20210121_184345924_jpg-1794427.JPG
View Quote

So you've got an angry inch huh?

Why chop the barrel so short? Why not just get an integral upper?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Emt1581

You paid 800 fucking dollars for it? Are you out of your fucking mind?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I paid $550 for my Mark IV Lite from Buds a month ago. I was only on the lookout for one for less than a month.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@Emt1581

You paid 800 fucking dollars for it? Are you out of your fucking mind?
View Quote

First and last time.  Take your fucking meds!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ho lee shit. $816??? Not knocking you. Read about what you traded. Paid $275 second hand for my mk3 22/45 and easily one of my favorite pistols after the magazine disconnect remover. I swore a few times putting it in because I have big hands at 6'4" 275lbs. But different times and all that.

Thought just ammo was nuts
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:28:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I would have sold you mine for $800.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not me.  I enjoy it too much.

I certainly would not pay 800 for one, but I can see the logic in OP's mind.  

Sold an item at stupid prices and bought and $$ equivalent at stupid prices.  So to them it's a wash.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The mk4 took the mk3's biggest weakness and turned it into one of its biggest strengths
View Quote

The power of one!

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I like mine. Whatever version of the 22/45 it is. Deleted the mag safety. It makes a nice suppressor host.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sold an item at stupid prices and bought and $$ equivalent at stupid prices.  So to them it's a wash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree,wouldn’t sell mine either. I was just being a smartass. My family & I enjoy the pistol. Buckmark equally as well. The aftermarket is great on the mark 4. I love tinkering. Trigger swap makes these pistols a hoot to shoot. Enjoy your new rimfire op!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My problem is that I have a pile of magazines. I don't see why Ruger couldn't have just made the MKIV 22/45 use the same mags as the MKII and MKIII which are interchangeable. If I were starting over I would go MKIV for sure.

What's stupid money? I have several
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My problem is that I have a pile of magazines. I don't see why Ruger couldn't have just made the MKIV 22/45 use the same mags as the MKII and MKIII which are interchangeable. If I were starting over I would go MKIV for sure.

Quoted:
I recently sold my 22/45 MKIII for stupid money. I will get a MKIV at some point.

What's stupid money? I have several

@ALASKANFIRE I'm not sure about the MKII and non Lite versions, but you can use MKIII Lite mags in the MKIV Lite with just a base plate change. The MKIV mags work in the MKIII Lite without modification and once the MKIV base plates are put on the MKIII mags they will work in both the MKIII and MKIV Lite guns.

I found these baseplates on Ebay (sold by VQ) and I now have 6 mags that I can swap between my MKIII and MKIV Lites.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-MKIV-22-45-Magazine-Base-Plates-Lot-of-10-/224228110280?nav=SEARCH
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Got a MkIV 22/45 tactical about 1.5 years ago. Put the Volquartsen trigger job in there, eliminating the mag safety also. Trigger is amazing. With the Holosun 507c on there with my AAC pilot, it's really hard to beat. I had a MkIII many years ago, and the mkIV is better.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]
MK III for people that are handy, and you can buy the upgrades on clearance.  MK IV is great for the people that don't major in engineering.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Had MK II's and picked up a MKIV 22/45 Tactical.

Love the takedown button and replaced the mag disconnect hardware with a TK Blast Shield, but it didn't actually help the trigger much (still pretty high effort).

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top