Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2021 2:36:44 PM EDT
I've been spending more and more time in the garage (the weights and treadmill are in there now).

It's a 2 car garage, and I typically only park one car in there.

I want to put down some kind of flooring so it's more "inhabitable" feeling.

I think I want to go with the flexible floor tiles. Something I won't panic if spill some oil, but doesn't seem as cold and dark as unfinished concrete.

Anybody have any input on these?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have looked to do something similar. It appears a stall mat (like for a horse) might be a cost-effective way to get it done. It might have a heavy rubbery smell for a while. Still a few hundred bucks depending on the size you are looking for.

I am having trouble sourcing locally. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have looked to do something similar. It appears a stall mat (like for a horse) might be a cost-effective way to get it done. It might have a heavy rubbery smell for a while. Still a few hundred bucks depending on the size you are looking for.

I am having trouble sourcing locally. YMMV
View Quote

I actually have stall mats that I use for my weightlifting equipment. They did smell, but that was gone after a few weeks.

I think I'd rather have something a little "nicer" than stall mats for the main flooring. There are a plethora of vinyl/pvc type options for $2ish/foot.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you looked into something like Racedeck ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top