Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2019 1:55:14 AM EDT
So its been an off and on couple years, some setbacks, a hospitalization and five month hiatus from lifting. Been back three weeks, looking to compete USPA SHW in Mens Open Single Ply this year (September) for a 2K total.

Crawled into the dungeon and squatted tonight and ended up doubling 525. Feels good. Ill (if I can remember where I left this post!) be documenting the next few months here.  Plans are 700 SQ, 575 B, 750 DL.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
@03RN I haven't forgotten the help you gave me a couple years back! Thank you!

Right now I am at 307.5 bodyweight, and I estimate that I need to gain twenty five pounds to fit my shirt and suit correctly. This will be a much leaner 320+ lb than last year, so I am looking at possibly thirty pounds to gain.

My current routine:

Mon

Squat:
5x60%, 5x 75%, 4x 85%, 3 x 90%, 2x95% (6 sets), 1xP1RM (previous 1 RM)

Heavy Holds:
5x120%x30 Sec

Bench
5x60%, 4x75%, 3x 80%, 2x95% (3 sets). 5x75%, 18x50%

Heavy Barbell Step-ups (parallel):
10x50%x5 sets

Tues

Deadlift:
8x50%, 5x60%, 3x80%, 2x90%x5, 1xP1MR

Bench

Wagon Wheel Deadlifts:
2xP1MR (standard Deadlift) for 10 sets

Glute Ham Developer:
5x10-15

Wed

Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy day
(This is where I do all of my accessory and hypertrophy work, curls for the girls, physical therapy, etc. and usually takes around 2.5-3 hrs)

Thurs

Squat
20x50% (2 sets)

Bench
10x50%, 5x75%, 4x85%, 2x90% (5 sets), 1xP1MR (5 attempts)

Slingshot Bench (shirt position)
5x50% E1RM (Equipped 1rm), 1x95% E1RM (5 sets), 1xPE1MR

Pit Shark Squats
8x85% 1RM (5 sets)

Fri

Deadlift:
8x50%, 8x60%, 5x80% (5 sets)

Bench

Rack Pulls (top third, move pin down 1" every week):
3xP1MR+20# (standard Deadlift) for 10 sets

Glute Ham Developer:
5x10-15

Sat/Sun: Rest and Recover

Currently trying to force down 7Kcal a day.

Breakfast starts with a Poundstone-style shake (2# ground cooked chicken, pint of egg whites, 100g spinach thrown in the Vitamix).
The rest of the day consists of a shitload of ground beef, pasta, rice, chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, and the occasional large pizza.
Yesterday I ate twenty tacos from Taco Bell.
I don't obsessively track macros, that's for people who have time between training and eating - which means they don't lift eat or lift enough.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
What were you in the hospital for?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What were you in the hospital for?
View Quote
Laryngealspasm resulting in closed airway being treated incorrectly as severe respiratory.  The corticosteroids were doubled twice and tanked my kidneys. Blacked out at work (thankfully i was AT work) blood sugar of 650+. They never figured out what was causing the laryngealspasm,  but it cleared up over the course of about six months.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck dude
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:48:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good luck dude
View Quote
@rolandofgilead love you bro,  nohomo
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 nohomo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck dude
 nohomo
I don't believe that for a second!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Squat/Bench today for max volume sets @ 80%.

Trying to get my dude to learn to roll me out. Attention span zero, and apparently afraid I'm gonna break. LOL

Nutrition this week is as follows (per day):

5 Cups Cooked Basmati rice
200gr of Sweet Potato
32oz Ground Beef (85/15)
8 Eggs scrambled soft
8oz of pork sausage
Orange Juice (post workout with a teaspoon of salt added)
Two fistfuls of spinach w/ avocado oil,  balsamic vinegar, salt, cracked pepper

Macros? Enough.

I don't buy protein powders or anything like that. EAAs and Pre Workout are as much as I will spend on. The rest is a huge waste of money vs. Eating whole foods. I have noted a significant difference in energy, training, and gains since ditching the supplement game.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Trying to get my dude to learn to roll me out. Attention span zero, and apparently afraid I'm gonna break. LOL

200gr of Sweet Potato
32oz Ground Beef (85/15)
8 Eggs scrambled soft
8oz of pork sausage

Macros? Enough.

I don't buy protein powders or anything like that. EAAs and Pre Workout are as much as I will spend on. The rest is a huge waste of money vs. Eating whole foods. I have noted a significant difference in energy, training, and gains since ditching the supplement game.
View Quote
That's a lot to eat. And I Iike eating

I'm having to supplement protein because I'm trying to lose fat. If I eat only real food I don't get enough.  The powder has its place.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm having to supplement protein because I'm trying to lose fat. If I eat only real food I don't get enough.  The powder has its place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

200gr of Sweet Potato
32oz Ground Beef (85/15)
8 Eggs scrambled soft
8oz of pork sausage

Macros? Enough.

@KaiK without a doubt, it has its place. Just not for me, at this stage.

I love eating. Right now I fucking hate it
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah. You want calories. Kind of pointless to eat something that doesn't have many.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah. You want calories. Kind of pointless to eat something that doesn't have many.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My last meet,  before I got sick last summer,  I really fucked up by overestimating how much I was eating. Which is something I get on the lifters I coach constantly about.  Lol..
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My last meet,  before I got sick last summer,  I really fucked up by overestimating how much I was eating. Which is something I get on the lifters I coach constantly about.  Lol..
View Quote
I had to start tracking what I was eating.  Because i wasn't eating enough protein while losing weight. I thought I was plenty good. Not even close.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had to start tracking what I was eating.  Because i wasn't eating enough protein while losing weight. I thought I was plenty good. Not even close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poundstone shakes are fantastic for cutting and keeping protein up,  and they're really not a big deal at all if you have a good blender like a Vitamix or blendtec. A couple pounds of cooked ground chicken (I simmer in water or steam) halved, fistful spinach, pint of egg whites, water.  Makes two blenders full.  Low calorie, high protein,  fast fuel
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Poundstone shakes are fantastic for cutting and keeping protein up,  and they're really not a big deal at all if you have a good blender like a Vitamix or blendtec. A couple pounds of cooked ground chicken (I simmer in water or steam) halved, fistful spinach, pint of egg whites, water.  Makes two blenders full.  Low calorie, high protein,  fast fuel
View Quote
Oh fuck that.

I'll just do myprotein. Sam's has some that are 30 grams and only 1 gram of sugar that taste pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Got into my bench shirt today,  its it's a little loose,  which sucks because I have to try to push 500 in the AM.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got into my bench shirt today,  its it's a little loose,  which sucks because I have to try to push 500 in the AM.
View Quote
Sounds like you need to eat more.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Been a rough couple wks. The goal for today is to squat 625.

Edit: 606 for two in the suit today and my spotters cut me off. I was outta juice and about to have a panic attack after having not been in my suit under weight squatting ever, and not for deadlifting in a year. It was hard to get to depth with this weight and my suit was a little too big. I'm leaner this year at 340 than last year at 312.

Attachment Attached File

17 weeks out. Adding in three hypertrophy days a week. Bumping calories up to 7kcal/day, not sure how I'll manage without dying because I'm ALWAYS full now and the grocery bill for two of us is 800/mo which is mostly me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Switching programming over to Brian Schwab's M2 Minimalist Equipped method. Looks like good shit, just finished the book.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 4:16:21 AM EDT
[#21]
So, seven hundred pounds happened tonight. The pressure was fucking unbelievable in the Titan squat suit. This will be my opener at Desert Rampage. Updates have been sparse due to 80hr+ work weeks lately.

Attachment Attached File

@03RN @Rolandofgilead
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So, seven hundred pounds happened tonight. The pressure was fucking unbelievable in the Titan squat suit. This will be my opener at Desert Rampage. Updates have been sparse due to 80hr+ work weeks lately.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252849/IMG_20190606_001314_421_jpg-970400.JPG

@03RN @Rolandofgilead
View Quote
Nice!
How much do you weigh now?
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nice!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252849/IMG_20190606_001314_421_jpg-970400.JPG

@03RN @Rolandofgilead
Nice!
327 ish. I bulked to 348 and then trenned pretty hard and shed a lot of water. If I can hold at this BW I'll be golden.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

327 ish. I bulked to 348 and then trenned pretty hard and shed a lot of water. If I can hold at this BW I'll be golden.
View Quote
You weigh over 100 lbs more than me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't even imagine squatting 700#. That's #260 more than I squat and my squat is pretty good
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will squat 1000# before I hit age 35. That's the goal
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I will squat 1000# before I hit age 35. That's the goal
View Quote
That's a lot.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#28]
500.5 lb bench. Shirt cut into arms and i was bleeding a bit. Time for a bigger shirt.

Link Posted: 6/8/2019 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
500.5 lb bench. Shirt cut into arms and i was bleeding a bit. Time for a bigger shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb3irDeB1Gg
View Quote
Strong lifts man. Good luck in your goal.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb3irDeB1Gg
Thanks! I'm super excited.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Deads last night.  
615 off the floor, 675x5 rack pulls from below ther knees.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top