Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QUACK32:
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
Anyone else notice that arf links to youtube no worky?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311920/1597361329267_png-1778334.JPG

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The things I do for date night.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

No Kevin he does not.

Individuals are and you better pay heed to it.
View All Quotes

No Kevin he does not.

Individuals are and you better pay heed to it.

Since it's gradually coming out that arrested people have been found to be leftists and registered democrats, and their excuse for doing stupid shit is often that someone else made them do it (though they can never seem to logically explain how they were made to do it)...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By E-Mag:
Can someone lend some knowledge on if there is a meaning to what looks to be the south Vietnam flags that were present at the rally on the 6th?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177890/Screenshot_20210113-210321_Facebook_jpg-1778403.JPG
View Quote

Trump is very popular with those that fled from south vietnam when it fell, because they love the freedom in this country, and fear the communist are going to take over if the dems take office
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hiyaboa] [#6]
Originally Posted By m35ben:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-PrAczOGb0
View Quote

Just tell em you have money
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:
Saw a blurb about Tennessee talking about having a statue of Dolly Pardon, my mind went 'That's gonna need a lot of ballast to keep it from tipping over'.

View Quote

That would be another Dolly Parton statue.

https://smokymountains.com/sevierville/things-to-do/dolly-parton-statue/
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By cm:

Trump is very popular with those that fled from south vietnam when it fell, because they love the freedom in this country, and fear the communist are going to take over if the dems take office
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cm:
Can someone lend some knowledge on if there is a meaning to what looks to be the south Vietnam flags that were present at the rally on the 6th?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177890/Screenshot_20210113-210321_Facebook_jpg-1778403.JPG

Kinda what I was thinking.  Thanks for the conformation
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

I close to unplugging. I've been so angry these past few days...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:
Originally Posted By Gopher:
Just heard the house now has enough votes on the impeachment resolution, including 10 republicans. 232-197

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16397/RATS_JPG-1777973.JPG

My beautiful state is a fucking embarrassment.

Welcome to my world. If you read GD, I single-handedly caused Trump to lose the election.

I have found that saying 'fuck it', turning off the computer, and relaxing while reading a good book, tends to help.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:

We don't eat bagels here.  Buttermilk biscuits are our thing!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Win1300:

So I can't bring bagels and pizza?  

Biscuits with sausage gravy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#11]

it makes me too sad to repost that.
View All Quotes

it makes me too sad to repost that.

I want one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JPN:

I have found that saying 'fuck it', turning off the computer, and relaxing while reading a good book, tends to help.
View Quote

Yep. Gotta decompress in a healthy fashion from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Kinda what I was thinking.  Thanks for the conformation
View Quote

Trump is very popular with many philippinos, too. they, and the vietnamese, like that he stands up to communism, and took a stand against china aggression.

now, with the new admin, china potentially could be allowed to take over or control the entire western pacific
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I know, I'm expecting that crapshow as well, the hyenas will go after him until he's erased from history.

And yet, despite all the crap he's been through, he still will not concede.  Gotta wonder why.
View Quote

The discovery stage will be epic. Be careful what you ask for.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:50:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#15]

stop you're killing me....
View All Quotes

Guy at the Walmart gun counter told me that Remington Golden Bullets shoot great in everything.

stop you're killing me....

I replied that I had a bolt action rifle that was less than a year old, and Golden Bullets wouldn't even hint at making a group in that rifle (best it could manage was really bad vertical stringing).  

His immediate reply to that, was that there was something wrong with my rifle, since it couldn't be the ammo.

That was the dumbest thing he had said all day, and I let him know that by pointing at the display case and saying "It's that model of rifle, and I bought it at this counter, so are you telling me that you sold me a defective rifle, or that you are trying to sell me defective ammo?"

ETA: That little rifle loved Winchester Wildcats.

ETA2:  To be fair, the Walmart gun counter seems to pressure people on both sides of it to make stupid statements.  Years ago, I walked up to that counter and said "Do you happen to stock 9mm Makarov?"

The guy looked around and said "No, but we do have 9mm Remington and 9mm Winchester,... and I think I saw a box of 9mm Luger somewhere back here."
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Cheaper than roofies.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:00:02 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:
Saw a blurb about Tennessee talking about having a statue of Dolly Pardon, my mind went 'That's gonna need a lot of ballast to keep it from tipping over'.

We have a bridge named after her in south Alabama.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gopher:
Just heard the house now has enough votes on the impeachment resolution, including 10 republicans. 232-197

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16397/RATS_JPG-1777973.JPG

My beautiful state is a fucking embarrassment.

Welcome to my world. If you read GD, I single-handedly caused Trump to lose the election.

Nightly... I read something for about 90 minutes nightly in the fiction category.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MCR:

View All Quotes

Nightly gym helps a bunch too. I rage post way less frequently these days.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

I am going to guess removing someone, just hanging on for life, from a ventilator but probably something else?
View Quote

Correct.

Three.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#22]

I replied that I had a bolt action rifle that was less than a year old, and Golden Bullets wouldn't even hint at making a group in that rifle (best it could manage was really bad vertical stringing).  

His immediate reply to that, was that there was something wrong with my rifle, since it couldn't be the ammo.

That was the dumbest thing he had said all day, and I let him know that by pointing at the display case and saying "It's that model of rifle, and I bought it at this counter, so are you telling me that you sold me a defective rifle, or that you are trying to sell me defective ammo?"

ETA2:  To be fair, the Walmart gun counter seems to pressure people to make stupid statements.  Years ago, I walked up to that counter and said "Do you happen to stock 9mm Makarov?"

The guy looked around and said "No, but we do have 9mm Remington and 9mm Winchester,... and I think I saw a box of 9mm Luger somewhere back here."
View Quote

Was it a Marlin (Remlin) XT22? Mine sucked like that due to the way the foreend flexed the barrel if you rested it in different spots...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By fighter443:

View Quote

I'm confused on this one.  Are they trying to warn us about something coming or just a timing coincidence they posted this at this time?
I'm ready either way for the most part.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#24]

ETA2:  To be fair, the Walmart gun counter seems to pressure people to make stupid statements.  Years ago, I walked up to that counter and said "Do you happen to stock 9mm Makarov?"

View Quote

At least you got them to go bang.

I had some that only 1 out of three would pop. It was ridiculous. CCI's no issue.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#25]

ETA2:  To be fair, the Walmart gun counter seems to pressure people on both sides of it to make stupid statements.  Years ago, I walked up to that counter and said "Do you happen to stock 9mm Makarov?"

View Quote

Sounds like the time I sent the parts girl to the back for Blinker Fluid.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By cm:

Trump is very popular with many philippinos, too. they, and the vietnamese, like that he stands up to communism, and took a stand against china aggression.

now, with the new admin, china potentially could be allowed to take over or control the entire western pacific
View Quote

Numerous countries around the world have had pro-Trump rallies put on by their freedom loving citizens. Each of those have counterpart immigrants here in the US who are participating in our patriotic Trump rallies across the nation. You will see some strange flags at many of these rallies. Do not assume they are interlopers. They are probably mostly wishing that their country would have been more like America, and that America becomes even more like we were meant to be originally. As the USA goes, so do other nations around the world.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#27]

I'm confused on this one.  Are they trying to warn us about something coming or just a timing coincidence they posted this at this time?
View Quote

Yeah I was sitting here thinking, "But I do that anyway". shrug

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

Numerous countries around the world have had pro-Trump rallies put on by their freedom loving citizens. Each of those have counterpart immigrants here in the US who are participating in our patriotic Trump rallies across the nation. You will see some strange flags at many of these rallies. Do not assume they are interlopers. They are probably mostly wishing that their country would have been more like America, and that America becomes even more like we were meant to be originally. As the USA goes, so do other nations around the world.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cm:

I get it. You regularly saw Unites States flags at Hong Kong protests and sometimes Hong Kong flags at United States protests
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:12:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mamasboy:

View Quote

Good 1
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:19:56 AM EDT
[#30]

Good 1
View All Quotes

Good 1

Dad had me looking for the muffler bearing that fell out, when I was around 7, or 8, and kept getting in the way.  Kept me busy, and out of underfoot, for awhile.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:22:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Got it. Don't go to a party at Ben's house. And... noted.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#33]

I'm obviously from the south, but eat biscuits and bagels. Why do I have to choose. Life is too short for me to not have what I want.

I'm currently having an intimate relationship with a cheeseburger, onion rings and a chocolate shake that I just picked up. That relationship will grow old, and I'll choose something else soon. See how that works?
View Quote

Bagels or biscuits, Arfcom says get both!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:29:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hiyaboa] [#34]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Was it a Marlin (Remlin) XT22? Mine sucked like that due to the way the foreend flexed the barrel if you rested it in different spots...
View All Quotes

No, it was a Davy Cricket 'youth rifle' that I bought to teach my daughter how to shoot.  The trigger was nothing to brag about, but it was surprisingly accurate for an inexpensive little rifle (as long as you kept that Remington garbage away from it).  The Golden Bullets were noticeably different in how each shot sounded, and if you took your time with that rifle, the louder shots would hit above center, and the quieter shots would hit below center, but they varied in how high and how low (inconsistent powder charges).

A while after my daughter outgrew it, a guy at work was looking for a rifle to use to teach his grandson how to shoot.  He later told me that rifle was perfect for teaching kids how to shoot (I think I had paid a little over $100 for it, and sold it to him for something like $60).  I made sure that he understood not to use Remington Golden Bullets in it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#36]

I had some that only 1 out of three would pop. It was ridiculous. CCI's no issue.
View All Quotes

I tried them in an AR with a Ciener kit.  Something like 2 rounds per 50 round box wound not even chamber.  The bullet was too large in diameter for the spring to push it into the chamber.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Yeah I was sitting here thinking, "But I do that anyway". shrug

View Quote

The laptop/computer thing is even more confusing.  In a real power outage it would seem unlikely you'll have internet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:38:05 AM EDT
[#38]
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics/capitol-riot-investigation/index.html

Evidence uncovered so far, including weapons and tactics seen on surveillance video, suggests a level of planning that has led investigators to believe the attack on the US Capitol was not just a protest that spiraled out of control, a federal law enforcement official says.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:39:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FALFOX] [#39]
View Quote
All the hints from mil and gov sources for the past week have been about the same thing happening.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:40:56 AM EDT
[#40]

No, it was a Davy Cricket 'youth rifle' that I bought to teach my daughter how to shoot.  The trigger was nothing to brag about, but it was surprisingly accurate for an inexpensive little rifle (as long as you kept that Remington garbage away from it).  The Golden Bullets were noticeably different in how each shot sounded, and if you took your time with that rifle, the louder shots would hit above center, and the quieter shots would hit below center, but they varied in how high and how low (inconsistent powder charges).

A while after my daughter outgrew it, a guy at work was looking for a rifle to use to teach his grandson how to shoot.  He later told me that rifle was perfect for teaching kids how to shoot (I think I had paid a little over $100 for it, and sold it to him for something like $60).  I made sure that he understood not to use Remington Golden Bullets in it.
View Quote

My Cricket 22 rifle is deadly with CCI, Winchester, and Federal ammo. I too avoid the Remington stuff.......
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:11:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FCSD2162] [#41]
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics/capitol-riot-investigation/index.html

Evidence uncovered so far, including weapons and tactics seen on surveillance video, suggests a level of planning that has led investigators to believe the attack on the US Capitol was not just a protest that spiraled out of control, a federal law enforcement official says.

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/5pTaU2JjcSKxLpd3YrQdtsSU4kEL7Wn9zN4oGK234Z4/https/media.8kun.top/file_store/e5f21a20f5bde9b6a421256954ea278de511ba9f560a6c03824cc7842e2efaf1.jpeg?width=294&height=398

View Quote

So now they feel a sense of urgency to do their fucking jobs? This is my shocked face.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:26:14 AM EDT
[#42]

The laptop/computer thing is even more confusing.  In a real power outage it would seem unlikely you'll have internet.
View Quote

True. House wifi would be down.

I can use the hotspot on my phone as long as there is cell service.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:30:12 AM EDT
[#43]

I tried them in an AR with a Ciener kit.  Something like 2 rounds per 50 round box wound not even chamber.  The bullet was too large in diameter for the spring to push it into the chamber.
View Quote

I don't doubt it on bit.

I will never use Remington ammo again except for the .44 mag 180 grn loads. Those things are wicked.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Well I'm out.

See you tomorrow. Hold the fort.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:46:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

We have a bridge named after her in south Alabama.
View Quote

What’s it called, the tig ol bitties bridge?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:49:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Well I'm out.

View Quote

#metoo

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:50:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tnriverluver] [#47]
I read on here somewhere that said happenings were to start on the 14th.  I've seen so much stuff it's hard to keep it all straight now.  May have been related to that June Q post or may have been something else.  All I know is I'm heading to the bank in the morning to grab a few thousand in cash!  Even my mom (85) who is on the other side of the game and only gets msm news is really starting to worry.  She came over today (lives next door) and said I hope you have some guns ready.  I quickly took her into my living room where two ARs are sitting read to go and showed her a couple of others I have out of the safe ready as well.  I think for the first time she is actually glad her son is a gun nut.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:51:41 AM EDT
[#48]
So how long before Xiden and party declare the riot squad as the official militia arm of arfcom and arrest anyone and everyone for conspiracy to believe in the constitution and for believing chili has beans?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Win1300:

So I can't bring bagels and pizza?  

I made these last weekend

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:52:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Well I'm out.

View Quote

Page / 5082
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top