Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2019 11:11:14 PM EDT
Do we have any Resin SLA printer users in here?
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Me.. we use it for prototype work.. extremely detailed, easy to use, but on the expensive side. Our prints can go straight mold making though.. no "print lines" etc..
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you share what are you using (printer/resin type), and do you have any issues with larger thicker block shaped parts warping?
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
After getting used the the process of printing with existing files on a resin printer, I created my own in order to make an alt-az control for my Dobson telescope.
Attachment Attached File

Made with a curtain rod from the thrift store and resin printed parts made in Tinkercad.
Dang thing works!
Attachment Attached File

I have neither the tools nor the skills in order to machine such parts, but the resin parts seem tough as nails.
I changed a lot of the parts following the above pics and replaced some. But with the resin printer, it's cheap as chips.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you share what are you using (printer/resin type), and do you have any issues with larger thicker block shaped parts warping?
View Quote
Formlabs, and several different resins, though the grey engineering resin work well. Nothing warps unless left in the alcohol tanks too long. I use their UV curing oven as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an Elegoo Mars (there's a Mars Pro coming late this month) and I'm still dialing in my slicer (ChiTuBox) settings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top