Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2020 10:48:22 AM EDT
Anyone else besides me waiting for it to release here this Friday???

Already out in Japan???

Watched others play the demo but I can't access it on my ps4, it's there on my re2 screen as a demo but won't play.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
preordered it.  off the weekend so that's the plan
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. I played the heck out of RE2 remake
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Seeing mixed reviews. Everything from just as great as the RE2 remake to the game having a serious identity crisis. I’ll probably wait until it’s on sale. Bigger and likely better games coming out soon.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I preordered it so hopefully I'll be able to start it tomorrow night.

It's pretty short from what I've read about it (like the original), which is nice considering the FF7 remake is out next friday and I don't want to get wrapped up in something long.

The leaked trophy list doesn't look too bad, other than the inferno difficulty one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I preordered it so hopefully I'll be able to start it tomorrow night.

It's pretty short from what I've read about it (like the original), which is nice considering the FF7 remake is out next friday and I don't want to get wrapped up in something long.

The leaked trophy list doesn't look too bad, other than the inferno difficulty one.
View Quote

Yeah, if that's the only "negative" I'll definitely be happy. RE games get their strength in just how repayable they are. I feel like too many games pad themselves out to 10-15 hours to appease that "enough playtime" bullet point. Then I spend the final 3rd of the game just wanting it to end already.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone else besides me waiting for it to release here this Friday???

Already out in Japan???

Watched others play the demo but I can't access it on my ps4, it's there on my re2 screen as a demo but won't play.
View Quote

Tempted to get a VPN and change my location...
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess it's out? DLing right now
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Played it last night.  It's A LOT different than the original.  But it's good.  Very similar to RE 2 remake.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Played it last night.  It's A LOT different than the original.  But it's good.  Very similar to RE 2 remake.
View Quote

How was the RE2 remake?   I see its on sale right now.   I loved the original three games
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How was the RE2 remake?   I see its on sale right now.   I loved the original three games
View Quote

It's fantastic. The gameplay is much different than the original, but I think it allows both games to stand on their own instead of one overshadowing the other.

The zombies are damn terrifying
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's fantastic. The gameplay is much different than the original, but I think it allows both games to stand on their own instead of one overshadowing the other.

The zombies are damn terrifying
View Quote

Thats good to hear, I’ll have to grab it
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:51:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Made it back to the subway station and faced nemesis a few times.

Died twice so far, once from zeds and once from nemesis.

Playing on standard.

It's great to see the way nemesis walks through doors.

Be sure to get all 3 gems!!! Red, blue and green!!!  Blue opens a pouch, red a grenade, I think, lol, and green shotgun stock, or was that red???

Save grenades for nemesis as 1 will usually down him and he'll drop an item box.

Love it so far.

Now on to the sewers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm trying to finish my last RE2 scenario S+ hardcore before I start 3. Have to decide if I want to also start that game on hardcore

I'm looking forward to seeing how the game opens. The original opening cutscene from 3 is one of my all time favorites.
said opening
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Playing carlos, at the hospital and a hunter killed me.

Safe combos and lock combos are the same as in re2 in the police station.

Hospital combo for nurse safe is 9,3, just 2 numbers and you pick up a double mag holder for carlos.

Keep lock pick on at all times for Jill.

Conserve ammo for nemesis fights!!!

Used ALL my grenade launcher rounds when fighting him in his second form.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Playing carlos, at the hospital and a hunter killed me.

Safe combos and lock combos are the same as in re2 in the police station.

Hospital combo for nurse safe is 9,3, just 2 numbers and you pick up a double mag holder for carlos.

Keep lock pick on at all times for Jill.

Conserve ammo for nemesis fights!!!

Used ALL my grenade launcher rounds when fighting him in his second form.
View Quote

Nemesis is easy to down to get the upgrades. You get a Glock Happy Stick the first time, and a Supressor the 2nd time. A grenade/generator explosion will do it.

Just did a Hardcore run in 2 hours, that kinda sucked lol. I think I got perfect dodging mostly down.

The hunters take almost 64 rounds of 5.56, and seem to have a carapace on their faces now.

I purchased a VPN and got to play a bit earlier than everyone else

Anyone surprised by the enemies that actually deep throat you and splooge parasites down your throat? Holy crap Japan.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm trying to finish my last RE2 scenario S+ hardcore before I start 3. Have to decide if I want to also start that game on hardcore

I'm looking forward to seeing how the game opens. The original opening cutscene from 3 is one of my all time favorites.
said opening
View Quote

It's pretty similar, now there's a reason Jill is jumping out of a building on fire.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Took 7hrs for my first run through.

39 saves, 13 deaths.

Excellent game.

Saved a bunch of ammo now that I know to put a mine round on nemesis when he climbs the clock tower then shotgun the weak spot when he falls.

Fuck those pale ass zeds!!!

Had to use magnum on them.

On second run through now.

2hrs in and already at the hospital playing carlos first.

Might make it under 4hrs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Pale heads suck. But Buckshot to the knee slows them down.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Finally time for RE3
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Played nightmare with infinte rocket launcher and it was still tough.

Broke down and bought the 2 defense coins and that helped a lot.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top