Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2022 1:34:05 PM EDT
Reseasoning a 10 year old 100 count glass-top. It was still being used but was only holding low to mid 60% when it had a single 70% gel jar in it. A week into Reseasoning it with 3 Boveda 84% packs these are the numbers:

Digital hydrometer on the top shelf is reading 74%. Analog hydrometer built into the bottom is reading 81%.

Thoughts on those numbers? I'm leaning towards waiting another week to remove the 84% packs and just have the 70% jar in it. I was thinking I should add a second 70% jar to the top but since it's just a 100 count that's probably overkill.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
70% humidity has served me well.  Below that and some of my Rocky Patels start to suffer.  I say RPs because that's what I mostly smoke.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
So I waited 2 full weeks and was holding upper 70's with the 3 boveda 84% packs, while keeping my 70% gel jar in it too.

I took 2 of the boveda packs out, left one in, and went on vacation. I came back a few days ago and it was reading only 65%, and the boveda 84% pack was entirely dried up.

I think my humidor is simply shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top