Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2021 10:47:03 PM EDT
There is no reporting by any major media on this.  Not sure if it is true, and I can't verify.  Passing along in case there are developments, or it's debunked.

https://churchleaders.com/news/388804-massacred-church-tigray-ethiopia.html

Report: 750 Massacred at Church in War-Torn Region of Ethiopia

An estimated 750 people were massacred at the Maryam Tsiyon Church in Aksum, Ethiopia, according to a report. The church (which is reputed to house the Ark of the Covenant) is in Tigray, a region that has been ravaged by violence since last November and which remains unstable.

“Maryam Tsiyon Church has been attacked (local people believe with the aim to take the Ark of Covenant to Addis Ababa),” said a Jan. 9 report from Europe External Programme with Africa (EEPA). EEPA is a Belgium-based non-profit that focuses on promoting human rights in countries in the Horn of Africa. “Hundreds of people hiding in the Maryam Tsiyon Church were brought out and shot on the square in front. The number of people killed is reported as 750.”

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
There is no reporting by any major media on this.  Not sure if it is true, and I can't verify.  Passing along in case there are developments, or it's debunked.

An estimated 750 people were massacred at the Maryam Tsiyon Church in Aksum, Ethiopia, according to a report. The church (which is reputed to house the Ark of the Covenant) is in Tigray, a region that has been ravaged by violence since last November and which remains unstable.

“Maryam Tsiyon Church has been attacked (local people believe with the aim to take the Ark of Covenant to Addis Ababa),” said a Jan. 9 report from Europe External Programme with Africa (EEPA). EEPA is a Belgium-based non-profit that focuses on promoting human rights in countries in the Horn of Africa. “Hundreds of people hiding in the Maryam Tsiyon Church were brought out and shot on the square in front. The number of people killed is reported as 750.”

View Quote

View Quote

Call BS "rumored to hold the ark of the covenant" ? Sounds like bogus 100%.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Come on Ethiopia, get your shit together.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It belongs in a museum!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It belongs in a museum!
View Quote

Dude its not there this sounds like bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn that Belloq.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't remember that line in the movie.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve seen a documentary on it, that some believe that it’s there.

Wait.......lol, documentary. Scratch that.......it was some Josh Gates ‘Expedition Unknown’ stuff.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Surely Joe could smooth everything over in the region with a cool $10 billion.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It belongs in a museum!

Is that the same area in which the local blacks have Jewish DNA or some such? There's a decent amount of evidence to support the idea that at some point, there was a Jewish influence in the region from what I've read. I don't recall the source though, so it could have been the crazy haired "aliens" guy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#11]
One of my girlfriends' employees ( a very sweet, educated and incredible young woman) is from Ethiopia and is terrified she is going too lose her family over there... it's pretty damn crazy right now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well they've been claiming to hold it for a while and there is a history/back story of how it was moved there.  I believe this is the church where a priest lives there full time and never leaves, and he's the only one allowed to see it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#13]
TIA.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is that the same area in which the local blacks have Jewish DNA or some such? There's a decent amount of evidence to support the idea that at some point, there was a Jewish influence in the region from what I've read. I don't recall the source though, so it could have been the crazy haired "aliens" guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It belongs in a museum!

There's tons of evidence supporting the claim that the Ark is there, except there's just one problem: they won't let anyone see it to prove the claim.

Just take it "on faith", I guess.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ethopians speak an Afro Asiatic language and are related to other Semites so yeah, Jewish influence sounds feasible and probably happened.This whole story sounds like bullshit though, there would definitely be evidence by now of the Ark of the Covenant and the massacre but we have seen nothing. Hell, if it was there Israel would have taken it 40 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because it probably isn't true doesn't mean that the locals don't still believe it is.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#17]
OMG horrible right-wing white-supremacist violent terrorists!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Come on, it's the 21st century. Shit like that can’t happen anymore!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#19]
If only they had some "Gun Free Zone" signs.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well they've been claiming to hold it for a while and there is a history/back story of how it was moved there.  I believe this is the church where a priest lives there full time and never leaves, and he's the only one allowed to see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have said it for generations.

It may be the wooden box.

But the True Ark of the Covenant is the Virgin Mary.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If only they had some "Gun Free Zone" signs.

View Quote

Right? The sign would have turned the soldiers into stone upon laying eyes on it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh for the days of Haile Selassie.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#23]
BS I saw a documentary that it was put in a government wearhouse.  They got it from some nazis.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#24]
So, who did the killing? Some group that needs sheltering by the media? No way, not again!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#25]
And?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#26]
just another day in Africa?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So, who did the killing? Some group that needs sheltering by the media? No way, not again!
View Quote

Supposedly the Ethopian army, not Muslims if thats what you mean.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:24:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many historians feel the Ark is in Ethiopia.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
They are wrong.

It's in a big warehouse in the U.S. desert. Top Men are working on it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:47:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They are wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are wrong.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#31]
The wife of a guy I work with is Tigray, and they both live in Ethiopia. I'll ask him about it when I see him later this week.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
TIA.
View Quote

, Danny.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:55:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Who knows if it’s really there but I have heard the claim that it is years ago. It’s just one of many places people speculate it may have ended up. The church claims it’s there.

I think I learned this fact from “Action Bronson and Friends watch Ancient Aliens”.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Hopefully, BLM will be protesting there
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes this. The lost tribe.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a (Coptic, if i recall ) church monastery in Ethiopia  that claims to hold the Ark. The documentary i saw on this was filmed like twenty years ago. Viewng the Ark was denied by the head priest, so it may just be BS, but the clergy members were armed with rifles. Apparently the local majority in that area are fundy muslims. Thus the clergy walking around armed with AKs. They were armed because the local Muzzies had attacked them before.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:21:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes this. The lost tribe.
View Quote

The Melodians (The Harder They Come) - Rivers Of Babylon

PSALM 137

...After Nebuchadnezzar II's successful siege of Jerusalem in 597 BC, and subsequent campaigns, inhabitants of the Kingdom of Judah were deported to Babylonia, where they were held captive until some time after the Fall of Babylon (539 BC). The rivers of Babylon are the Euphrates river, its tributaries, and the Tigris river.

Psalm 137 is a hymn expressing the yearnings of the Jewish people during their Babylonian exile. In its whole form of nine verses, the psalm reflects the yearning for Jerusalem as well as hatred for the Holy City's enemies with sometimes violent imagery.

Rabbinical sources attributed the poem to the prophet Jeremiah,[3] and the Septuagint version of the psalm bears the superscription: "For David. By Jeremias, in the Captivity."[4]

PSALM 137 Verses 1–4
The early lines of the psalm describe the sadness of the Israelites in exile, weeping and hanging their harps on trees. Asked to "sing the Lord's song in a strange land", they refuse.

1. By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
2. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
3. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
4. How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It belongs in a museum!

Well, the evidence is strong enough that a lot of Ethiopian Jews went (back) to Israel.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She has the sacred stones in her?

I think I saw her act one night when I was on Floston Paradise.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
They have had the claim for years.

Who knows if it is or not.  But this claim is not anywhere near new.  Some accept it to be true.

I don't know.  But you have no way of knowing if it is bogus or not.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#41]
There's only one way to stop this type violence - seize the firearms of every law-abiding white male within a 200 mile radius of Chicago, IL.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Andrew Zimmern from Bizarre Foods IIRC did a couple of episodes in Ethiopia.  Interesting food.

Ethiopian food on Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern

ETA:  My father likes to travel around the world and spent a whole month in Ethiopia a few years ago.  He’s been there a few times, including once to hike with my brother in preparation for Mount Kilimanjaro.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#43]
So "some people did some things"?

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#44]
So the 750 killed are from a group associated with Isis. The Tigray area revolted  and went house to house murdering people (about 10k killed). The govt is going scorched earth against them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:23:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There's tons of evidence supporting the claim that the Ark is there, except there's just one problem: they won't let anyone see it to prove the claim.

Just take it "on faith", I guess.
View Quote
If I had the Ark I would prefer you to believe it was all bullshit too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:36:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Someone sneak into to the church and decide to take a peak?

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#47]
COVID got em
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:09:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Most relevant info is who was killed by whom and its not in op so..
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:17:37 AM EDT
[#49]
You know the drill...If the Religion of Peace is massacring people, enslaving people, making sex slaves out of women etc. etc. [all of which their religion condones since their own prophet did this when he gained power] - then it gets no air time by our propaganda media. It would make Islam look bad and that's now allowed.

Now if Christians did this in the name of Christianity, hoo boy, it would be on the front cover of every news site and newspaper for the next few weeks and Biden would demand that the UN send a ground force to wipe them out
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:01:17 AM EDT
[#50]
So BLM aren't all up in this crying foul?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top