Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2022 11:44:15 PM EDT
I need to find some of the 10mm bolts that hold the window regular mechanism into the door of my 'new' station wagon. (02 Suburban 2500) I've found the cornucopia of all things fastener, but even filtering for GM, there's a billion options. I'm pulling up nothing on Rock Auto, and I don't have a good enough search for Google to be my friend.

Does anyone have the part number or a link for these bare silver colored 10mm bolts?

Could this be it?
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-m10x1-5x35-multi-purpose-bolt-11515767

Or, recommendations for an Atlanta area pick-a-part that might have a similar truck wagon I can pull some interior door panels from, and snag a few bolts while I'm there?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Doubt those are 10mm bolts. They should be 6mm. The bolts are sized by the bolt diameter and thread pitch not the wrench size of the head. A 10 mm wrench size bolt is generally 6mm
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 12:42:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Take out a bolt that screws into hole. Go to ACE hardware, match bolt, assemble your door.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:13:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take out a bolt that screws into hole. Go to ACE hardware, match bolt, assemble your door.
View Quote

This.  

Seriously doubt it's anything completely one-off from the way you describe it.  Pic?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Find a bolt supply store and take a bolt over to match.  You will probably get an entire box of them for the price of two or three at ACE.

Here, we have Copper State.

LMC Truck might have the OEM parts for you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#5]
My step-daughter's husband hit road debris and wiped out the bottom of the radiator support on a 2013 Huyndai - radiator, a/c core, slpash guards, bumper cover - whole 9 yards.  I too went nuts trying to order factory bolts.  I work in a hospital data center and the day before I put it all back together I had been decomming 6 physical servers so I had 24 10mm head metric rack mount screws in my pocket.  The threads matched the inserts in the glass-fiber reinforced radiator support that everything else bolted to.  I did have to add washers to a few of them.  The silve color is likely cdadmium or zinc plating.  If corrosion is a concern, stailess steel fasteners should only be a little bit more.  Washers are easy to add if needed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes - it's a 10mm head, not a 10mm shaft.

I'd have one to compare, but I didn't think of it before I already had the interior skins buttoned back up. I'll go pull one sometime once I've slowed down on the mental curses being thrown its way.

I might as well pull a fender support strut screw to match up too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top