Page / 2
Posted: 2/10/2015 11:05:50 PM EDT
What works ?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Belt sander
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife got a battery powered grinder that seems to work pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife got a battery powered grinder that seems to work pretty good.
View Quote

^^this^^
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Pumice stone- you can buy them at Target, CVS, etc.  Don't get a real coarse one as you'll quickly take off too much skin before you know it.  Someone on here's recommended Johnsone's Foot Soap a while back and I gotta say, the stuff works pretty well to soak your feet in.  O'Keeffe's is another product that works well for hands and feet, especially during the winter when my hands crack after working outside.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
i get really dry skin because i refuse to put lotion on myself.  i have a piece of 60 grit belt sand paper in the shower.  when they get real bad, i let them soak in the shower then go to town on my heels.  works pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I just soak my feet every 3-4 days for 30 minutes or so and rub it off. Once you get a routine in, it doesn't build up
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I just use a good sharp pocket knife
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Just get a pedicure.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just get a pedicure.
View Quote

There's a nail/pedicure place just down the street. Bunch of hot-looking young Vietnamese women

Barring this I found that Sally Beauty Supply (found everywhere in the USA) carries a line of "Mr. Pumice" products.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Get a pedicure. My boyfriend loved it when I got him one, just get it upgraded if your feet really need it. Also bring a lady friend if you feel awkward, I am always looking for an excuse to get my feet done.
Also Kerasol has an awesome heel cream. Coat it on your feet at night and wear cotton socks. Later soak your feet and take a pumice stone to them. If you go to a beauty supply place like Sally's they can help you pick one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#12]
My mother used to have some large dried fish scales, not sure what type of fish, but they worked great on foot callouses.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Ped-Egg...No joke!
Like a mini cheese grater
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Think Home Depot.....no BS buy or use one of those 3M sponge blocks....120 grit...so good my wife stole my idea. Can eve use wet....cheap effective...and still works on wood projects.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#15]
go to the doc you have foot AIDS. Seriously you may have a fungus messing up your feet.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Foot file

Play on the pc, watch a movie, file down your heels.  Spread the gratings like Parmesan cheese on your pizza.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What works ?
View Quote

Go see a licensed pro for a pedicure.

Don't take this shit lightly. If you remove too much skin, it'll come back worse.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Be careful about nail salons. Most don't sanitize properly. They reuse tools without proper cleaning and their foot baths are often not properly sanitized.

I prefer to buy my own tools and do it at home.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#19]
better shoes and socks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Why?

You'll just make new ones.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Be careful about nail salons. Most don't sanitize properly. They reuse tools without proper cleaning and their foot baths are often not properly sanitized.

View Quote

The Asian salons are often questionable. One person will be licensed and the rest just work there.

If you go to a good salon, you should be fine. Everyone's license with their photo should be on the wall.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The Asian salons are often questionable. One person will be licensed and the rest just work there.

If you go to a good salon, you should be fine. Everyone's license with their photo should be on the wall.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question - How do you identify a good one?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#23]
80 Grit
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Asking gorgeous women where they go is one way...

Another way is to use google maps. Search "Salons near zipcode" and then check reviews.

I think you can kinda tell by looking at the place, at least to some degree... but I'd still ask around.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Another way is to use google maps. Search "Salons near zipcode" and then check reviews.
I think you can kinda tell by looking at the place, at least to some degree... but I'd still ask around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really don't think there's any way to see unless you personally know the lady doing the work. Even fancy, highly recommended people will skip the autoclave.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... I got in trouble once for staring at ladies feet and asking questions

Google reviews sound like a good option.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just say "I'm looking for a good salon, any suggestions?"

Use Google reviews as well as facebook.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#28]
going to +1 on the pedicure thing
I resisted my wife for years and finally gave in

although I didnt care for the process  
it was painless and the chairs have built in massagers
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Foot file
http://leenailsupply.com/img/product/07272012_095024_1946.jpg
Play on the pc, watch a movie, file down your heels.  Spread the gratings like Parmesan cheese on your pizza.
View Quote

^This right here. It's what a PedEgg wants to be.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#30]
nevermind, I thought this was GD

carry on
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Dremel motor tool with grinding bit.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's a terribad idea.

Just go to the beach.

Nothing removes dead skin like sand

Afterwards, apply some good lotion.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#33]
plus one on belt sander
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Actually used a metal file last time. Typically just rub my heals in circles on the concrete while sitting on porch but the last time they were so far gone I pulled my metal file out of the garage and went to town.  That cleaned them up nicely
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Get a PedEgg and whatever foot lotion that is marketed to women.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Costco sells a little rotary sanding unit designed to do exactly what the OP asks about.  It works great.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Like some others have said, get a foot file/rasp. They take the callused skin off really fast, but they don't cut into the healthy skin underneath at all. I'm not really sure how they do it. You don't use them with wet feet. I've tried screwing around with dremel bits and sandpaper, the rasp is much, much, much better.

This is the one I got

http://www.amazon.com/Microplane-Colossal-Pedicure-Rasp-Foot/dp/B00756HQNQ
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what my podiatrist uses except with a rotary sander.
Just go slow and be careful.
Dremel markets one for dog groomers but it is the same as the regular cordless one.
Dremel7300. Check amazon
It is usually cheaper than the ped egg.

Actually with mt insurance it costs 20 dollars a month for a doctor visit.
Plus the doctor is a hottie.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's a terribad idea.

Just go to the beach.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a terribad idea.

Just go to the beach.

I had an ingrown toenail and the podiatrist used a Dremel when I asked about the callouses on my feet.  He had 5 of them on charges and pulled it out and went around both of my feet to remove the dead skin and callouses.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What works ?
View Quote

Metal file works better than any "foot scraper" device
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#41]
A Vietnamese women
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Costco sells a little rotary sanding unit designed to do exactly what the OP asks about.  It works great.
View Quote

Are you referring to the Amope' "Pedi Perfect"?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 3:30:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Gold Bond Diabetic Skin Cream.  Had this problem for years and asked my podiatrist to prescribe me something.  The Gold Bond is what he recommended.  He said they prescribed creams for years, but the Gold Bond does just as well.  Takes several weeks, but it works.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Couple days at the beach.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Johnson's Foot Soap once or twice a week for a month.

I had athletes foot, rough feet and a fungi toenail.

Followed the directions and after a month it worked for me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#46]
I use my wife's pumice stone... she gets angry
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
  Someone on here's recommended Johnsone's Foot Soap a while back and I gotta say, the stuff works pretty well to soak your feet in.
View Quote
Johnsons foot soap works. I'm a big guy on his feet on construction sites for 10-12 hours a day up and down ladders and staging. I would not be able to do it without a weekly or biweekly Johnsons soap foot bath. Careful if you take a shower right after, your feet will be slippery.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Local place here does pedicures for men and you get a few free beers while you're there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
....Just go to the beach.

View Quote
The seawater also probably has a role. Dermatologists often recommend soaking the feet in hypertonic saline (salt water), to help alleviate this. Seawater has salt at a concentration of about 3 to 3.5%.

Purchase sea salt from a soap maker supply store. For 1 liter of 3% salt, also called 3% saline, dissolve 30 grams in 1 liter of water. It can be weighed on a digital scale. You just need enough water to cover the hyperkeratotic areas, i.e., 1/2 to 1 inch deep in a basin.

Soak feet for a few minutes in the saline, then start working on the hyperkeratotic areas with a pumice stone or one of the other devices mentioned above. The water will become cloudy with the removed excess epidermal material, which is mostly dead epidermal cells, after doing this for 5-10 minutes.

Rinse feet with tap water, then apply your favorite moisturizer. Tiny amounts of petroleum jelly (white petrolatum) works great for this purpose. The skin is already saturated with water and salt, and the petrolatum serves to slow the rate of water loss from the skin. Socks can be worn after applying the petrolatum.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I've used the stones in the past but fuck that shit tickles and I can only handle so much!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top