Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/13/2021 9:33:48 PM EDT
Dupe?  (I searched, but we know how the search feature works.)

---------------------------
The Remington ammunitions plant in Lonoke is back in operation, Remington Outdoors President Jason Vanderbrink told American Rifleman on Monday.

Remington Outdoors declared bankruptcy in 2020 after supply-chain issues made it difficult for the company to obtain the raw materials needed to fulfill its orders. Employees were laid off and production lines stopped.

But following the bankruptcy, Vista Outdoor, parent company of Federal Premium, purchased most of Remington’s trademarks along with the Lonoke plant, one of the largest ammunitions facilities in the country.  

Vanderbrink told American Rifleman that production now is “flowing,” and Vista intends to prioritize the plant.

“You know what? I am sick and tired of not being able to find Remington ammunition on the shelves,” he said. “We are fixing that. American manufacturing is about to roar, and Remington ammunition is back. Our workforce is doing fantastic, and our raw material suppliers have really come through, so now, Remington’s going 24/7, and everyone will get to enjoy the quality ammunition that Lonoke makes.

“It took 205 years to build this brand, and we will never, ever sacrifice quality.”
--------------------------

Link

What ammo do they make there?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Dupe?  (I searched, but we know how the search feature works.)

---------------------------
The Remington ammunitions plant in Lonoke is back in operation, Remington Outdoors President Jason Vanderbrink told American Rifleman on Monday.

Remington Outdoors declared bankruptcy in 2020 after supply-chain issues made it difficult for the company to obtain the raw materials needed to fulfill its orders. Employees were laid off and production lines stopped.

But following the bankruptcy, Vista Outdoor, parent company of Federal Premium, purchased most of Remington’s trademarks along with the Lonoke plant, one of the largest ammunitions facilities in the country.  

Vanderbrink told American Rifleman that production now is “flowing,” and Vista intends to prioritize the plant.

“You know what? I am sick and tired of not being able to find Remington ammunition on the shelves,” he said. “We are fixing that. American manufacturing is about to roar, and Remington ammunition is back. Our workforce is doing fantastic, and our raw material suppliers have really come through, so now, Remington’s going 24/7, and everyone will get to enjoy the quality ammunition that Lonoke makes.

“It took 205 years to build this brand, and we will never, ever sacrifice quality.”
--------------------------

Link

What ammo do they make there?
View Quote

Golden boolits. 22 prices will normalize
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe their .22 will actually work this time.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Bad ass.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Made there...
Pistol cartridges.
22lr.
I'm sure there is probably a rifle cartridge line as well.
Let the ammo flow!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear it.  Hopefully they can use some of Federal's QC and produce better quality ammo.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Bring it, fellas.  Let the Spice flow.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Bring on the $0.17/rd of 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Highly doubtful it will even be able to put a small dent in demand at this point. Will take them years to catch up . The shortage is going to drive demand for hunting calibers. And people are going to buy every single box they find instead of the one box a year like they used to. Thats not even factoring in hoarders and resellers.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Remington Outdoors declared bankruptcy in 2020 after supply-chain issues made it difficult for the company to obtain the raw materials needed to fulfill its orders. Employees were laid off and production lines stopped. This is unmitigated bullshit!
Remington stopped paying its vendors and then the would only send product on a COD basis!
This was company wide!
Not just Lonoke but all plants were affected by gross mismanagement and corporate raiders raiding the company for every last dime they could wring out of Remington.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remington Outdoors declared bankruptcy in 2020 after supply-chain issues made it difficult for the company to obtain the raw materials needed to fulfill its orders. Employees were laid off and production lines stopped. This is unmitigated bullshit!
Remington stopped paying its vendors and then the would only send product on a COD basis!
This was company wide!
Not just Lonoke but all plants were affected by gross mismanagement and corporate raiders raiding the company for every last dime they could wring out of Remington.
View Quote

To be fair...that is a supply chain issue.  Stop paying suppliers...suppliers stop sending supplies.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link in a email I got today from Remington ammo. 3.5 minutes long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CXOrlrgbFY

ETA....

The video link I posted is in the American Rifleman linked article that was within the OP.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Trash ammo in my opinion, but it should help the market stabilize hopefully.

I’m honestly surprised the foreign ammo market hasn’t picked up and flooded the market
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
and will it be dirty as fuck too
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Went by there the other day.....cars in the parking lot and plenty of them
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#17]
For whatever reason my g44 eats golden bullets up. Bring em on.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Can they just make more American Eagle there instead?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Screw the haters.

Bring the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Good, now pump it out!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought (and I may be mistaken) is one major rate limiting production issue is primer availability. 4 companies make almost all of the primers and their production are prioritizing deliveries to ammo production vs selling to reloaders.

If they aren't making primers at the facility then I doubt there is going to much difference in centerfire round availability/price drop until demand drops on the consumer end.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Good.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Remington ammo?

You ammo poors must REALLY be desperate...

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Any word on their firearms line?
I for one was perfectly happy with the two new 870s I bought shortly before they went under. And the rifles and shotguns I handled at the stores had no faults that I could spot.
Remington guns were good in my book, I don't care what anyone says. Admittedly, I kinda wish they hadn't screwed up the R51 like they did.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#25]
The ammunition and the firearms are two different companies now.  Not even a shred of common ownership.  Kind of like Winchester firearms and ammunition.

I like Remington ammo.  The .38 Special and 9mm JHP loads are quite good.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ETA....

The video link I posted is in the American Rifleman linked article that was within the OP.
View Quote

He isn't sick of the virtue signaling though.    fucking masks, and then points at the US Flag.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Always a welcome sight on I-40.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He isn't sick of the virtue signaling though.    fucking masks, and then points at the US Flag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA....

Yes, very true.  However, Federal (aka Vista) will make Remington great again.

That's what's really important.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Their ammo is trash but maybe it will help the demand with the uninformed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Did Sierra buy the Barnes ammo line ?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Their ammo is trash but maybe it will help the demand with the uninformed.
View Quote

It's basically Federal ammo now, so I expect quality to have improved.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Cmon primers!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
IIRC that facility hadn't had any maintenance in about 5 years and had been at 1/3rd capacity for a while.  Hopefully they fixed everyone and are getting it back to 100%.
View Quote
Jesus, the prior owners really ran that company/brand into the ground. I knew it was bad but didn't know it was that bad
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CXOrlrgbFYETA....
View Quote

Nice....glad they are up and running....we need more ammo in this Country....I hope people have learned and are going to stock up.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Cmon primers!!!
View Quote

Hahahahhahahha they will say the same BS as ATK. "They are all going to production of Ammunition". Right. So where's all this ammo?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#37]
That's some American sprit right there! Fuck yeah.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hahahahhahahha they will say the same BS as ATK. "They are all going to production of Ammunition". Right. So where's all this ammo?
View Quote

On gunbroker. for $1.50 a pop.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd like to see some shotgun target ammo.  We've had 2 pallets on order since October, may get them next month. Maybe.

Have enough ammo to get through leagues and that's it.  We have shoots scheduled, but won't have any ammo available for competitors to purchase.  We have a shoot coming up in about 3 weeks that will normally need 6 to 8 pallets of ammo (usually there is a vendor on site selling ammo, but he won't be there this year.)
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Good. I like their short barrel Golden Saber load in my .38 special snubby
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Good, I just used the last the last my 36gr hollow point sub sonics up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:06:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Dear "Remington":

Know the market.  Plinker 5.56mm, 7.62mm, and 9mm.  Don't waste time with 45 GAP and 30-30 Win.  

Sincerely,

Fucking everyone.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Any word on their firearms line?
I for one was perfectly happy with the two new 870s I bought shortly before they went under. And the rifles and shotguns I handled at the stores had no faults that I could spot.
Remington guns were good in my book, I don't care what anyone says. Admittedly, I kinda wish they hadn't screwed up the R51 like they did.
View Quote

Ilion plant is just starting up this week, 870 line being the first to open. Huntsville is no more, they are supposed to get their shit out of the plant so Huntsville can get a new tenant.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Dear "Remington":

Know the market.  Plinker 5.56mm, 7.62mm, and 9mm.  Don't waste time with 45 GAP and 30-30 Win.  

Sincerely,

Fucking everyone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:25:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Always a welcome sight on I-40.
View Quote

Lee Ann Womack - A Little Past Little Rock (Official Video)
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's basically Federal ammo now, so I expect quality to have improved.
View Quote

To be fair, Remington always had better brass than Federal for 270, 308, 30-06, and similar rifle calibers.  And their 38 Special +P 148gr LSWCHP is the best for that loading.  Sadly they discontinued the scalloped 125gr Core-Lokt 357 Magnum loading several years ago.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Good. I like their short barrel Golden Saber load in my .38 special snubby
View Quote

Yep. I like the 9mm and .45 ACP Golden Saber. About 2 or 3 years ago a vendor at a local gun show had .50 cal cans filled with both calibers of Golden Saber projectiles.
I bought 2 .50 cal cans full of the projectiles just for reloading. My 9mm AR loves the Golden Saber bullets.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:39:48 AM EDT
[#49]
It will be nice when the magic mushroom is back on the shelf again.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top