Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2019 8:22:31 PM EDT
I'm watching 13 Hours (for the 20th time) and am curious about something.

Has any senior "official", or high ranking mitary personnel, (even retired), came out and confirmed that there was a stand down order to NOT respond?

If this has been previously covered, I can't find the threads or answers.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry your girl lost

Edit: I apologize for my comment. I was trying to be edgy but realize it’s not nice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Read the book.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If Im not mistaken I believe a retired Admiral said something but can't remember exactly.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If Im not mistaken I believe a retired Admiral said something but can't remember exactly.
View Quote
An Admiral who was forced to retire?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
There wouldn't have to be a stand down order. If no cross border authorization is given by the president, it would be the same in effect as a stand down.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Read the book.
View Quote
Or, if it's more convenient, post your question on a discussion forum like, I don't know, maybe GD.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't there a reaction force that was on the pad ready to launch?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry your girl lost

Edit: I apologize for my comment. I was trying to be edgy but realize it's not nice.
View Quote
Lol. I didn't vote for the girl.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Read the book.
View Quote
10-4
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There wouldn't have to be a stand down order. If no cross border authorization is given by the president, it would be the same in effect as a stand down.
View Quote
Ok. Understood.

But we had already done air strikes in Libya. And, if POTUS says "no go" someone was there to receive, and pass that command on to potentially responding units.

Or no?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Or, if it's more convenient, post your question on a discussion forum like, I don't know, maybe GD.
View Quote
Well, I'm guessing GD is faster than reading a book.

soooooo.....
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Has any senior "official", or high ranking mitary personnel, (even retired), came out and confirmed that there was a stand down order to NOT respond?

Thanks
View Quote
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/13-hours-yes-there-evidence-stand-down-order-benghazi/

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jul/18/mark-geist/stand-down-story-ignores-critical-facts-about-effo/

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/benghazi-movie-stand-down-order-debate-217622
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Didn't one of the SEAL dudes talk about using a laser to paint targets?

Think about this.  Why would you put down your actual weapon to paint a target if there wasn't an appropriate air asset on site to hit that target?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, you could read the Wikipedia entry on the attack.

John Wick is on A&E if you think that steaming piece of shit, White House Down with that scumbag shitbird Jamie Foxx, is a fucking insult following 13 Hours.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, they managed to get 2 Delta guys there to secure the SCIF. So somebody was close by. From the things I've picked up, you had a Delta Squadron in Rota, SF CIF near the gulf, a NSW Det in Africa and Marines on ships off the coast of Africa and in the Gulf as well. Question is, why weren't they sent?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#17]
They weren't just buying up the leftover MANPADS and small arms left over from Muammar Gaddafi's hidden military caches to destroy them.  Air support was the closest and quickest response because everyone else was so far away.  The jets did not leave the tarmac but had pilots sitting in them waiting.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well, you could read the Wikipedia entry on the attack.

John Wick is on A&E if you think that steaming piece of shit, White House Down with that scumbag shitbird Jamie Foxx, is a fucking insult following 13 Hours.
View Quote
I've seen John Wick many times as well. I flipped it to a show about Folsom prison. Lol. Until this bores me and I start surfing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#19]
You know when your parents say they are more disappointed in you than angry and it hits you like a ton of bricks. That is how I felt after watching this movie. Assuming this movie is 95% factual, how certain scum politicians can do that goes beyond making me angry. Just totally disappointed in the country and the fact there wasn't more collective anger over FBHO & FHRC abandoning our guys.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#20]
CBA for the airstrikes would be limited in scope: time, place, targets, etc.  Even had we done an airstrike the day before it wouldn't have granted authorization to do it for the Benghazi attack.

Rules for police actions are vastly more constrained than a declared war.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#21]
The background is that the ambassador and others were supplying missiles which wound up in the hands of terrorists further in the Mid East which were used at a US helicopter, they forgot to arm it and we picked it up and traced it.

NO authorization for sale or delivery to these people or who initially received them was ever approved.

Hillary just did it - illegally - and the team was eliminated by alerting the locals to take them out. Cue the story about a youtube video . . .

He Who Has No Name likely played a part in that. That senator had contacts and is photographed with enemies of the United States in conference.

With everybody who had hands on knowledge dead, end of story as far as HRC was concerned. Horrible? Not when you start off your career taking out two small boys who saw you running drugs at a small airport in Mena AR.

HRC has offed more enemies and personal security than any other politician in the history of the United States. There is a reason why Trump got MS13 out of the country and why we need to close the border rather than just let them walk back in.

In the last seconds of El Chapo's trial, just before they closed the doors, he was naming who he'd paid off besides the President of Mexico, and the name "Pelosi" was audibly heard as the doors were being slammed shut.

If you consider the possibility then things fall into place and a lot of questions get answered. We've been sold out for a long time.

Wake up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The background is that the ambassador and others were supplying missiles which wound up in the hands of terrorists further in the Mid East which were used at a US helicopter, they forgot to arm it and we picked it up and traced it.

NO authorization for sale or delivery to these people or who initially received them was ever approved.

Hillary just did it - illegally - and the team was eliminated by alerting the locals to take them out. Cue the story about a youtube video . . .

He Who Has No Name likely played a part in that. That senator had contacts and is photographed with enemies of the United States in conference.

With everybody who had hands on knowledge dead, end of story as far as HRC was concerned. Horrible? Not when you start off your career taking out two small boys who saw you running drugs at a small airport in Mena AR.

HRC has offed more enemies and personal security than any other politician in the history of the United States. There is a reason why Trump got MS13 out of the country and why we need to close the border rather than just let them walk back in.

In the last seconds of El Chapo's trial, just before they closed the doors, he was naming who he'd paid off besides the President of Mexico, and the name "Pelosi" was audibly heard as the doors were being slammed shut.

If you consider the possibility then things fall into place and a lot of questions get answered. We've been sold out for a long time.

Wake up.
View Quote
You have a cite for this?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

soooooo.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

soooooo.....
Sorry, my post was meant to be a shot at stoner 63.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Try his news letter.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wake up.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

So, Pelosi on the left, Beto O'Rourke behind her, having a meeting with corrupt ex Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto...

makes El Chapo's claim more believable?

and He Who Shall Not Be named? McStain? I've seen the pics of him with Bashar Al Assad, and ISIS commanders...
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
Stand down from what response scenario?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:09:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Watch these three YouTube videos with retired CIA operations officer Clare Lopez to find out more about what was going in in Benghazi.

https://youtu.be/ez8h4B-ndu4

https://youtu.be/B0BgISe-fhg

https://youtu.be/gqvE4yKf-gY

Biography
Clare M. Lopez is a strategic policy and intelligence expert with a focus on Middle East, national defense, WMD, and counterterrorism issues. Specific areas of expertise include Islam and Iran. Lopez began her career as an operations officer with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), serving domestically and abroad for 20 years in a variety of assignments, and acquiring extensive expertise in counterintelligence, counternarcotics, and counterproliferation issues with a career regional focus on the former Soviet Union, Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans. She has served in or visited over two dozen nations worldwide, and speaks several languages, including Spanish, Bulgarian, French, German, and Russian, and currently is studying Farsi.

Now a private consultant, Lopez also serves as Vice President of the non-profit forum, The Intelligence Summit, and is a Professor at the Centre for Counterintelligence and Security Studies (CI Centre), where she teaches courses on the Iranian Intelligence Services, and the expanding influence of Jihad and Sharia in Europe and the U.S. She is affiliated on a consultant basis with DoD contractors that provide clandestine operations training to military intelligence personnel. Lopez was Executive Director of the Iran Policy Committee, a Washington, DC think tank, from 2005-2006. She has served as a Senior Scientific Researcher at the Battelle Memorial Institute; a Senior Intelligence Analyst, Subject Matter Expert, and Program Manager at HawkEye Systems, LLC.; and previously produced Technical Threat Assessments for U.S. Embassies at the Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security, where she worked as a Senior Intelligence Analyst for Chugach Systems Integration.

Lopez received a B.A. in Communications and French from Notre Dame College of Ohio (NDC) and an M.A. in International Relations from the Maxwell School of Syracuse University. She completed Marine Corps Officer Candidate School (OCS) in Quantico, Virginia before declining a commission in order to join the CIA. Lopez is a member of the Board of Directors for the Institute of World Affairs and also serves on the Advisory Board for the Intelligence Analysis and Research program and as an occasional guest lecturer at her undergraduate alma mater, NDC. She has been a Visiting Researcher at Georgetown University and a guest lecturer on terrorism, national defense, international relations, and Iran there, at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and the National Defense Intelligence College in Washington, D.C. Lopez is a regular contributor to print and broadcast media on subjects related to Iran, Islam, counterterrorism, and the Middle East and is the co-author of two published books on Iran.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#29]
You know like the day or so before Hildabeast was supposed to testify before Congress about Bengazhi the Sandy Hook shooting happened so Congress canceled.  

Edit: And what happened to that security guard that exchanged fire with the gunman in Vegas?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wake up.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/181959/74567060-3A0B-4FD0-A775-E0C085D55062-802419.jpg
Hey look a credibile news report about a modern stinger shot at an American helicopter. Hmm how could terrorists get their hands on a modern stinger? Well maybe they got it at a gun show through the gun show loophole. I'm always hearing your side talk about that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2014/06/08/how-the-taliban-got-their-hands-on-modern-us-missiles/amp/

The investigation took time. Arms were twisted, noses put out of joint. But when the results came back, they were stunning: The Stinger tracked back to a lot that had been signed out by the CIA recently, not during the anti-Soviet jihad.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hey look a credibile news report about a modern stinger shot at an American helicopter. Hmm how could terrorists get their hands on a modern stinger? Well maybe they got it at a gun show through the gun show loophole. I'm always hearing your side talk about that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2014/06/08/how-the-taliban-got-their-hands-on-modern-us-missiles/amp/

The investigation took time. Arms were twisted, noses put out of joint. But when the results came back, they were stunning: The Stinger tracked back to a lot that had been signed out by the CIA recently, not during the anti-Soviet jihad.
View Quote
I have to find the article but there was a Navy SEAL that stated that he was local to Benghazi at the time and tasked with tracking down the manpads.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Read the book.
View Quote
I read the book. It’s the movie.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Benghazi Brief

hard to respond when you don't know there are people there and the operation was called Zero Footprint.

Responding would have made public our activities and is also why requests for additional security were denied.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

soooooo.....
I think everyone understood that except for the guy you were trying to help
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Think about this.  Why would you put down your actual weapon to paint a target if there wasn't an appropriate air asset on site to hit that target?
View Quote
I know the dude flying the armed ISR asset overhead that day.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:10:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this needs to be discussed a little bit more.

@esa17

Can your friend reveal any details to back this up?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wake up.
Eyeballs and ears.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You know when your parents say they are more disappointed in you than angry and it hits you like a ton of bricks. That is how I felt after watching this movie. Assuming this movie is 95% factual, how certain scum politicians can do that goes beyond making me angry. Just totally disappointed in the country and the fact there wasn't more collective anger over FBHO & FHRC abandoning our guys.
View Quote
Obama and Hillary Blame Youtube Video for Benghazi Terrorist Attack as Coffins Arrive
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@esa17

View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
It wouldn’t have fallen to the President, it would’ve been a State Department affair.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Wake up.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@esa17

No.
OK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top