Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2023 9:09:44 AM EDT
My grandmother is pushing 90 and will be moving into apartments where they can smoke in their car, but mobility is her biggest issue so we don't want her to be walking to her car too often.

She is technically not allowed to smoke in the facility or on her porch, but might be tempted to vape on her porch because it shouldn't affect others (better than her sneaking cigs in her room or bathroom).

She has smoked Winston Tall Reds for 50+ years. Currently smoking about three packs every two days.

1. Can you recommend a vape for her -- she struggles to operate some lighters, so she'll need a vape that is VERY VERY easy to operate and refill

2. What brand of juice would you recommend for Winston Tall Reds? I see with a quick Google Search this brand  returns. Have you found any cigarette brands which taste close enough to satisfy a 90-year-old smoker? What about suggesting a sampler pack so when she undoubtedly complains about the taste of the Winston juice, there are other solid recommendations?

3. For someone who smokes about three packs every two days, how much nicotine (and juice volume) would that translate too for vaping?

Thanks ahead of time!

Link Posted: 1/6/2023 9:13:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#1]
Vaporesso
Its super simple and just works

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#2]
She's 90. Let her smoke.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vengarr:
She's 90. Let her smoke.
View Quote
That's what I'm doing. She won't be able to easily smoke at her new residence without walking 300+ feet in the hot/cold.

I'm trying to help her have the option of quietly vaping in her room/balcony, as she'd likely get caught with cigarettes'.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By hoosier122:
That's what I'm doing. She won't be able to easily smoke at her new residence without walking 300+ feet in the hot/cold.

I'm trying to help her have the option of quietly vaping in her room/balcony, as she'd likely get caught with cigarettes'.
View Quote

Be carefull in the apartment itself, the smoke detectors will be set to highest sensitivity, and vape will absolutely set them off. Can't recommend a brand to match hers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Device: https://www.myuwell.com/products/pod-system/caliburn.html

Liquid: CUBAN BLEND - NKD100 SALT E-LIQUID - 30ML

I smoked Marlboro for 35 years

This was the closest to smoking I ever found

Easy to use, either use the button or not

A pod lasts me over a month before replacing, juich lasts me about the same

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 1:38:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Justcause:
Device: https://www.myuwell.com/products/pod-system/caliburn.html

Liquid: CUBAN BLEND - NKD100 SALT E-LIQUID - 30ML

I smoked Marlboro for 35 years

This was the closest to smoking I ever found

Easy to use, either use the button or not

A pod lasts me over a month before replacing, juich lasts me about the same

View Quote
Any non-china places to buy the linked item you recommend?  My adblocker says nope....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top