Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2020 4:40:46 PM EDT
Yesterday I was looking at the FiiO x5 iii at b$h - great price and feature set but it has a ton of negative reviews on amazon so I passed. It was on sale for $180 or so.

What other players should I consider in $200 price range.

I want:
Plays lots of different formats
Good battery life
Variety of outputs
Good sound
Ability to take micro sd cards

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The x5 is a good player. Great reviews on head-fi. The x3 and x1 are good also. Depends on what you need. Hit me up if you need to talk audio and players. Been doing reviews on them since 05.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
@tarheel7734

I’m sent
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Fiio X5 as well, haven't had any major issues.  Are the reviews slamming the product or the store/shipper?
TBH I don't use it as much as I thought I would.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of issues, software updates , freezing up etc.  3.1/5 on amazon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You must be looking at the Gen3 one.  I have the Gen2 which doesn't have the android/wifi bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I received the m9 today.

I’m having a few challenges but I’m liking it so far.
Was at work and did software update via WiFi no problem.

I wasn’t able to find in the device how to format a sd card so I just ran with what ever format was on a older sd card and it worked.  My large SD card is on back order.

I couldn’t get a blue tooth speaker to pair up - just numbers showed up on the m9 - no device description that I’m used to.  Not sure what issue is but perhaps type of BT.

Cheesey head phones I tried worked fine.

I dragged and dropped some albums in wav format onto the card and they played!

Using the file menu I could select songs and such but album titles and artists names didn’t go in to the app categories.

The files were huge (wav) so I need to figure figure how to go to a more compact format.

I selected line out and plugged in a cheesy cable into my Tacoma’s line in.  I was pretty impressed!  Sound was pretty good.

Need now:
Better cable.
Software to convert files.
Large micro SD cards.
Time!

Thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top