Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2018 4:30:30 PM EDT
Sometime in the near future I will have to replace the floor on my 28' dovetail trailer.  Watched a few folks do it with a section of channel iron and a magnetic drill so I might add one to my tool supply.  Looking at prices they are not cheap.  Any recommendations on a magnetic drill or other thoughts or ideas on how to mount a new floor with possibly other tools?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm out of the business for a while but Champion was a good name and had a decent machine, not too expensive.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Hougen is what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#3]
You may have already bought one, but this dewalt gets used daily in the shop and it is awesome. Very light for what it does, and the annular cutters make quick work of just about anything.

It is currently being used to drill 1 3/4" holes in 14" sch40 pipe.

Being able to change the handle to either side is a nice touch. We don't bother with the oiler though.

Amazon Product
  • 10 amp motor, 2-speed settingsl ;No Load Speed : 300/450 rpm
  • Overload protection electronics which prevent motor damage
  • Quick Change chuck system

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top