Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2020 3:54:06 PM EDT
I have xfinity internet only now and I’m looking at my splitter in the basement and wondering how I can get rid of it.

I have one of those commscope 7 way powered voip splitters, and my cable coming in from outside has a large orange banded filter on it.  

The only thing I have left hooked up in the house is the xfinity gateway.  Can I get rid of the powered splitter, and connect the gateway coax run directly to the coax input(from outside) with a barrel(coupling) connector?

If I can do that, should I ditch the orange banded coax filter that is on the coax feed currently?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top