Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2018 2:22:58 PM EDT
At last night's Bourbon Society monthly tasting we had Larceny, Elijah Craig Small Batch, Henry McKenna Single Barrel, Pikesville Rye, and Old Fitzgerald Bottled-In-Bond 9 Year.  The Pikesville, EC, and McKenna were decent sips, but I'm unlikely to buy a full bottle.  Larceny is new to the Gulf Coast and a nice surprise.  I'll be keeping a bottle on the bar.

The real star was the Old Fitz BIB.  Wow.  Excellent bourbon.  Very limited release and we were the first to have some on the Coast.  If you find a bottle I highly recommend to spend the money.

On a separate note, got a bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oak.  There's a lot going on with this bourbon.  I really like it.  Did something I don't normally do, I added a splash of Coke.  Very good.

I really enjoy the Bourbon Society events.  Good bourbons drank with good people.

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Village of Elgin Distillery

I cruised down and tasted their rye, 100 proof, 80 proof, and their white lightning.  I bought one of each.   (these are ones that will not be near any Coke)

I also bought a bottle of their gin.

Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
At last night's Bourbon Society monthly tasting we had Larceny, Elijah Craig Small Batch, Henry McKenna Single Barrel, Pikesville Rye, and Old Fitzgerald Bottled-In-Bond 9 Year.  The Pikesville, EC, and McKenna were decent sips, but I'm unlikely to buy a full bottle.  Larceny is new to the Gulf Coast and a nice surprise.  I'll be keeping a bottle on the bar.

The real star was the Old Fitz BIB.  Wow.  Excellent bourbon.  Very limited release and we were the first to have some on the Coast.  If you find a bottle I highly recommend to spend the money.

On a separate note, got a bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oak.  There's a lot going on with this bourbon.  I really like it.  Did something I don't normally do, I added a splash of Coke.  Very good.

I really enjoy the Bourbon Society events.  Good bourbons drank with good people.

Cheers
View Quote
The Old Fitz BIB just hit stores around here in the last couple weeks.

I would like to have some but one place had it priced at $95 and another had it at $199 . Just too much for me unfortunately.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks OP. I’ll add that Fitz to my list. I’m a big wheated bourbon fan.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks OP. I’ll add that Fitz to my list. I’m a big wheated bourbon fan.
View Quote
Get it while you can. It’s on allocation.  Several stores I checked didn’t get any. I bought the second of two when I got the current one.

They are doing a spring (green label) and a fall (black label) release for 5 years. The one above is 2 of 10. I missed the local allocation of the spring and paid a premium for mine. I got lucky on the fall thanks to TN-MadDog posting it. (Thanks again!)
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Heads up, Chicagoland bourbon lovers. Binnys has received their BTAC allocations and is shelving it. Lincoln Park allegedly had several cases out today. Keep a poor, no-allocation-to-Oklahoma brother in mind if you so stumble across any of them!

BTAC 2018
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Heads up, Chicagoland bourbon lovers. Binnys has received their BTAC allocations and is shelving it. Lincoln Park allegedly had several cases out today. Keep a poor, no-allocation-to-Oklahoma brother in mind if you so stumble across any of them!

BTAC 2018
View Quote
This was just a joke that had legs. Btac is not on the shelves. If your not on the list you won't get it from binnys. That thread took off like wild fire, it was funny.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Village of Elgin Distillery

I cruised down and tasted their rye, 100 proof, 80 proof, and their white lightning.  I bought one of each.   (these are ones that will not be near any Coke)

I also bought a bottle of their gin.

View Quote
Didn’t know that place existed. Going to have to go check it out. Only an hour away
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This was just a joke that had legs. Btac is not on the shelves. If your not on the list you won't get it from binnys. That thread took off like wild fire, it was funny.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTAC 2018
LOL. I don't live in Illinois so I wasn't in on the joke. I bet the store in Lincoln Park wondered WTF was going on as soon as the hunters started arriving by the busload!
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

LOL. I don't live in Illinois so I wasn't in on the joke. I bet the store in Lincoln Park wondered WTF was going on as soon as the hunters started arriving by the busload!
View Quote
It was a shit show from what I was told. I felt bad for the binnys guys as I heard they got mobbed on the phone and in person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top