Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2020 5:36:23 PM EDT
So, my 20 year old Onkyo died and I would like to get a new one.  I do like 75/25 music/movies.  I am looking at the Marantz SR5013 vs. Denon AVR-X3500.

I have a 5.1 def. Tech. System now.  I have heard the Marantz does music better, but the Denon has better features. Do i really need 2 receivers?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a close look at the Cambridge Audio receivers and the Anthem receivers. A bit pricey, but the build and sound quality is there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take a close look at the Cambridge Audio receivers and the Anthem receivers. A bit pricey, but the build and sound quality is there.
View Quote
I am trying to stay under $700, but I will check them out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you considered Integra (Onkyo premium brand) or Yamaha Aventage series?  Am looking myself.  Todays Denon just didnt feel like the old school Denon. I have had people suggest the Sony ES series but I havent researched those yet.

Im about the same ratio mix.   I'm disappointed in the look of redesigned 2020 Yamaha RX A series though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have you considered Integra (Onkyo upper end) or Yamaha Aventage series?
View Quote
I was just looking at the Marantz and Denon because def tech recomedned they work well with my setup.  Gonna look at some mid price Yamahas now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
if you dont mind factory refurbs, and want to save money, i got my last denon from acceories4less.
i will get my next unit from there also, most likely gonna be a marantz
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
if you dont mind factory refurbs, and want to save money, i got my last denon from acceories4less.
i will get my next unit from there also, most likely gonna be a marantz
View Quote
How long have you had it?  I will definitely check them out, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Check here: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-PGOL0g3rTNb/.

These guys are pretty knowledgeable.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:47:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Decided on the Denon AVR-X3500H for $549 shipped.  Will post a review when i get it set up.  May still get a amp if it don't have enough punch.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How long have you had it?  I will definitely check them out, thanks.
View Quote
about 5 or 6 years now
i really need to upgrade to one that has hdcp 2.2
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm running all Denon receivers now, my main HT setup is a Denon 4300, but it's only powering my rear atmos speakers, but it does fantastic as a processor.  I'm also running all Def Tech speakers and a SVS PB13 Ultra sub. I'm not surprised you were told Denon/Marantz is a good match for def tech, they are all owned by Sound United. I think you will be happy with your purchase once you get it all setup properly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top