Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2022 7:32:19 PM EDT
'01 2500 hd CC. No ac so when 97* it's windows down but rear right won't go more than halfway up, like it's being blocked by something.

Don't want to fubar it; the thug trash will be along to do that tonight.

I got the door panel off but don't know where to go next so I put it back on.

No rain expected so it'll be okay.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Lemme guess....Chevy/GMC?  Window regulator.  Common issue with those trucks.  Buy a replacement off eBay, watch youtube videos.  I did two on my '01 Suburban.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Check track guides for loose seals and obstructions.
Check cables, not frayed and pulleys are working.

Have someone work the switch will you gently pull and try to guide window up.
Can you feel it clunking or making grinding noise ?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My 08 Sierra rear passenger window quit sporadically from the drivers control. It would go down but not up. I found that the window switch on the rear door still worked every time
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lemme guess....Chevy/GMC?  Window regulator.  Common issue with those trucks.  Buy a replacement off eBay, watch youtube videos.  I did two on my '01 Suburban.
View Quote

This, my 01 needs help up right in the middle of the travel in the winter.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.

I got it up before dark but what I have found is all the plastic ware is cracking due to truck sitting out in the sun all day every day. I don't think I will try to rehab it since there are many other issues: no A(blend door issue).
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Blend door issue?  Like, AC is on, blowing cold, and then all of a sudden the driver’s side is blowing heat while the AC is on for the passenger?  Our shop truck, an 08 2500 likes to do that when it’s in the 90s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top