Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/9/2024 9:31:52 PM EDT
So anyone else hear of a WTF!?!? write up someone got?

Yesterday we had a guy get wrote up for "Aggressive Mopping". We have 2 guys in one dept (1 is 1st, other is 2nd but he likes to come in 2hrs early). Both hate each other. Guy 1 apparently was accused by guy 2 for "aggressively mopping at him". WTF is that. Guy 2 came back after leaving the place for a couple years. Guy 2 claims racism for everything and claims guy 1 is a racist even though guy 1 gets along well with every other black employee there. Now from what I heard, guy 2 is no longer allowed to come in early.

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:33:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Elijah1] [#1]
Had to fire a really talented maintenance guy because he used a racial slur in a meeting with one of our directors in it.   Yeah, that racial slur.  Now I’m stuck covering his shift until I hire his replacement.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:34:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Oceans87] [#2]
A lot of grown adults act like school children at work.  I've seen it everywhere I've ever worked.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
written
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
A lady told a joke and tapped her coworker on the shoulder with a closed fist. The coworker told HR she was punched. Everybody backed the lady up, but HR didn’t care
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess that is how the mop flops and it will eventually wring itself out
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Not meeting expectations when they aren't possible with the tools provided.
Every fucking day.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:39:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mojo_Jojo] [#8]
Employee in another Dept was fired for watering down a coworker's computer keyboard and desk.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Elijah1:
Had to fire a really talented maintenance guy because he used a racial slur in a meeting with one of our directors in it.   Yeah, that racial slur.  Now I’m stuck covering his shift until I hire his replacement.
View Quote

Wonder why they don’t have sensitive training like they have anger or drugs.  If he’s worth saving it seems like investing some money might pay off.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I can proudly say I never quit a job.....

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jb1001:
written
View Quote

Hygiene. Multiple write-ups and "discussions". Changed nothing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Never worked anywhere someone gets wrote up. You either do your job and it fits/works or you go home for good. No HR and if you have a problem with someone the owner will likely say "handle it between the two of you on your own time, now get back to work"
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Adult day care
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#14]
A woman in HR and a security guard got fired for having sex in an unoccupied office. One of the other security guards got fired for setting up the cameras that filmed the HR lady and the security banging.
Saw a guy get fired for stealing false teeth.
Watched a female supervisor get fired for saying her pussy was as good as gold, in a meeting with corporate.
There's more. I've seen some dumb shit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I have more than I can remember

Pooping in the sink at 7-11 because the toilet was dirty
Putting rocks in the hubcaps of a co-worker
Putting the co-worker's car on blocks because they said they never would install a tire
Having sex with the boss's wife, while on duty
Putting a bumper sticker on a gov vehicle (rainbow flag)
Trying to impound a pipe bomb and not notify the bomb squad because you wanted to go home on time
Failing to unload the Glock prior to cleaning and discharging it into a table and shooting your partner in the butt
Putting diesel in a gas car
Having the billing company say you put diesel in your gas vehicle so you must have been stealing gas using your gov card
Sneaking into a photo event to get a picture with Trump
Peeing on your co-worker's shoes because you thought his splash was intentional
Barricading the bathroom door right after turning off the lights, leaving someone sitting on the toilet
Using the women's restroom because the men's was closed

And these are from the last few years....

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jb1001:
written
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 6172crew:

Wonder why they don’t have sensitive training like they have anger or drugs.  If he’s worth saving it seems like investing some money might pay off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 6172crew:

Wasn’t my call at that point despite giving it a half hearted effort.  I knew he was toast.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:58:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hatari] [#18]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Putting the co-worker's car on blocks because they said they never would install a tire
Trying to impound a pipe bomb and not notify the bomb squad because you wanted to go home on time
Failing to unload the Glock prior to cleaning and discharging it into a table and shooting your partner in the butt
Having the billing company say you put diesel in your gas vehicle so you must have been stealing gas using your gov card
Barricading the bathroom door right after turning off the lights, leaving someone sitting on the toilet

View Quote

Normally I’d think that was quite a list, but then I noticed your  location and was surprised it wasn’t more sordid…
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Being “written up” is fucking tarded

Tends to be a good indicator of how shit a company is when they dangle that threat
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#20]
The place I used to work required entry via a secure kiosk. I.E. Step into the phone booth. Stand on the Scale. Put your palm and fingers lined up on the post and outline. Stare at the dot and say your name. The security guard looked for the green lights, said "Have a nice day," and pressed the button to let you out the other side.  For those of you that haven't had to deal with that shit. The biometrics don't (or didn't back then) like females. This necessitated answering questions that came from a random list. You never knew what they would be and they were quite detailed.

Girl in front of me answered her questions (I know this because she was in there forever) then was let out. She stomped off to her office. A week later, she came down to the pit to ask me to "testify at an HR hearing." She was written up for being "brusque" with the security staff.

This was not anything for uncle sugar, and it was 20 years ago. It was just a CoLo DS with delusions of being the NSA. Brusque takes the cake for me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I got wrote up for telling the new drive cam in my work truck to blow me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:07:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raygixxer89] [#22]
Originally Posted By Rob940:
So anyone else hear of a WTF!?!? write up someone got?

Yesterday we had a guy get wrote up for "Aggressive Mopping". We have 2 guys in one dept (1 is 1st, other is 2nd but he likes to come in 2hrs early). Both hate each other. Guy 1 apparently was accused by guy 2 for "aggressively mopping at him". WTF is that. Guy 2 came back after leaving the place for a couple years. Guy 2 claims racism for everything and claims guy 1 is a racist even though guy 1 gets along well with every other black employee there. Now from what I heard, guy 2 is no longer allowed to come in early.

View Quote

Wait, you're saying guy 2 claims racism and comes to work early?
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Shitting in a guy’s boots and setting him a little on fire…
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Today, i wrote-up a kid for not wearing safety glasses.
He's been given dozens of "hey man, you gotta wear safety glasses here" chances.
He got several documented verbal warnings from multiple supervisors.

Today he showed up without his glasses so I got him a new pair. He promptly put them on his forehead.
I asked him to put them on properly, which he did then the moment I turned my back, he took em off.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, here's me at work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#26]
At my former employer the second shift manager fired a guy he found sleeping at work..The fired employee claimed the manager was racist and sued us..Both employees are black.. How does that work?
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Myself I had a store manager (Dominos) threaten to write me up for refusing to do illegal shit (place our coupon flyers on the cars at the GM plant employees lots which are posted NO TRESSPASSING and they mean it). Told her to go ahead, I'll bring it up at the next poker game I'm at with our regional manager and talk to a friend of my parents who is the county ADA. Shut her down on that. Week later her and 2 other drivers got arrested at the GM plant, ticketed and told to leave. And did it again the next week. Why she wasnt fired I dunno.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:15:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob940] [#28]
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

Wait, you're saying guy 2 claims racism and comes to work early?
View Quote
Yep. He's one of those guys who has a chip on both shoulder and anyone who's white is a racist. The come in early is so he can get 2hrs of OT a day since alot of times 2nd shift doesnt get alot of chances for ot after their shift. We only have 2 shifts now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#29]
In 14 years of leadership I have only given out 2 write ups. I can’t stand writing people up for stupid shit, everyone has rough days. Everyone needs to vent sometimes. Only do it when lines are way crossed and it is well deserved. I am blessed with good team members.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#30]
In an Email chain amongst technicians at my old company, we were sharing mnemonics for new techs to memorize the wiring color code - white, red, black, yellow, violet. We were just sharing what older techs had taught us, not making anything crazy up.

One guy shared, “Winchester Rifles Bring You Victory”. He was fired for promoting violence in the workplace. We had gun manufacturers as customers, I was on a project at Sig Sauer in NH when this all went down. I wonder how they’d react knowing we’d get fired for mentioning their names.

HR came after me for sharing, “Why Rape Beautiful Young Vixens”. About a dozen of us were ordered to sign confessions of committing sexual harassment, agreeing we could be fired without cause if we “didn’t show a significant improvement in our behaviors”. HR also claimed a formal sexual harassment claim had been filed which was a lie. All the techs in the NOC were ordered to sign it or be fired immediately. I was the only one who refused. My mother owned a Court Reporting Agency who put me in touch with a couple of lawyers. They helped me craft a written response, accusing the HR manager of sexual harassment for ordering me to sign a false confession and threatening to terminate me for failing to do so. I also asked who filed the complaint, acknowledged the company probably couldn’t divulge that information, but the name would come out when we were deposed in her lawsuit, and expressed hope she’d receive the proper counseling so she could return to work as a productive employee some day in the future.

That letter went to both owners of the company, everybody in HR, the Services Director, and every VP in the company. They all read between the lines and it was dropped.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DCPhoenix:
Being “written up” is fucking tarded

Tends to be a good indicator of how shit a company is when they dangle that threat
View Quote

It all starts with HR.  They create an employee handbook.  If they don't follow the steps in the employee handbook they can be sued or have a DOL complaint.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#32]
She got into an argument with a mental health patient.  
That was broken up. So she decided to clock out go back and start it  up again
  The second time she got physical.  
 Security threw her off property.  
 Her employee clearance immediately  revoked.    

We displayed her hair weave like a war trophy.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Saying stupid shit. I had enough tenure that they'd never fire me over it, but they did give me several formal verbal coaching sessions for saying stupid shit. They knew I was going to keep saying stupid shit anyway, and they honestly didn't care that I was a goofball (Most of the company liked me and thought I was funny), but it was a formality that had to be done on occasion.

Of course it probably helped that, being well liked, I'd also been out drinking with most of the company often, and had enough dirt on them to take them all out with me.

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Taking care of a co-worker who was 6hrs away from home and had a 103 degree temp and getting myself sick in the process. I framed the write up and put it on my wall.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Negative,  that shit isn't tolerated at my work.

We are single point focused on making as much money as possible.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:
Today, i wrote-up a kid for not wearing safety glasses.
He's been given dozens of "hey man, you gotta wear safety glasses here" chances.
He got several documented verbal warnings from multiple supervisors.

Today he showed up without his glasses so I got him a new pair. He promptly put them on his forehead.
I asked him to put them on properly, which he did then the moment I turned my back, he took em off.
View Quote
We have a couple like that and a number of others that play with their phones while running manual machines. Although I'm hearing that the upper management is supposed to be putting a stop to the phone use while working. Too many people watching videos and tv on them. Not supposed to have ear buds in but most people have them in 1 ear.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#37]
About 15 years ago BN management wrote up a policy for us to page management when XYZ occurred, and they’d come and prevent theft.

We routinely called management and they never came and theft routinely occurred.

I wrote to my lead that we were holding up our end of the policy and were in fact recording when we called management, but they weren’t following policy and theft was occurring and we weren’t able to stop it without help from  management following their policy as they had written it.

Written up for “insubordination” by a twat of a manager who got butthurt that I called her out in writing.

- - - - - - - - -

Come to think of it, almost everywhere I’ve worked has had retarded “discipline.”

The hospital never disciplined anyone for destroying thousands of dollars in equipment. Rarely disciplined people for not charting or doing garbage charting. Didn’t discipline the guy who said he wanted to murder his coworkers, told him that I’d complained and let him retaliate against me and enlisted him to participate in my peer review, told me to work with him and try to keep the peace.

Gun store subjected me to a struggle session when the accountant misplaced a 4473, and removed me from company communications because I don’t have a grossout, sexual sense of humor. And that’s why I left.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

WTF? Someone actually got fired for this shiT? I've pissed in the ladies room before when no other option was available. I'm not pissing on myself when there's an alternative. Women use the men's room at stadiums/concerts all the time.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:44:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nmxdavenn] [#39]
People are dumb as fuck.

They will shoot themselves in the fucking foot and destroy their lives to think they got something over on someone.

I had one of my dudes, a crew lead, be rude as fuck to one of the nicest gate security ladies I’ve ever met.

Like made her cry, because she was required to do her job and sign him in, and that pissed him off.

Fired that dude right after that.

He’s now on a road crew, doing hard work for little money.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

I will buy you a beer.  I would like to hear more details.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Malicious Compliance.

Understanding the intent but following the letter of the instructions even though everyone knew it was wrong, just to fuck everything up.

"Go fill this with chemical and add it to that drum"

Once the bucket was filled to the brim with chemical, nobody could move it without spilling it.  So it took extra planning to transfer some to a different bucket.  Basic example that conveys the idea.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
At my former employer the second shift manager fired a guy he found sleeping at work..The fired employee claimed the manager was racist and sued us..Both employees are black.. How does that work?
View Quote

We had a guy that was lazy and not very bright.  Our manager called him into his office to put him on a performance improvement plan (PIP).  He quit on the spot.  He later tried to claim racism.  The problem for him was the Indian guy that fired him (Filipino) was darker than him, and he quit as opposed to being fired.  Then he tried an age discrimination claim, but again, he had quit and not been fired.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By -daddy:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/200-816.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -daddy:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/200-816.gif

14 hour day later, yeah I feel like the dude.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Vague:

Hygiene. Multiple write-ups and "discussions". Changed nothing.
View Quote

Let me guess....some software guy who writes code in his cubicle all day long.   I am betting the hygiene issue is accompanied by other social awkwardness markers as well.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:22:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#46]
Hell, I got written up because the policy had changed on something and no one bothered to really announce it and I asked when the policy changed because I wasn't aware of it.........Karen the supervisor didn't like being questioned
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Customer heard female co-workers discussing their oral skills, how many dicks can you fit at once?

Customer with disability calls in to ask question, put on hold but not muted. "Hey theres a retard with a question"

Ooops, said disabled person was family member of corporate manager listening to the call

Whole dept got blamed and written up after manager was fired and replaced. to make it seem like something was being done. Literally 4 days in, decides to reprimand everyone that got shit on from previous manager that was rightfully fired. She lasted a month before also getting canned. WTF is it with butch women wanting to rule with iron fist?

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:37:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:
Fired a kid because he argued about rolling up a bay door all the way before driving a telehandler through it.

His attitude was getting worse by the day and he'd had warnings, but that is what finally did him in.
View Quote

My Stepdad owned a fabrication shop and that was one of his hard rules.  He hired a former Navy Seal to be a general laborer and gopher.  He was a great guy and always a blast at company BBQs.  Anyway this guy didn't open the bay door up enough and he drove the forklift through it.  

He didn't get fired, but he went back in the Navy after Blackhawk Down happened.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I almost got a write up once. We had a parts delivery driver that was a know it all, a loud mouth and total white trash.We had him dumped on our department as he was a body shop and service Porter before we got him, his mouth got him into trouble and instead of firing him upper management decided to move him around to find “a better fit”.

Anyhow, the body shop parts man sent him to the wrong dealer for an emergency purchase. That company owned two different  dealers in the area, about twenty miles apart. It was a mistake but not that big of one. Anyway I picked up the phone when the driver called in,,he started yelling over the phone at me and I had exactly zero to do with the whole matter. So I told him to go,to,the other dealer, he kept on screaming so I hung up on him, I wasn’t going to listen to,his rant.

He got back in an hour and as he entered the back door he started screaming blaming me. He came to my work area and literally got in my face. I told him to go f*** himself and to see the manager as I wasn’t involved and I wasn’t listening to his rants. At this point the manager came out of,his office and starts to unload on me on how I should understand this kid’s point of view, how I should make allowances for him, etc. Well he and I started into it, started again how I should understand this kid and make allowances for him. And I should go over and apologize to the kid. Told the manager it’d be a cold,day in hell when I did that.

Well things  between the manager and I went from bad to worse, he said that he was writing me up for argumentative behavior, insubordination, and some other bullshit. He really didn’t like it when I replied  “Where in my job description does it say that I’m supposed to take shit from a smart ass kid?”  I also told him “Write it up, you and I are going up to see the general manager before I’ll sign anything. And if I do sign this written reprimand I guarantee you I won’t be,here tomorrow.”

He backed down. To say the least the loud mouth had been causing problems with all but one of the countermen, for some reason they were buddies.

Next day the kid was gone, he got shipped off to,sales as their new Porter.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
View Quote

thats what happened at my friends work at the jail.   so when they catch someone sleeping, they generally say they were not sleeping they were praying and get a free pass.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top