Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2020 9:21:27 PM EDT
I've seen people re-mark HK94's into MP5's. If I am only changing the model destination and not touching anything else can I legally do this? I have a NDS 16-A2 and I want to fill the markings and remark as M16A2.

Thanks Jay
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:39:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You can remark it as long as it isn't registered as a title 2 gun(ie you can't remark something that has been sbr'd).

The issue on your ar lower vs the hk's is material. On the hk94/89/sp5k/sp5 etc you have a steel receiver that is easy to weld over, sand, and then re engrave. On the AR lower its aluminum which is much harder to do.

You might be better getting an 80% lower with the markings you want on it and finish it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top