User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#1]
0/10.

Too many weapons of war.

You just need an 870 so sit and rack its slide a few times to ward off the enemy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Mixed M81, FDE, and olive drab?  Zero!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494324/20210120_163635_jpg-1788574.JPG

What for defending the homestead in the woods and such.
View Quote

Thanks for all of the data. You're now on the terrorist watch list
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Care to elaborate on that? I have a bunch of high quality ARs, and understand the parts commonality and such, but I have spare parts for the SCAR as well. I haven't had the SCAR all that long but I'm really digging it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd still take a lightweight AR any day of the week.

What if you have to patrol for over 24 hours? That heavy 762 bastard is going to kill you from fatigue.
That isn't a 7.62

And in 5.56 I'd take a quality AR over a SCAR16 100% of the time.

That said, the OP's gun is a nice rifle.....it simply offers no advantages over the aforementioned quality AR and IMO, is less desirable.

Care to elaborate on that? I have a bunch of high quality ARs, and understand the parts commonality and such, but I have spare parts for the SCAR as well. I haven't had the SCAR all that long but I'm really digging it.

They're good guns as you know and if you have a stable of nice AR's, no reason not to throw a SCAR16 in to the mix if you like them.

I simply believe that high end, well made and designed AR's are the best available 5.56 delivery systems made and as such have no real interest in a SCAR. I find them to be kinda clunky in design, don't care for the stock and over all configurability to be somewhat limiting.

I remember being at SHOT in Orlando when they were released. Same year Magpul released the Masada. I remember thinking "This has to be a prototype....no way they'll leave this hollow, cheap feeling boot of a stock on this gun."

I've shot a few and they perform nicely......just would never reach for one over, say a KAC CQB Mod 2.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/139619/PXL_20210115_220527224-1780691.jpg

I have a WW2 British paratrooper helmet, some camo, and an AK.
View Quote

And some pinball machines...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for all of the data. You're now on the terrorist watch list
View Quote

Nah, he is probably a fed trying to get us to join him in the woods. Then we get shipped to the china tent city.

j/k
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Magazines on the belt are going to bump into the underside of the plate carrier.

Slim down the vest.
View Quote

I don't actually have that issue. I think the picture is making it look much worse than it actually is.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]

8 for nods you may not see to shoot them,  but you'll see'em.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I see shears so I assume one of those pouches holds a med kit. 10/10
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, no, no, no.  New guidance has mismatched camo as Tier-1, due to multiple conflicts/tours/jobs that can't be talked about.

Only LARPers have time to shop for matching stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Non matching color scheme.
Dead man's rig if I ever saw one...

No, no, no, no.  New guidance has mismatched camo as Tier-1, due to multiple conflicts/tours/jobs that can't be talked about.

Only LARPers have time to shop for matching stuff.
I have one piece of Multicam in a sea of Coyote Brown....Success!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#12]
We have a Tactical Gear subforum in the Armory section where people talk a lot about plate carriers, armor, belts, helmets, etc. You could get a lot of good feedback there.

You've got all the fundamental needs there, but it seems a bit needlessly bulky. (Your mom seems a bit needlessly bulky)

You seem to expect to be out in the woods for long consecutive periods of time. 9 rifle mags, 2 IFAKs or whatever those huge pouches are on each of your cumberbunds. I assume you also have a pack set up for long duration personal sustainment in the woods, with water, food, sleeping gear, etc. I assume you have that huge knife because you want to do bushcraft-y work with it like cutting firewood and maybe skinning game.

If you aren't expecting to be running around in the woods for more than a day at a time, I'd consider shaving a lot of weight. You're very unlikely to ever need 9 mags. Try replacing the double stack pouches on front with single stack pouches from Esstac. Also try leaving only one rifle mag on the belt and put it next to the pistol pouches rather than with something stacked on top of it. Go through that IFAK on your left cumberbund and think about what actually needs to be in there. Go through whatever you have in that pouch on your right cumberbund and rethink what needs to be in there.

What sort of stuff needs to be immediately accessible on your plate carrier, and what can just go inside your pack?

If that knife is mainly serving as a "get the fuck off me" knife, then consider something smaller. Those big knives are mainly designed around the idea to serve double duty as both a fighting knife and a bushcraft/utility knife.

Water? Radio for talking to friends? Inflatable sex doll for morale support?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#13]
You play dress up pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't see a Mini 14.

View Quote

No Ranch so no need for a Ranch Rifle. Now sense it's a Homestead I would give him Strawberry points if he had a 12 gauge coach gun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#15]
If you can wear that four a few hours straight while standing up, I'd let you be in my boog bunch
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#16]
No whiskey? 5/10
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Your complete lack of swag and flair will be your demise.

You have no idea how mean the cool kids can be.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Son you're lucky you're not dead already with that get-up and space-rifle. I also don't see any anime charms... WTF is you thunking?
View Quote

I've never seen a SCAR owner get accused of doing much thinking...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
All that shit looks dangerous.

Scary even.
View Quote

This thread has everything.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#20]
The med kit and other pouch are too bulky. Swap the med kit for a taco on you chest and ditch the other if you are only defending the homestead and woods.

Also - if just homestead, ditch the rifle mags on the belt.

And my mom is not bulky!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#21]
does not look fast and light
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#22]
I hate knives on the front like that.

That giant pouch on your right side will affect your pistol draw/reholster.

When finances allow, get a better helmet.  It will make a world of difference.

Thank you for not covering your shit in stupid patches.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Dibs on a pinball machine.
View Quote

Which one? Second dibs for first choice on one of the remaing three.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Don’t get me wrong, ARs are great and lightweight but we can Pro and Con every firearm to death like how many rounds will be needed to defend one self with 5.56 vs .308? There are plenty of people who have carried 7.62 rounds in combat and did it for more than 24 hours.

10.5 inch barreled ARs excel at ONE particular thing. Sweeping ships quarters. Out in the woods? Fuck that, there are way better options. Not everything is CQB and with that the last thing you want out in the woods is CQB equipment when your goal is keeping a long distance. That’s where 7.62 comes into play though the SCAR would not be my first choice it is lighter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoting the OP: defending the homestead in the woods and such

I'd still take a lightweight AR any day of the week.

What if you have to patrol for over 24 hours? That heavy 762 bastard is going to kill you from fatigue.

Don’t get me wrong, ARs are great and lightweight but we can Pro and Con every firearm to death like how many rounds will be needed to defend one self with 5.56 vs .308? There are plenty of people who have carried 7.62 rounds in combat and did it for more than 24 hours.

10.5 inch barreled ARs excel at ONE particular thing. Sweeping ships quarters. Out in the woods? Fuck that, there are way better options. Not everything is CQB and with that the last thing you want out in the woods is CQB equipment when your goal is keeping a long distance. That’s where 7.62 comes into play though the SCAR would not be my first choice it is lighter.

Excellent points. I constantly hear how the 10.3/11.5 is the best. I’m not clearing rooms, so 14.5’s-16’s work far better. I had a number of 10.3 and 11.5’s I ended up selling all but one 11.5. It’s nice for HD, and a quick handy side by side gun or right around the house, anywhere else I want the improved ballistics. So many people loose sight that those of us in the country are served better by longer barrels. Honestly if I did t have the 11.5 I’d be fine, I know I would t buy one.

OP, if it was me I had a SCAR16 and only sold it because it was a 10” SBR, I would seriously looking into having the barrel shortened to 14.5”, look at what suppressor you want to go with and have the mount pinned and welded to bring you out to 16”.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Non matching color scheme.
Dead man's rig if I ever saw one...

View Quote

^
This, pick a color scheme, and stick to it.  
I'd buy some glow in the dark neon green and rattle can everything..
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You look heavy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looks heavy

You look heavy.

Your ass looks big in that plate carrier.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494324/20210120_163635_jpg-1788574.JPG

What for defending the homestead in the woods and such.
View Quote

Tier 1 mall ninja outfit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Looks like shit
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top