Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Nice! That looks a lot like mine, Makes a really handy rifle and I don't worry about banging an optic up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Usually have a o/u 28 gauge and a basic AR when crushing the lease.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Usually have a o/u 28 gauge and a basic AR when crushing the lease.
View Quote

Very cool. I've always wanted a 28 gauge but I've never stumbled across one I could afford.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lol at all the RTX hate, hes trolling.
View Quote

Perhaps a good candidate for a concise copypasta
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Very cool. I've always wanted a 28 gauge but I've never stumbled across one I could afford.
View Quote

Mine’s a Beretta silver pigeon that my parents gave me for college graduation. It’s a combo with a set of 20ga barrels and a set of 28. Neat gun but I don’t shoot it very well. I really need to get it fitted one of these days.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We're not necessarily city slickers, we just recognize that military style assault rifles are intended for the battlefield, not the farmer's field.
View Quote
You are not Ray tracing sir.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Man. RTX got nearly everyone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good god....You shot Bambi's baby sister. That's the smallest deer without spots I've seen.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/4392/666C0E73-D1D5-4548-B9AE-B6B31B476FC9_jpe-1840701.JPG
View Quote

Sure was tasty though.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I keep one in the Gator at all times...an Olympic Arms 16" 7.62x39.

I keep one in the tractor at all times...a homemade 11.5" 7.62x39 with TA11 Acog on it.  It's a real hog thumper.

I keep a Colt LW (6721?) in the feed truck at all times, with a 2x Leupold on it.

Then, I keep an SBR riding in the front seat of whatever I'm driving at the time...either a SIG MCX 11.5" w/mini-ACOG, or a homemade 11.5" LW rig w/MRO.

And, a 1911 on the hip in Milt Sparks TK1.

They all get so dang dirty you could plant corn on their surfaces, but they get used often.

I am unable to post pictures b/c I'm a freeloader on this site, sorry.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#10]

You using the 94 to hold up the train when it stops after taking the spikes out of the tracks?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#11]
This 'guy' obviously doesn't have a hog infestation
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We're not necessarily city slickers, we just recognize that military style assault rifles are intended for the battlefield, not the farmer's field.
View Quote

Then your farm sucks and is boring
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I had someone driving through my pasture one night. Real slow, I grabbed my .44 lever gun, came up from behind pulled my rifle on the driver, turned out to be a cousin looking for his coon dog. His buddy had an AR. I started thinking man that could have gone sideways real fast. Next week I had a brand new Rock River.
View Quote

Haha!  That's not at all where I thought you were going with that
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Creative ideas to mount on tractor?
View Quote

I glued/taped a magnet to the window, can lean the barrel in the V of the magnet with butt on the floor, works well for the guns that fit that magnet height.  I use this when I want to bring a different gun along, in addition to the live-in AR.

I also put a bracket with a claw on one of the door rails, and that's where the 'permanent resident' lives.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Long guns need to be unloaded and in a case or broken down in Michigan while driving a truck, tractor, wheeler etc.

Law sucks for sure.
View Quote

Even on your own property??
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Long guns need to be unloaded and in a case or broken down in Michigan while driving a truck, tractor, wheeler etc.

Law sucks for sure.
View Quote

You serious Clark?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A tip for y'all. Your truck gun should have a threaded barrel for a flash hider or muzzle brake, even just a cheap A2. It's a stand off device to keep the muzzle off the floorboards of your truck. And if you do make a mistake and get rust on it, who cares. It's a 5 dollar replacement rather than a recrowning or refinishing project.
View Quote

The end caps on all of my rifle cans are missing most of their finish.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nope.  When the PS90 first came out, I sold a pile of them to farmers and ranchers here in Oklahoma.  Some of the farmers actually SBR'd them.
They preferred the compact size and the fact that it holds 50 rounds so they only need to reload it once or twice a year.  They don't like to top off the mag every time they shoot a few, and don't like to haul around extra mags either.

FN really should have put out a farmer/rancher marketing campaign on that gun.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  When the PS90 first came out, I sold a pile of them to farmers and ranchers here in Oklahoma.  Some of the farmers actually SBR'd them.
They preferred the compact size and the fact that it holds 50 rounds so they only need to reload it once or twice a year.  They don't like to top off the mag every time they shoot a few, and don't like to haul around extra mags either.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

I can see that. One of the reasons I take my krink with me, it's small, and not too heavy like a full size gun. Only thing it's missing is compactness when used with 45rders, but it's pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hardly anyone?

What a buncha city slickers!

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I dont have just one I favor.  I spread the love for all my children. No safe queens in my safe.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Grendel, rides in the truck, Ranger, stand, or wherever else. Pretty multipurpose https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276423/96A91B98-A1C9-4A16-A8C1-1888BFB9E526_jpe-1840004.JPG
View Quote

Really is a jack of all trades cartridge.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grendel, rides in the truck, Ranger, stand, or wherever else. Pretty multipurpose https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276423/96A91B98-A1C9-4A16-A8C1-1888BFB9E526_jpe-1840004.JPG

Just wish the mags could get to the point of excellence we have with standard ARs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've thought about that, because I usually shove a 20 round mag in my AR for handiness.  Really like the idea of a lever gun for it's "slickness" lacking a pistol grip or vertical mag.  There are times I just grab my 12 gauge pump for that reason.  Not doing anything fancy, just need a basic, durable, simple gun.

But it's funny you posted, because my "silly" gun idea is a 458 SOCOM for pest problems, usually larger dogs around here.  I still can't justify it, but dang do I ever want to, and it's a good thing you don't know how often I've looked at your site, it would be stalking in the real world.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tony Rumore
Tromix

I've thought about that, because I usually shove a 20 round mag in my AR for handiness.  Really like the idea of a lever gun for it's "slickness" lacking a pistol grip or vertical mag.  There are times I just grab my 12 gauge pump for that reason.  Not doing anything fancy, just need a basic, durable, simple gun.

But it's funny you posted, because my "silly" gun idea is a 458 SOCOM for pest problems, usually larger dogs around here.  I still can't justify it, but dang do I ever want to, and it's a good thing you don't know how often I've looked at your site, it would be stalking in the real world.  

Quit stalking the man and buy his products! Worth every penny.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Law sucks for sure.
View Quote

On private property?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My old SOCOM 16 M1a I sold to my cousin has been his ranch rifle for over a decade.  It has killed countless hogs, coyotes, snakes, or any other critters that would mess with his cattle.  Wish I had never sold that rifle and got a Loaded instead but it is in good hands and gets put to use and carried around in a custom leather scabbard on his horse or throw in the back of his truck.
View Quote

Expensive truck/ranch gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Just wish the mags could get to the point of excellence we have with standard ARs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

? Mag issues?

Alexander Arms not good mags?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

? Mag issues?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

? Mag issues?

AA mags usually work.

D&H, Pmags, Lancers, Colt factory, they always work.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fuck off with that military style assault rifle bullshit......DU is that way --->
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck off with that military style assault rifle bullshit......DU is that way --->

You need to get your sarcasm meter refilled. It’s a dig at the Elmer Fudds using their words against them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Tractor guns:

RTV guns:

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Holy pokeweed, Batman!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#33]

nice.gif
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hardly anyone?

Fish cops will be all over you for this one.  Hunting over bait is generally a no-no, dontcha know?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I glued/taped a magnet to the window, can lean the barrel in the V of the magnet with butt on the floor, works well for the guns that fit that magnet height.  I use this when I want to bring a different gun along, in addition to the live-in AR.

I also put a bracket with a claw on one of the door rails, and that's where the 'permanent resident' lives.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#36]

this is badass!
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#37]
What did that little baby deer ever do to you?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#38]
All of your guys that carry around centerfire guns on the farm; what do you do for ear pro or do you just not use it? I carry a .22LR or .17HMR on the farm and in my tractor because when an animal presents itself I normally don’t have time to grab ear pro.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
All of your guys that carry around centerfire guns on the farm; what do you do for ear pro or do you just not use it? I carry a .22LR or .17HMR on the farm and in my tractor because when an animal presents itself I normally don’t have time to grab ear pro.
View Quote

Suppressor
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't bother. A few shots in the wide open from a 30-30, 308, or .223 isn't going to do especially terrible damage.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't have a farm, but I do have a rifle if I ever get one.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#42]
To each his own opinion as stupid as it sounds. A rifle is a rifle.  However you choose to use it is up to you.  Who really cares what you call it or what you carry.  The American media is good at that kind of crap to mold people's ideas about guns. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hardly anyone?

According to your profile you are in TX and an Alpha male ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

May your chains rest lightly
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#45]

If this doesn't say "American" I don't know what does............

Beautiful
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I tote my old Savage 93 22mag, usually.
If I feel like taking an AR, then it'll be the 18" Lilja/Ranier with an old 6-18 Nikon
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Had a 16' long black snake jump on my dozer out of a poke bush like that.   I know the length because of the length of the tracks it ran across on the dozer as I was jumping off....  Scared the shit of me, was coming straight into the cab at eye level.   Biggest snake I have ever seen in the wild.   Guess it was eating good living in the bush.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I take a variety of guns with me in the tractor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417972/20200916_183724-1597581.jpg
In the summer, my favorite truck and tractor gun is my Marlin 336 30-30. It's an inferior gun to my Win 94, but I don't mind getting it scratched up as much. However, if I subject it to freeze/thaw cycles it freezes solid. So:

In the winter, I usually carry my sporterized mauser in 308, with threaded barrel and 1-4 scope. It's a wonderful rifle that doesn't care about a North Dakota winter one bit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417972/20201030_093714-1660772.jpg

Occasionally I'll take an iron sighted AR, but tractors have a lot of wires, cables, and protrusions in the cab and the slimmer the rifle is, the better.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417972/1DF386C8-FD70-4C39-9ED4-0C738A2BC7E8-950646.png
View Quote

As gay as it sounds, we really need a like button.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All of your guys that carry around centerfire guns on the farm; what do you do for ear pro or do you just not use it? I carry a .22LR or .17HMR on the farm and in my tractor because when an animal presents itself I normally don't have time to grab ear pro.
View Quote

It's not a problem for me:  Since I've had cataract surgery in 2019, I just carry a pair of reading glasses everywhere I go.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:13:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Had a 16' long black snake jump on my dozer out of a poke bush like that.   I know the length because of the length of the tracks it ran across on the dozer as I was jumping off....  Scared the shit of me, was coming straight into the cab at eye level.   Biggest snake I have ever seen in the wild.   Guess it was eating good living in the bush.
View Quote

16 foot?!?

You don’t need a rifle, you need a flamethrower.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top