Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2022 5:55:40 PM EDT
Got a 2021 Audi Q3 the wife bought that sadly I might be getting stuck with.  Long story and I won't bore you.  

I don't mind too much as it's a good little SUV.  Problem is not enough blessed mother of acceleration for me.  Doing a bit of research uncovers options for installing a chip that changes the engine dynamics and improves performance.  My questions are has anyone here done it?  Did it work?  Were there any drawbacks.  

Looking for hive knowledge.  Go.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Odds are the chip does not do much and you need a real tune on a dyno.  Not sure how much you expect to get with no mods. What is the goal ?  There is a guy in Vegas I think that is nationally known for his Audi work. I can not remember his name but my son has shown me his videos.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#2]
2.0 or 3.0?

I’ve had the former and it was pretty gutless but sport mode mitigated some if the annoying turbo lag.  It was great on gas mileage though.

You can always try ECS - they have performance stages I believe.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses.  Yje fact there are so few replies tells me there isn't much action in chipping cars.  And I'm beginning to think if it does end up as "my car" and I don't like it better off selling it which is easy to do right now.  And yeah it's the 228 hp 2.0 which is just lacking in upward potential.

Thinking if I want luxury AND a little performance a late model BMW 540i with the 6 cylinder will work.  Heck, I leased a 2017 of those and it was excellent.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Your best bet would probably be a tune from someone like APR.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Plug and play canned tunes are a thing and do make extra power, especially on turbo vehicles.  I'm not too familiar with Audis, just do your research.

Quick search, ECS tuning sells a bunch from various tuners for that vehicle, but most are for pre 2019 models.

ECS Tuning
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top