Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2021 10:14:12 AM EDT
Our agency is dabbling with red dot sights on some of our handguns. We are about to issue RMRs for our swat team. I was pondering a question this morning and I figured someone here probably already knows the answer.

I’d like to set up a couple of Sims guns with a dot. Has anyone attempted or had success with mounting an RMR on a Glock Simmunitions gun? Does the extra weight affect reliability?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with this, but I am guessing you would have cycling issues with the added weight??  

Are you guys using older simunitions stuff, or UTM??

Not a terrible idea, just not sure it would work.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Never done it but as others have said you might have issues w cycling.

Other thing is there’s no good way to shield a real ($$$) RMR from a bb or sims round.  With our aimpoints just make sure everyone has a see thru cap on the front.  

If you have a decent training budget you might look at fake RMRs.  Look at fake aimpoints to use on the air soft guns.  Beated switching and keeping track of people’s dedicated optics,

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
If memory serves will petty from centrifuge training had some sim guns custom milled. Check out his IG I think it’s on there. Search for Temple indexing mofo and centrifuge training.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Have several set up with RMRs.   No qualms about RMRs taking sims (force on force/simunition not UTM).  If you have older gen 17T then you can direct mill or use something like the suarez plate.  If you have the newer 17T, there is a lot of plastic in the slide so direct mill is not an option.  

If you suarez mount them its reversible.  Just make sure you blue loc tite everything so it stays in place.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]
We have sim glock 17's with RMRs on them. no issues with them at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top