Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll just smile and wave goodbye.  Sittin' on a sack of seeds.  
View Quote

Sitting on your nuts hurts bro
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The simple explanation. M1 is the chart of the money out in "circulation" it includes checking accounts (paying like .1% int). M1 is going NUTS to the moon, straight up.... Made me think the fed was printing money like a mad man aka pay for the "stimulus". BUT what this guy is showing is. That's not what's making the M1 chart go to the moon, sure it's part of it. BUT the BIG mover is, BIG money is moving there savings accounts, CD accounts, and money market accounts (all 3 of those are only paying .1-.3% int). Sweeping those 3 account types over into there checking account. So moving the money doesn't cost you much, maybe like .2% a year. Why would big money be doing this??? Then he showed a note in federal law. That on those 3 account types, there is a provision that you have to give several days notice in righting to move you money, it's normally never used, but it CAN be). Spidery since, they are going to try and lock everyone into those accounts for 7 days of god only knows what.... Smart money is moving to there checking accounts that WON"T be locked to avoid (god only knows what.....). I would rather do what the big "smart" money is doing. It's only going to cost me .2% int... no brainier. We are talking like 20 cents on 100 dollars per YEAR.... lol That's on my accounts, god knows on yours.... clown world...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Interesting....more info on this?
View Quote

Dec 19 2020 is when that video was posted.

Still getting interest payments on my savings account , not much but still getting them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He went full Monday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What ever happened to Gym007?

He went full Monday.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The simple explanation. M1 is the chart of the money out in "circulation" it includes checking accounts (paying like .1% int). M1 is going NUTS to the moon, straight up.... Made me think the fed was printing money like a mad man aka pay for the "stimulus". BUT what this guy is showing is. That's not what's making the M1 chart go to the moon, sure it's part of it. BUT the BIG mover is, BIG money is moving there savings accounts, CD accounts, and money market accounts (all 3 of those are only paying .1-.3% int). Sweeping those 3 account types over into there checking account. So moving the money doesn't cost you much, maybe like .2% a year. Why would big money be doing this??? Then he showed a note in federal law. That on those 3 account types, there is a provision that you have to give several days notice in righting to move you money, it's normally never used, but it CAN be). Spidery since, they are going to try and lock everyone into those accounts for 7 days of god only knows what.... Smart money is moving to there checking accounts that WON"T be locked to avoid (god only knows what.....). I would rather do what the big "smart" money is doing. It's only going to cost me .2% int... no brainier. We are talking like 20 cents on 100 dollars per YEAR.... lol That's on my accounts, god knows on yours.... clown world...
View Quote

and just what federal law or regulation are you referring to exactly?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That’s interesting...I would note that just because you have a “savings account” doesn’t mean it is not a Demand Deposit account.
View Quote

Had to call another branch once just to withdraw $10k one time. Cash on hand is indeed limited for banks...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

and just what federal law or regulation are you referring to exactly?

View Quote

It wasn't me quoting it, watch the video, he's the one that's quoting the law. It's in the video. I know since 08 the discloses on my accounts have gotten insane... like 2 pages of medicin bottle print, and it's all required by the gov. I know... I bitched about it to my banks and they all said they HAD to, it's new fed law.... So it doesn't seem to far fetched to me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sensing stock market collapse and/or bank runs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#10]
PUT ALL YOUR MONEY IN DOMINION !!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Is there any alternate theory as to why people are knowingly taking less interest by moving out of savings accounts? They're about to spend cash on something? Or is it a "safety" move?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm solid in My Little Pony.  Ms CLEO says to buy more.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is there any alternate theory as to why people are knowingly taking less interest by moving out of savings accounts? They're about to spend cash on something? Or is it a "safety" move?
View Quote

Do savings accounts even pay interest worth getting anymore?

I don't have a huge account on any given month, but the dividends are usually peanuts, even when there is like 40 grand in there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Do savings accounts even pay interest worth getting anymore?

I don't have a huge account on any given month, but the dividends are usually peanuts, even when there is like 40 grand in there.
View Quote

It's just throwing money away for no reason, even if it's a tiny percentage. I'm assuming everything is done for a reason, and institutional money is relatively logical with said decisions.

But I want to play the "what if it's not a SHTF" reason. The only explanation I can think of that isn't fear of accessibility is prepping for fast spending decisions on a giant scale.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
PUT ALL YOUR MONEY IN DOMINION !!!
View Quote

as long as you write DEMOCRAT on your reserve notes your balance is guaranteed to increase
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#16]
""lol"

-DK Prof"

-TheGreatCornholio
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This guy gets it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy gets it.
He may get the gist of the problem but I will be damned if I base significant financial decisions on information from someone who doesn't know the difference between 'there and their' and 'since and sense'. Just saying.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]
From Nov 16- Nov 30 there was approximately 900 billion drop in total savings deposits. You just moved money from your savings account into Amazon's checking account for your Black Friday frenzy.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have 95k in mine.

Let's get it on!
View Quote

That's it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Weimar!   The French are moving to occupy Silicon Valley.

Do you know the difference between money and currency?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm sensing stock market collapse and/or bank runs.
View Quote

You know funny you say that... First thing I thought was hmmmmm Some money market accounts that give good int, let the institution invest in the market. I know back when I had a bunch of cash setting, I had a bunch of money in one of those, because it was paying like 5% int. But they where investing it in the stock market. Wouldn't shock me to know that a lot of big money people had a ton of cash in those kinds of accounts and are all pulling it because they are worried about a market crash. But I am not a stock market guy, I am into RE.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I emptied mine to buy GameStop shares.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I keep all my money in my bra
View Quote

Mine is in a tobacco sack tied to my nuts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I emptied mine to buy GameStop shares.
View Quote

depending when you did that you're either a genius or a dumbass
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He’s looking at different classifications of deposit accounts being reported in money supply numbers. There are unusually large jumps and based on the segmentation he identified that the shift was from non-Demand deposit accounts (enforcement of 7 day written withdrawal notice is a bank option) to Demand deposit (balance available on demand) accounts. Those large short term numbers can only be big money, not consumer action. The question is why?

Gist is big money moving to Demand accounts for easier access.
View Quote

thank you
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
All my cash is invested in unpaid bills.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#27]
DONE!
Went to Taco bell! That should show them
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Woooooo!!!

$25k Doge here we come!!! Lambos baby!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Just checked...I have $48 in my USAA savings account. Should I pull it out of there? If so, where should I park it? I don't want to leave that kind of money laying around....I want it working for me!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just checked...I have $48 in my USAA savings account. Should I pull it out of there? If so, where should I park it? I don't want to leave that kind of money laying around....I want it working for me!
View Quote

Move to checking...liquidate to Coinbase or similar...buy Ethereum or doggy coin...wait.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Interesting....more info on this?
View Quote

That's not how fear/paranoia fetishism threads work.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#32]
You guys get paid
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
hookers y blow.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nothing in my saving account but lead.
View Quote

Brass, copper, and lead.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I have plausible explanation.

A massive amount of people have fled the cities and bought property in the suburbs and rural areas across the country as a result of COVID and the riots and the election. Those people do not appear to have sold their places in the cities because the moves were so quick and around here they still have their out of state car tags.

That means they must have had the money to be able to buy a new property without selling their old property. That money probably came from savings accounts and money market fund accounts which are liquid and moved into accounts that are more liquid like checking accounts to close on these property.

It is not unreasonable to suggest $ 700 Billion was taken out of savings and money market accounts and put into checking accounts and then that money was spent on second homes outside of cities. We know those real estate areas have gone nuts with prices doubling in a year in many places.

That money had to come from someplace. I am willing to be if someone could do the numbers on dollars of real estate transactions it would end up being about a $700 Billion dollar increase.

Am I wrong? AM I missing something?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Getting financial advice from youtube is worse than getting financial advice from arfcom.
View Quote

What’s wrong with getting financial advice from arfcom. I was told several years ago to invest in brass and lead. Are you saying my one million 9mm and 5.56 rounds was a bad investment?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#37]
What 'savings acct'? I haven't had one in 40 years.
Yep and I'm a boomer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#38]
What is M2 ? Or the older crappier M1 ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A massive amount of people have fled the cities and bought property in the suburbs and rural areas across the country as a result of COVID and the riots and the election. Those people do not appear to have sold their places in the cities because the moves were so quick and around here they still have their out of state car tags.

That means they must have had the money to be able to buy a new property without selling their old property. That money probably came from savings accounts and money market fund accounts which are liquid and moved into accounts that are more liquid like checking accounts to close on these property.

It is not unreasonable to suggest $ 700 Billion was taken out of savings and money market accounts and put into checking accounts and then that money was spent on second homes outside of cities. We know those real estate areas have gone nuts with prices doubling in a year in many places.

That money had to come from someplace. I am willing to be if someone could do the numbers on dollars of real estate transactions it would end up being about a $700 Billion dollar increase.

View Quote

The drop in the M2 appears to have occurred too quickly for that to be the case. As in, it dropped in a week or two.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#41]
After going to the source I don't see any drop in M2 or corresponding increase in M1

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M1

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2

Go to each of these links and click on the 1 year graph. There isn't anything like is being claimed.

I am too lazy to copy and cut the images for something that is a nothing burger.

Ok I was able to easily download the M1 and the M2 graph over the last year. There is no dip and no corresponding rise.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

As usual, you might be onto something and are probably right. Also factor in everyone selling places. I know a lot of land lords are thinning the herd since they can't evict and the risk has went up. What are they going to do with that cash they get..... put it into checking while they looks for something else to buy. I would have expected more of a pull back in the market though. Because I would think a lot of those people buying second homes, would have pulled it from the markets to do that. So just hmmmm a lot of pieces in this puzzle. I just know that M1 chart scares the crap out of me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

As usual, you might be onto something and are probably right. Also factor in everyone selling places. I know a lot of land lords are thinning the herd since they can't evict and the risk has went up. What are they going to do with that cash they get..... put it into checking while they looks for something else to buy. I would have expected more of a pull back in the market though. Because I would think a lot of those people buying second homes, would have pulled it from the markets to do that. So just hmmmm a lot of pieces in this puzzle. I just know that M1 chart scares the crap out of me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at what i posted above your post. there is no dip in M2 and no rise in M1. I posted the graphs. You can go to the links and select the 1 yr graphs yourself

The whole thing is fake news.

The both went up because the fed created a trillions of dollars for the govt to spend, yes that will eventually cause inflation unless the deflationary pressures negate it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
After going to the source I don't see any drop in M2 or corresponding increase in M1

Go to each of these links and click on the 1 year graph. There isn't anything like is being claimed.

I am too lazy to copy and cut the images for something that is a nothing burger.

Ok I was able to easily download the M1 and the M2 graph over the last year. There is no dip and no corresponding rise.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/98989/fredgraphM1_png-1799864.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/98989/fredgraphM2_png-1799865.JPG

View Quote

Just did it myself by adding the Total Savings Deposits line via "Edit Graph".
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#45]
You're thinking of this place all wrong, as if I had the money back in a safe. The money's not here. Well, your money's in Joe's house. That's right next to yours - and in the Kennedy house and Mrs. Macklin's house and a hundred others.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/307850/Screen_Shot_2021-01-27_at_6_01_52_PM_png-1799872.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/98989/fredgraphM1_png-1799864.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/98989/fredgraphM2_png-1799865.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/307850/Screen_Shot_2021-01-27_at_6_01_52_PM_png-1799872.JPG

how do you add total savings deposits?
I figured it out
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Getting financial advice from youtube is worse than getting financial advice from arfcom.
View Quote

I’m up 200% on the month thanks to Arfcom shitposting. Speak for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

how do you add total savings deposits?
View Quote

Edit Graph -> Add Line -> Search for "Total Savings Deposits at all Depository Institutions" -> Add Series
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Jokes on them, my savings are in GME.
View Quote

To the moon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey, kids. Last night was New Year’s Eve, and your mom and dad were out having a good time. And they work hard, and after last night, they are probably still sleeping, so what I want you to do is tiptoe into the bedroom, but don’t wake them up. You will see your mom’s pocketbook and your dad’s pants on the floor, but don’t wake ’em up! Go into your mom’s pocketbook and your dad’s pants, and you will see little green pieces of paper with pictures of guys with beards on them. Now, don’t wake them up, but get those little green pieces of paper and put them in an envelope.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top