Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2022 1:13:24 AM EDT
I think they look nice, it is a Jeep and that can have downsides, but I looked on Autotrader this evening and there is a large number of used 2022 Wagoneers/Grand Wagoneers for sale with less than 10K miles....what is up with that?  The Series III are listing at $110K plus.  I am sure that 6.4L engine likes gas stations for sure

When I see this, I think of the number of Range Rovers for sale when they get to the 40K mile mark....unlike the Toyota Landcruiser what are very rarely seen for sale and when they are found, commanding a premium price.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:31:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Speaking with folks that have them around there were some issues with electronics like the touch screens and the onboard TVs that hadn’t been worked out one guy said his was glitchy. Reliability driving has been good from those I spoke with. With a 6.4 I’d expect realistic mileage in the 16 mpg range. My wife drives a 2500 crew cab standard bed with a 6.4 and that’s what she’s averaging though in trips 18 is doable. Lots of folks don’t care about reliability drivetrain wise if they can’t have 100% good to go connectivity with all their electronic bells and whistles.

ETA: I’d be happy to drive one but about the only option I would want besides 4x4 is captains chairs for the second row. I don’t care about all the connectivity stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]
6.4 is never going to see 16mpg unless under the most optimal conditions.

Urban service maybe, maaaybee 12mpg
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I have heard about the electronic issues on Youtube, but I thought they would have had those ironed out.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Why so much worse then the trucks both people I know driving them are seeing 16 for their typical stop and go commute.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why so much worse then the trucks both people I know driving them are seeing 16 for their typical stop and go commute.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't answer your question, but the original quote is correct. I get about 12-13 in my 2500 on my daily commute (part highway, part urban). I've gotten as high as 16 on longer highway trips but that's not the norm.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't answer your question, but the original quote is correct. I get about 12-13 in my 2500 on my daily commute (part highway, part urban). I've gotten as high as 16 on longer highway trips but that's not the norm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I need to start calculating the wife’s mileage see if the lie-o-meter is that far off in hers or she’s extremely lucky. Shes driving a Crew Cab 4x4 daily commute is 24 miles with a mix of urban and highway.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have heard about the electronic issues on Youtube, but I thought they would have had those ironed out.

View Quote

The vibe I got was it was something they were working on fixing but hadn’t got 100%. Though I also didn’t get the feeling it was something that was interfering with actually driving the car. I will say the couple folks I know with the newest line of Tahoe's and Suburbans are extremely happy with them as well so if your in the SUV market I’d say they’d be worth looking at.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not in the market for a SUV, but I do like the looks of the Wagoneer and like to look at new models, I have the what I consider the ultimate SUV now, a 2020 Toyota Landcruiser that just rolled 15,000 miles and is like new.  And when I think about trading it for a Grand Wagoneer I know it will be the worst decision I could ever make....so then I pull my self back to sanity and turn off the computer.

I bought the Landcrusier to last 20 plus years and 250,000 miles
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am not in the market for a SUV, but I do like the looks of the Wagoneer and like to look at new models, I have the what I consider the ultimate SUV now, a 2020 Toyota Landcruiser that just rolled 15,000 miles and is like new.  And when I think about trading it for a Grand Wagoneer I know it will be the worst decision I could ever make....so then I pull my self back to sanity and turn off the computer.

View Quote

Sound like me with the excursion still like to look though
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 2016 I had 2500 4x4 w/3.73's would reliably get 14 with a light foot and very few red lights.
Th 2021 I have currently is 12 w/4.10's under the same circumstances.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I had the Grand Wagoneer for a rental. 6.4 is fast for a barge. The inside is amazingly nice. The McIntosh sound system was a nice touch. There is no way I’d pay that much for a Jeep product. It will not last without gremlins.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had the Grand Wagoneer for a rental. 6.4 is fast for a barge. The inside is amazingly nice. The McIntosh sound system was a nice touch. There is no way I’d pay that much for a Jeep product. It will not last without gremlins.
View Quote

This sums it up, I sat in one at a dealer, the Grand Level III and it was outstanding.  Made my Landcruiser look like a Tacoma on the inside, but the Landcruiser will still be rolling 20 years from now
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My wife drives a 2500 crew cab standard bed with a 6.4 and that’s what she’s averaging though in trips 18 is doable.
View Quote

The past few weeks are the first time I've driven my 1 ton 6.4 consistently on trips longer than a few miles at a time (25 miles to work and back mostly).  I got something like 13.7 MPG on the last tank.  That was with no loads, trailers etc.

ETA: 3.73's, crew cab short bed.

ETA 2: I don't think I'd ever pay what the Wagoneers bring, but they are dang cool looking.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Considering trading a Landcruiser for a jeep? You’d spend many years kicking yourself for that one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#15]
The reason your seeing a lot of them up for sale is they are business right offs. These buyers change cars annually and buy in cash.

The Wagoneer is starting to hit its stride in some parts of the country and is actively being marketed as a asset that can be depreciated in one year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The reason your seeing a lot of them up for sale is they are business right offs. These buyers change cars annually and buy in cash.

The Wagoneer is starting to hit its stride in some parts of the country and is actively being marketed as a asset that can be depreciated in one year.
View Quote

Section 179. Over 6000 pounds and a truck/suv.

They’re fleet/CEO wagons.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trading a low mile 200 series land cruiser for a jeep wagoneer?

Get ahold of yourself man
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top